Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Official 2011-2012 Miami Season Thread: Short People Leave Big Shoes to Fill

Anyone making the trip to Colgate?
    Long live the "Brotherhood"!!!!!

Giving up a home run in Great American Ballpark is kind of like walking into a chocolate factory and yelling "I WANNA BE FAT!!!"

It's going to happen. Just give it time.....and a little effort.

Comment

• Re: Official 2011-2012 Miami Season Thread: Short People Leave Big Shoes to Fill

Hey could you guys be kind enough to share some information about the 11-12 Redhawks? We know a lot about the studs you lost from last year, particularly Camper and Miele, as well as a bit about your goaltending tandem and Smith. But what about the rest? What can we expect to see?
      Hockeyenthusiast

Colgate Class of '03

-I saw Andy McDonald play at Starr Rink.

Comment

Is anyone thinking of heading up to Colgate?

Giving up a home run in Great American Ballpark is kind of like walking into a chocolate factory and yelling "I WANNA BE FAT!!!"

Comment

• Originally posted by MUhawks628 View Post
          Looked like Rico was keen on keeping the McKenzie/Coleman/Biggs line together. Best guesses for who Reilly skates with?

Smith-Czarnik-tHirsch
          CMac-Coleman-Biggs
          Wideman-Vogelhuber-Tomassioni
          Mullin-Mason-Cook/Paulazzo/Tiesling
          I'd hope they to see smith czarn BIGGS. I know The Hirsch doesnt play small, but even with all the scoring talent on that second line it just reminds me of the broadstreet bullies. spread some of the muscle out.

Comment

Originally posted by mcfarljd View Post
            I'd hope they to see smith czarn BIGGS. I know The Hirsch doesnt play small, but even with all the scoring talent on that second line it just reminds me of the broadstreet bullies. spread some of the muscle out.
            I would love to see a Smith-Czarnik-Biggs line as well. That 2nd line was the only one that remained unchanged between Friday and Saturday this weekend, so anyone's guess what that could mean, if anything.

Comment

Originally posted by MiamiRedhawks2008 View Post
              Is anyone thinking of heading up to Colgate?
              I think RHBM is, so we'll have at least 1 fan there!
              Last edited by MUhawks628; 10-10-2011, 03:46 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by hockeyenthusiast View Post
                Hey could you guys be kind enough to share some information about the 11-12 Redhawks? We know a lot about the studs you lost from last year, particularly Camper and Miele, as well as a bit about your goaltending tandem and Smith. But what about the rest? What can we expect to see?
                We have a very, very young team. Dressing 6-7 freshmen and trying to replace ~50% of our scoring from last season. There is a lot of talent out there, however the offense isn't really clicking on a consistant basis yet, but that is to be expected after only a week or so of practice with so much turnover.

I'll write more later when I stop cursing at the Tigers for leaving runner after runner on base.

Comment

I'm not sure we can say they're 'inconsistant' just yet. We don't have a good enough sample to know what 'consistant' means for this group.

That being said, so far, through 2 games, we've seen some wonderful gimpses at their speed and stick work. But they definitely had spacing issues and they're still learning to mesh and play together. Consistancy, however, is something we won't be able to properly gauge until aroung the end of november. Just my opinion.

Comment

• Originally posted by MUhawks628 View Post
                    I'm considering a quick jaunt up for Friday. Its only a 6hr drive.

Comment

I'm not sure we can say they're 'inconsistant' just yet. We don't have a good enough sample to know what 'consistant' means for this group.

That being said, so far, through 2 games, we've seen some wonderful gimpses at their speed and stick work. But they definitely had spacing issues and they're still learning to mesh and play together. Consistancy, however, is something we won't be able to properly gauge until aroung the end of november. Just my opinion.
                      Arguing semantics a bit, but that is what I was going for

Comment

I'm considering a quick jaunt up for Friday. Its only a 6hr drive.
                        2 fans!

12 hours for me...tempting...

Comment

Originally posted by MUhawks628 View Post
                          Yup! 4 hour drive for me. I'll be there with 2 others and we'll definitely be ready for some loud and proud renditions of the Fight Song.

2008/anyone else - If you are going to need a place to stay, let me know and we may be able to go in on a hotel room. It's impossible to get anything in town but there are plenty of options about 20 miles out.
                          Love and honor to Miami forever and a day. Go RedHawks!

Comment

Originally posted by redeagle View Post
                            I don't have anything official, but the word (rumor) around O-town is that Murphy broke something (ankle, leg) and will be out for a while. No one was speculating if surgery was needed, but it was not good. What a horrible break (no pun intended) for this kid. If he plays like he did this first weekend, he will be a wildly popular player for Miami, assuming he can get back to good health and get that jump back. With all that energy and work ethic, he is the perfect role player. And, what a great effort he made on the play when he was injured. Very sad to see that happen on the first weekend of your career. I sure hope he can come back, but you hate to see an injury to a player that depends on his wheels the way Murphy does.
                            via Twitter: @PresHodge - Cody and Tom lead a fine seminar in my class today. Cody broke his leg in MU hockey Sat!#miamu http://t.co/ljG8l3SE
                            Love and honor to Miami forever and a day. Go RedHawks!

Comment

I refuse to follow @PresHodge on twitter. It will just ruin my day. everyday.

Comment

Originally posted by redeagle View Post
                                I don't have anything official, but the word (rumor) around O-town is that Murphy broke something (ankle, leg) and will be out for a while. No one was speculating if surgery was needed, but it was not good. What a horrible break (no pun intended) for this kid. If he plays like he did this first weekend, he will be a wildly popular player for Miami, assuming he can get back to good health and get that jump back. With all that energy and work ethic, he is the perfect role player. And, what a great effort he made on the play when he was injured. Very sad to see that happen on the first weekend of your career. I sure hope he can come back, but you hate to see an injury to a player that depends on his wheels the way Murphy does.
                                Agreed. He was just trying to make something happen out of nothing he lost control. I felt awful for the kid when he was trying to crawl off the ice under his own power but he couldn't move. It would be nice to get more information because a broken bone is much easier to deal with than ligament damage.

Comment

Working...
                                X