Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Official 2011-2012 Miami Season Thread: Short People Leave Big Shoes to Fill

Empty netter and there it is!!! Do not underestimate us.

Comment

• Re: Official 2011-2012 Miami Season Thread: Short People Leave Big Shoes to Fill

Looking for some instant feedback on the game. Work too late on the west coast to be able to watch these Friday games. Obviously a very disapointing finish, better not be a recurring theme.

Comment

Rough way to start. I thought we had to worry about our young offense, not our veteran defense... However, getting 2 of the 3 goals from freshmen is heartening. It's only the first game of a long season so hopefully it will provide some good lessons. Let's bounce back tomorrow and (re)set the tone for a great season. Go RedHawks!
        Love and honor to Miami forever and a day. Go RedHawks!

Comment

Originally posted by RedhawkBandMan View Post
          Rough way to start. I thought we had to worry about our young offense, not our veteran defense... However, getting 2 of the 3 goals from freshmen is heartening. It's only the first game of a long season so hopefully it will provide some good lessons. Let's bounce back tomorrow and (re)set the tone for a great season. Go RedHawks!
          Burn the stripe jerseys

Comment

NCHC invitees aren't so tough...even in their home rink. Get used to losing, as it will happen a bit more in a couple years.

Comment

Originally posted by Beaver Fever View Post
              NCHC invitees aren't so tough...even in their home rink. Get used to losing, as it will happen a bit more in a couple years.
              The beavers played great and always were always able to come back. Saying that definitely warranted creating a new account

Comment

...What the hell did I just watch tonight?

Comment

Forgive me. Welcome to USCHO, I do hope you drop by after tomorrow evening's game to grace us with your insightful and informed opinions. I think you will be an invaluable addition to our community.

Comment

Originally posted by fellowes View Post
                    A very young team.

Comment

Originally posted by fellowes View Post
                      You tell me

It seemed like we couldn't keep possession in the offensive zone at all. And the powerplay was atrocious. Credit the Beavers for clogging up the neutral zone and not letting those speedy wingers get going.

Comment

Great BSU win, but let's not tick off the opposition any further (losing their home opener as #1 in the country to a highly respected but still small Bemidji State is enough motivation: they don't need any more). We play again tomorrow. Miami will do fine in their new league. On a side note, UND is down 3-2 at home in the 3rd against Air Force coached by BSU coach Tom Serratore's brother Frank. Now if my alma mater NMU beats Wisconsin tonight (up 2-1 in the 3rd), it will be a great night.
                        Andrew J Carter

Comment

Notre Dame falls to Duluth, so no matter which poll you prefer, the #1 team lost the first game of the season. Of course, Notre Dame wasn't playing a home game...

On a more important note, for those of you lucky ones that actually attended the game, what was the musical selection for the penalties? I'm pretty sure I saw some "whooping" going on but couldn't actually hear any music on the webcast.

Comment

Originally posted by RedhawkBandMan View Post
                            Notre Dame falls to Duluth, so no matter which poll you prefer, the #1 team lost the first game of the season. Of course, Notre Dame wasn't playing a home game...

On a more important note, for those of you lucky ones that actually attended the game, what was the musical selection for the penalties? I'm pretty sure I saw some "whooping" going on but couldn't actually hear any music on the webcast.
                            The whopping is not going away anytime soon. I can assure you of that. And the band played "Dirty Deeds." We need to find a way to bring energy back to the powerplay...

Comment

• Originally posted by MUnRPI View Post
                              The whopping is not going away anytime soon. I can assure you of that. And the band played "Dirty Deeds." We need to find a way to bring energy back to the powerplay...
                              Fwiw we were what, 2 for 5 on the powerplay?. But I know what you mean.

Hurry back Reilly. Tieslings next game should be at BG's senior night.

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew J Carter View Post
                                Great BSU win, but let's not tick off the opposition any further (losing their home opener as #1 in the country to a highly respected but still small Bemidji State is enough motivation: they don't need any more). We play again tomorrow. Miami will do fine in their new league. On a side note, UND is down 3-2 at home in the 3rd against Air Force coached by BSU coach Tom Serratore's brother Frank. Now if my alma mater NMU beats Wisconsin tonight (up 2-1 in the 3rd), it will be a great night.
                                Andrew J Carter
                                Sorry to disappoint, Andrew.

On second thought, I'm not sorry to disappoint.

Comment

Working...
                                X