Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Official 2011-2012 Miami Season Thread: Short People Leave Big Shoes to Fill

The sieve cheer came through loud and clear on the All Access feed following Reilly's hat trick goal. Love it!

Comment

• Re: Official 2011-2012 Miami Season Thread: Short People Leave Big Shoes to Fill

He is aawfully telegenic
      Long live the "Brotherhood"!!!!!

Giving up a home run in Great American Ballpark is kind of like walking into a chocolate factory and yelling "I WANNA BE FAT!!!"

It's going to happen. Just give it time.....and a little effort.

Comment

Originally posted by MiamiRedhawks2008 View Post
        He is aawfully telegenic
        Had excellent form on his goal cheer.

Comment

• Well that was quite a turnaround, our first line is looking pretty dangerous. Hopefully Smith can keep bringing it tomorrow, and the defense can get their stuff together.

Comment

95:

I read your recap of last night's game. It was pretty good, but I have to disagree with you on one point: the penalties were not a reflection of physical play IMO. don't get me wrong, we weren't passive by any stretch. But I was not impressed with the officiating. As much give and take as there was between the clubs, the discrepancy in penalties as way too much. Just seemed that, when there was a chance that could have gone either way, it invariably went against the hawks.

On a completely separate issue, I can't wait for these young ones to get their adult bodies. It's great to see them tussle in the corners, but it's kind of amusing to see them go in for a check and just bounce off. Other than Biggs that is.
            Long live the "Brotherhood"!!!!!

Giving up a home run in Great American Ballpark is kind of like walking into a chocolate factory and yelling "I WANNA BE FAT!!!"

It's going to happen. Just give it time.....and a little effort.

Comment

What a disciplined team.

Comment

We need to seriously get better at faceoffs...

Comment

Originally posted by fellowes View Post
                  We need to seriously get better at faceoffs...
                  We need to seriously get better at many things

Comment

Originally posted by MUhawks628 View Post
                    We need to seriously get better at many things
                    Indeed, especially going on the road to Ferris next weekend, last few years it has seemed like we can't buy a win in that barn.

Comment

• Originally posted by fellowes View Post
                      Indeed, especially going on the road to Ferris next weekend, last few years it has seemed like we can't buy a win in that barn.
                      Bob Daniels is the trap guru. Try to score 1 goal and pray they hold on.

Comment

I wanted to know the opinion of you Miami fans on something. In these weekend's series, I was a bit more impressed by Knapp's goaltending than Reichard's, yet it seems as if it's always Reichard the one that is picked to play in the postseason. Any clue as to why that is? Do most of you guys disagree with me? Let it be stated though, that you guys definitely have the best goaltending duo in the country. You don't have a backup, it's a 1 and 1a situation.
                        Hockeyenthusiast

Colgate Class of '03

-I saw Andy McDonald play at Starr Rink.

Comment

Originally posted by hockeyenthusiast View Post
                          I wanted to know the opinion of you Miami fans on something. In these weekend's series, I was a bit more impressed by Knapp's goaltending than Reichard's, yet it seems as if it's always Reichard the one that is picked to play in the postseason. Any clue as to why that is? Do most of you guys disagree with me? Let it be stated though, that you guys definitely have the best goaltending duo in the country. You don't have a backup, it's a 1 and 1a situation.
                          I was at the games this weekend and definitely agree that Knapp had the better showing. However, they both seem to go on hot and cold streaks and we end up leaning on one over the other for a while. As far as the postseason goes, I would imagine the coaching staff turns to the one that is playing the best at that point in time. Reichard was the man in 2009, Knapp in 2010, and back to Reichard in 2011.

In other news, Miami dropped 8 spots in this week's INCH Power Rankings from their #1 Preseason perch. INCH did not post updated rankings after the first week, so the 8 spot drop takes into account both the Bemidji loss and the Colgate loss.
                          Love and honor to Miami forever and a day. Go RedHawks!

Comment

Originally posted by MiamiRedhawks2008 View Post
                            95:

I read your recap of last night's game. It was pretty good, but I have to disagree with you on one point: the penalties were not a reflection of physical play IMO. don't get me wrong, we weren't passive by any stretch. But I was not impressed with the officiating. As much give and take as there was between the clubs, the discrepancy in penalties as way too much. Just seemed that, when there was a chance that could have gone either way, it invariably went against the hawks.

On a completely separate issue, I can't wait for these young ones to get their adult bodies. It's great to see them tussle in the corners, but it's kind of amusing to see them go in for a check and just bounce off. Other than Biggs that is.
                            Thanks for reading. I, personally, didn't write that one and can only judge from what I heard on the radio and from folks who actually saw the game. From what I've heard about both games, we were sloppy and probably deserved all but 2 or 3 of the calls. I'd also suspect that ECAC refs were not prepared for the type of physicality we bring, but that's just a guess.
                            http://blogofbrotherhood.com

Comment

Originally posted by hockeyenthusiast View Post
                              The postseason comment isn't technically accurate though Reichard played all four games of the national tournament in '09. In '10, they split the regional in Fort Wayne (Reichard vs. UAH, Knapp vs. Michigan - he was redonkulous in that game) and Knapp started the national semifinal vs. Boston College but was pulled. In '11, Reichard played against UNH, but of course, lost. They've both played in the CCHA playoffs but Rico does have a tendency to start Cody in late season matchups based on gut and hot hand.

I go back and forth, and as a result, completely support the rotation. As soon as you say one's better than the other, they switch...

Comment

Originally posted by RedhawkBandMan View Post
                                I was at the games this weekend and definitely agree that Knapp had the better showing. However, they both seem to go on hot and cold streaks and we end up leaning on one over the other for a while. As far as the postseason goes, I would imagine the coaching staff turns to the one that is playing the best at that point in time. Reichard was the man in 2009, Knapp in 2010, and back to Reichard in 2011.

In other news, Miami dropped 8 spots in this week's INCH Power Rankings from their #1 Preseason perch. INCH did not post updated rankings after the first week, so the 8 spot drop takes into account both the Bemidji loss and the Colgate loss.
                                I could've just said, THIS.

Comment

Working...
                                X