Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Official 2011-2012 Miami Season Thread: Short People Leave Big Shoes to Fill

Originally posted by mcfarljd View Post
    Good call. Brunos really raking in the dough with 2 locations now too
    Hell, Bagel and Deli franchises now, they need to get on that.

Comment

Re: Official 2011-2012 Miami Season Thread: Short People Leave Big Shoes to Fill

Penalty songs that will be used at the game this weekend, no clue if these will be piped in or played by the band:

-Smooth Criminal
      -Imperial March
      -Dirty Deeds
      -Come Out and Play
      -Another One Bites the Dust

Any particular reasons why we feel the need to make the Goggin as busch league as the rest of our sporting venues?

RHBM - Write an original song, GO!
      Last edited by MUhawks628; 09-29-2011, 06:33 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by MUhawks628 View Post
        Penalty songs that will be used at the game this weekend, no clue if these will be piped in or played by the band:

-Smooth Criminal
        -Imperial March
        -Dirty Deeds
        -Come Out and Play

Any particular reasons why we feel the need to make the Goggin as busch league as the rest of our sporting venues?

Haha even if I could, it would end up sounding suspiciously like a certain song that is no longer permitted...

However, I did post on that Swoop poll that they need to compose an original Miami penalty song. Highly doubt that will happen, but one can hope.
        Love and honor to Miami forever and a day. Go RedHawks!

Comment

Originally posted by RedhawkBandMan View Post
          Haha even if I could, it would end up sounding suspiciously like a certain song that is no longer permitted...

However, I did post on that Swoop poll that they need to compose an original Miami penalty song. Highly doubt that will happen, but one can hope.
          Haha, as did I.

It will be entertaining if they go with the Imperial March and have to scrap it when they realize how well it lends itself to the dreaded "chop".

Comment

-Smooth Criminal
            -Imperial March
            -Dirty Deeds
            -Come Out and Play

Sadface.

Dont go away mad. No more mr nice guy. Man in the box.

Those three would be good options.

Comment

I'll ask Steven Reineke (he arranged a Gershwin program while I was in high school for our band) to get on it. He's not too busy these days. Err...

http://www.newyorkpops.org/steven-reineke
              http://blogofbrotherhood.com

Comment

There was a rather obvious omission from our thread tags, went ahead and fixed that.

Comment

Originally posted by redhawk95 View Post
                  I'll ask Steven Reineke (he arranged a Gershwin program while I was in high school for our band) to get on it. He's not too busy these days. Err...

http://www.newyorkpops.org/steven-reineke
                  Definitely not a busy man, but I bet he could scratch out an epic penalty song in 5 minutes flat

Originally posted by fellowes View Post
                  There was a rather obvious omission from our thread tags, went ahead and fixed that.
                  Not sure how that slipped my mind! Thank you for the correction.

Comment

2 more days!

Love and honor to Miami....

Comment

Reilly Smith comes in at #7 on USCHO's list of Top 10 Forwards

Comment

Reilly Smith comes in at #7 on USCHO's list of Top 10 Forwards
                        Now I know how everyone else must have felt hearing about Camper/Miele last season. I'm already done with the Tynan/Lee lovefest and the season hasn't even begun.

#7 Seems very fair considering the company on that list
                        Last edited by MUhawks628; 09-30-2011, 09:04 AM.

Comment

It is possible to purchase a legal copy of the "S" Song performed by the marching band at football games several years ago.

I have a legal copy loaded in my smartphone as a ringtone, and I know quite a few others do also.

How about we get about 1,000 people to receive phone calls at every penalty on a visiting player.

Comment

Originally posted by Thor View Post
                            It is possible to purchase a legal copy of the "S" Song performed by the marching band at football games several years ago.

I have a legal copy loaded in my smartphone as a ringtone, and I know quite a few others do also.

How about we get about 1,000 people to receive phone calls at every penalty on a visiting player.
                            Agreed

Where can you purchase the copy of it? I think that needs to be my ringtone as well.

Comment

Agreed

Where can you purchase the copy of it? I think that needs to be my ringtone as well.
                              I doubt you'll find a copy of the SS online anywhere. However, I have a 1950's recording of the original (Glee Club + Marching Band) as well as the Miami March Song, Alma Mater, and A Hymn of Miami University, all from that 1950's record "Songs of Miami University." Of course I also have a modern recording of the band playing Fight Song+Scalp Song+William Tell Cheer.

1950's recordings
                              Scalp Song
                              Miami March Song
                              Old Miami
                              A Hymn of Miami University

Fight+Scalp+William Tell Pregame Intro

Enjoy!

P.S. You can just click the links to listen in your web browser or right-click and "Save Link as..." to save the audio file to your computer.

Comment

I doubt you'll find a copy of the SS online anywhere. However, I have a 1950's recording of the original (Glee Club + Marching Band) as well as the Miami March Song, Alma Mater, and A Hymn of Miami University, all from that 1950's record "Songs of Miami University." Of course I also have a modern recording of the band playing Fight Song+Scalp Song+William Tell Cheer.

1950's recordings
                                Scalp Song
                                Miami March Song
                                Old Miami
                                A Hymn of Miami University

Fight+Scalp+William Tell Pregame Intro

Enjoy!

P.S. You can just click the links to listen in your web browser or right-click and "Save Link as..." to save the audio file to your computer.
                                You have just won the internets. Congratulations!

Comment

Working...
                                X