Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Official 2011-2012 Miami Season Thread: Short People Leave Big Shoes to Fill

Originally posted by fellowes View Post
    Statistical certainties don't count as predictions
    Superglue that boy's gloves to his hands lol

Comment

• Originally posted by MUnRPI View Post
      I'm going to say 2-1 then 3-0 Hawks in two very physical physical games. Biggs gets in a fight and Hirschfeld has 5 pts this weekend.
      Fight fight fight!

Comment

• Re: Official 2011-2012 Miami Season Thread: Short People Leave Big Shoes to Fill

Originally posted by MiamiRedhawks2008 View Post
        Friday: 3-3 (both teams a little tight in opening night)
        Saturday: 4-1 Miami (crack down on D and little looser on attack; this could get rough towards the end)

Freshmen:
        weekend (2-4 points combined) - 2 goals

I think that if you get any freshman from 15-20 points in the rookie frame, it's a very successful season. We could get 2 of those (especially considering how we liketo get our Dmen involved). Maybe we see the start of the new Andy Green?
        15-20 pts? boy your undervaluing the talent in this class....Id be surprised if atleast two of these guys didn't have 30 pts and could see one with 40 pts.
        Miamiredhawks08: "Side note: have any of you had to wear a helmet in SLOW PITCH SOFTBALL CAGE?!?!?!?! Are you flipping kidding me?!?!?! Felt like a 30 year old wearing floaties in a wading pool! jeebus!"

Comment

Originally posted by redhawk95 View Post
          I wouldn't say outright that it's "far better than the old Goggin." When I was a student in the early 90s, the games against Lake St and Michigan featured some of the best atmospheres in college hockey. Shulmistra on the air guitar during time outs was classic. The students crammed against the glass on all sides...that place was awesome. That said, I'm so grateful for the new place, but I wouldn't discount the atmosphere post-1990 at "Good Ol' Goggin."
          That was a two year span, in the late 90's it was dreadfull and even rico's first two years it wasn't all that good. When jones and Davis came thats when the atmophere went to a whole other level. But consistantly the atmospher at the new goggin is far better than the old goggin. For one its easier to get around and you can actually see in the first couple rows of the stands.
          Miamiredhawks08: "Side note: have any of you had to wear a helmet in SLOW PITCH SOFTBALL CAGE?!?!?!?! Are you flipping kidding me?!?!?! Felt like a 30 year old wearing floaties in a wading pool! jeebus!"

Comment

Why would you say that? I was in the "New Goggin" from 2006-2008. the point i was making is that the administration shouldn't be so limiting on the kids. The fans should be loud and raucous (though not disrespectful). Have a few edgy cheers is not going to give Miami a bad name, especially when comparing to other hockey schools.
            Of course. But, to suggest the student section isn't into it is, frankly, wrong.
            http://blogofbrotherhood.com

Comment

Originally posted by redhawkman10 View Post
              That was a two year span, in the late 90's it was dreadfull and even rico's first two years it wasn't all that good. When jones and Davis came thats when the atmophere went to a whole other level. But consistantly the atmospher at the new goggin is far better than the old goggin. For one its easier to get around and you can actually see in the first couple rows of the stands.
              I would respectfully disagree to categorically say that. Even when Old Goggin was half full, the joint was loud and intimate. When the new Goggin isn't packed and loud (e.g., wake up season ticket holders), the atmosphere wanes.
              http://blogofbrotherhood.com

Comment

Why would you say that? I was in the "New Goggin" from 2006-2008. the point i was making is that the administration shouldn't be so limiting on the kids. The fans should be loud and raucous (though not disrespectful). Have a few edgy cheers is not going to give Miami a bad name, especially when comparing to other hockey schools.
                If the student section could actually not be disrespectfull or have vulgar cheers the administration wouldnt get on them. Fact of the matter is they have proven over the last few years they can't do that and which is why the administration is cracking down because the fact of the matter is their behavior at times over the last 5 years has given miami a bad name. The kids brought it on themselves and if they were more responsable this wouldnt be going on.

Also Miami doesn't care about other hockey schools and how the behave, they care how they behave and are perceived...that arguement is a bad one. Miami has its standards and needs to live up to it what other schools do has no bearing on that.

Comment

I would respectfully disagree to categorically say that. Even when Old Goggin was half full, the joint was loud and intimate. When the new Goggin isn't packed and loud (e.g., wake up season ticket holders), the atmosphere wanes.
                  Turn the season tickets over to the 20-somethings on the waiting list! It will be rocking in there every night.

Comment

Well in the old goggin it is really hard for it not to be intimate when its empty...A crowd of 50 people in their were loud, it was a small confined area. But just because it echoed and was loud doesn't mean it was a great atmosphere. The first 3 years in the new building were the best hockey atmosphere this campus had ever seen. Ive been watching hockey at both places since '87. It was great in '93 and parts of '94, but during the late '90's it really wasn't that good.

Of course a bigger arena is going to cause less noise when it isn't full, but even when the season ticket holders don't come there are standing room only tickets and other students who fill those seats.

Comment

Originally posted by MUnRPI View Post
                      It's only 22 hours from DC to Grand Forks.

Rinks on the east coast have a different atmosphere. RPI games were like stepping into a time machine lol
                      Even better:

DC to Colorado Springs, 1700 miles = 27 hours
                      Long live the "Brotherhood"!!!!!

Giving up a home run in Great American Ballpark is kind of like walking into a chocolate factory and yelling "I WANNA BE FAT!!!"

It's going to happen. Just give it time.....and a little effort.

Comment

Even better:

DC to Colorado Springs, 1700 miles = 27 hours
                        But you are making the DC to Fairbanks trip this year, right?

Comment

Goggin lines are already packed!!!

Comment

inside info: the band will be trying out 2 new penalty songs tonight. Star Wars Imperial March & ACDC Dirty Deeds with drum beats at the end so students can chant something. I think the latter would be pretty cool especially if someone came up with a good chant.

Comment

Originally posted by MUnRPI View Post
                              inside info: the band will be trying out 2 new penalty songs tonight. Star Wars Imperial March & ACDC Dirty Deeds with drum beats at the end so students can chant something. I think the latter would be pretty cool especially if someone came up with a good chant.
                              Drum beat...Chief song had a drum beat...whoop whoop?

Sure it will take ahwile for anything to catch on, but hopefully someone comes up with something that will stick.

Comment

Originally posted by MUhawks628 View Post
                                Drum beat...Chief song had a drum beat...whoop whoop?

Sure it will take ahwile for anything to catch on, but hopefully someone comes up with something that will stick.
                                For now it's just "lets go hawks"

Comment

Working...
                                X