Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Official 2011-2012 Miami Season Thread: Short People Leave Big Shoes to Fill

Originally posted by redhawk95 View Post
    I do not believe you've ever been to a game at the new rink.
    Why would you say that? I was in the "New Goggin" from 2006-2008. the point i was making is that the administration shouldn't be so limiting on the kids. The fans should be loud and raucous (though not disrespectful). Have a few edgy cheers is not going to give Miami a bad name, especially when comparing to other hockey schools.
    Long live the "Brotherhood"!!!!!

Giving up a home run in Great American Ballpark is kind of like walking into a chocolate factory and yelling "I WANNA BE FAT!!!"

It's going to happen. Just give it time.....and a little effort.

Comment

• Re: Official 2011-2012 Miami Season Thread: Short People Leave Big Shoes to Fill

The worst place for vulgarity, by far, in the CCHA is Lawson Ice Arena in Kalamazoo, Michigan. There are very few, if any, boundaries. Yost is such a dump, yet it's so cool, yet it's such a dump and the students there have been told to reign it in.
      Knowing the people I do from my high school who went to Western, that does not suprise me about Lawson. Still hoping to make it out to Yost this year for the first time.

Gameday!!

Comment

It's Game Day, SON!!!!

considering leaving work early for some shopping prior to game time. Cannot frackin' wait!

Giving up a home run in Great American Ballpark is kind of like walking into a chocolate factory and yelling "I WANNA BE FAT!!!"

Comment

The worst place for vulgarity, by far, in the CCHA is Lawson Ice Arena is Kalamazoo, Michigan. There are very few, if any, boundaries. Yost is such a dump, yet it's so cool, yet it's such a dump and the students there have been told to reign it in.
          haha. At the Joe last year the Western fans were beyond crazy. I've never been to Yost but that is definitely on my list of venues to visit.

Comment

Score predictions / realistic expectations for the freshmen?

Comment

This is one reason I was hoping it would be a HE trip for Miami in a few years...would make it easier for me to get to some rival arenas. it'll be a little/lot tougher to get out to CO and ND from Washington,DC.

Comment

Originally posted by MUnRPI View Post
                haha. At the Joe last year the Western fans were beyond crazy. I've never been to Yost but that is definitely on my list of venues to visit.
                I thought they were entertaining until they wouldn't shut up during the Mason Cup presntation/awards. I know it's all part of the game, but just not a fan of that, not something I would have done if Miami had lost.

Ahhhhh. First gameday away from Oxford, counting down the minutes until I can sprint out of work and hit to road.

Comment

Friday: 3-3 (both teams a little tight in opening night)
                  Saturday: 4-1 Miami (crack down on D and little looser on attack; this could get rough towards the end)

Freshmen:
                  weekend (2-4 points combined) - 2 goals

I think that if you get any freshman from 15-20 points in the rookie frame, it's a very successful season. We could get 2 of those (especially considering how we liketo get our Dmen involved). Maybe we see the start of the new Andy Green?

Comment

Sort of close game tonight while the freshmen get their feet under them, then take care of business tomorrow. Our D and Cody/Connor should be stingy this weekend. Read is gone, and I believe there are pretty much all question marks on the offensive side for the Beavers.

I'm going to say Coleman nets the first goal for the freshmen class, and Biggs tallies a couple assists on the weekend.

I have a feeling Tomassioni is going to have a big weekend, but I reneged on him and took tHirsch in roulette on mht, hope I don't regret that one.

Comment

It's only 22 hours from DC to Grand Forks.

Rinks on the east coast have a different atmosphere. RPI games were like stepping into a time machine lol

Comment

It's only 22 hours from DC to Grand Forks.

Rinks on the east coast have a different atmosphere. RPI games were like stepping into a time machine lol
                        BGSU Ice Arena hasn't been painted since 1975, does that count as going back in time? Possibly some potential for lead poisoning

God, I love that arena. Would love to see that place rocking sometime if Berg gets it turned around.

Comment

Originally posted by MiamiRedhawks2008 View Post
                          Friday: 3-3 (both teams a little tight in opening night)
                          Saturday: 4-1 Miami (crack down on D and little looser on attack; this could get rough towards the end)

Freshmen:
                          weekend (2-4 points combined) - 2 goals

I think that if you get any freshman from 15-20 points in the rookie frame, it's a very successful season. We could get 2 of those (especially considering how we liketo get our Dmen involved). Maybe we see the start of the new Andy Green?
                          I'm going to say 2-1 then 3-0 Hawks in two very physical physical games. Biggs gets in a fight and Hirschfeld has 5 pts this weekend.
                          Last edited by MUnRPI; 10-07-2011, 09:41 AM.

Comment

I'm going to say 2-1 then 3-0 Hawks in two very physical physical games. Biggs gets in a fight and Hirschfeld has 5 pts this weekend.
                            Psh, who needs Biggs to do your fighting when you have Blake "Brake His **** Leg" Coleman

Comment

• Originally posted by MUhawks628 View Post
                              Psh, who needs Biggs to do your fighting when you have Blake "Brake His **** Leg" Coleman
                              Perfect sign. Hint hint.

God I still cringe thinking about that video.

Comment

Biggs gets in a fight
                                Statistical certainties don't count as predictions

Comment

Working...
                                X