Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Official 2011-2012 Miami Season Thread: Short People Leave Big Shoes to Fill

Originally posted by MUhawks628 View Post
    Shame if it's true, but also impressive blogging if it is!
    Yeah, hope the source holds up! If not, well, I made it clear it is currently "unconfirmed." :P See if I can scoop the big boys...
    http://blogofbrotherhood.com

Comment

Re: Official 2011-2012 Miami Season Thread: Short People Leave Big Shoes to Fill

Originally posted by redeagle View Post
      Miami did not play Colgate when the new building opened, but they were here. Vermont beat Colgate and Miami beat Denver, Denver beat Colgate with a late goal, and Vermont beat Miami.

I believe Miami and Colgate have played twice and are 1-1. Miami won 14-2 in the '96/'97 season (Boyle, Robitaille, et al.) and lost 7-2 in '98/'99. The interesting sidelight story is that in '96/'97 Miami went to upstate New York over Thanksgiving and played Colgate and Cornell and won both (14-2, 5-4), but then lost to Cornell in the NCAA the same year when Miami was a three seed and Cornell a six seed in the regional (in the old 12 team, two regional format). MU dominated the Cornell NCAA game, especailly Boyle and Robitaille, but were outgoaltended. Cornell's goalie was from Australia. It ranks as one of the more frsutrating Miami games I have seen (Miami had not won an NCAA game at that point), with the possible exception of the game before it when MU lost to Michigan State in the CCHA semi-finals by blowing a third period lead and losing in OT at the Joe.
      Don't remind me. I was in Grand Rapids for the bad Cornell loss and at the Joe. It was 3-0 Miami heading into the third as Trevor Prior was pitching the shut out. Those were two BAD games and by far Mazzolini's best team.

Comment

Yikes, 4 days!!

So, how many hits has that article gotten since last night 95?
        Last edited by MUhawks628; 09-28-2011, 08:24 AM.

Comment

It's always about money, sigh. Don't know when '95 went to "press", but this was on the Notre Dame thread yesterday afternoon. If it is true, I think this is unfortunate for the NCHC and very disappointing.

"Notre Dame down to Hockey East, NCHC

At today's Notre Dame media day, head coach Jeff Jackson said the University is deciding between joining Hockey East or the newly formed National Collegiate Hockey Conference, stating that going independent is not an option for the Irish.

"We didn't want to be responsible for conferences breaking up," Jackson told reporters, "we were trying to get everybody to slow down."

Last month, I reported that sources close to Hockey East considered the Irish to be headed to the NCHC. That changed in recent weeks for undetermined reasons, but something heightened Notre Dame's interest in Hockey East, according to three sources familiar with the situation.

Sources have speculated that television rights are playing a significant role in Notre Dame's decision.

If Notre Dame joins Hockey East, the league will likely be open to adding a 12th team, sources have said."

The other pieces of information are that Hockey East has signed a TV deal with CBSCS and is on the verge of another TV deal. Also there would be 22 league games only with a 12 team conference freeing up 12 non-conference dates. RPI a two time national champion is the likely 12th team if UND accepts."

Comment

Couple pictures up on Miami's twitter of new additions to the Goggin this year. Murals on either side of the scoreboard - 1 for Miele's hobey, the other for CCHA players of the year Reichard/Savage/Edwardson/Miele.

Can't decide if I like them or not.
            Last edited by MUhawks628; 09-28-2011, 11:02 AM.

Comment

Props to Chris W. for being tabbed in the Top 10 for defensemen. Way to go!

In other cool, but pointless news:
              Baseball is almost over. Thank goodness! I love baseball, but the Reds crushed me this year!
              Long live the "Brotherhood"!!!!!

Giving up a home run in Great American Ballpark is kind of like walking into a chocolate factory and yelling "I WANNA BE FAT!!!"

It's going to happen. Just give it time.....and a little effort.

Comment

I know that feeling '08. Luckily for me, my team has something to play for on the final day of the season. 100 losses! Go Twins!

That Miele mural looks nice and all, but I think the Redskins logo looked a lot better on the south side of Steve Cady Arena.

Comment

Yikes, 4 days!!

So, how many hits has that article gotten since last night 95?
                  Biggest traffic boost we've ever seen. Over 600 hits...LOL. It either becomes a big credibility boost, or sadly, the other way, but at least folks know we exist!

Comment

Originally posted by redhawk95 View Post
                    Biggest traffic boost we've ever seen. Over 600 hits...LOL. It either becomes a big credibility boost, or sadly, the other way, but at least folks know we exist!
                    No such thing as bad publicity if you are a blogger.

Comment

Originally posted by redeagle View Post
                      No such thing as bad publicity if you are a blogger.
                      Just moving on up in the world.

Comment

In case anyone hasn't caught it yet...

USCHO names Chris Wideman to the #6 spot on its list of the Top 10 Defensemen for 11-12
                        Love and honor to Miami forever and a day. Go RedHawks!

Comment

So the NCHC isn't keen on Notre Dame having their own television deal...does that mean we will be forced to incorporate our ONN deal into the NCHC media umbrella? Think of all the lost revenue!!!

I don't actually know what our deal with ONN entails, but since those games were not listed in the 2010-2011 CCHA Media Guide, I'm assuming it's an independent venture. Do we even make any money off those broadcasts?

Comment

So the NCHC isn't keen on Notre Dame having their own television deal...does that mean we will be forced to incorporate our ONN deal into the NCHC media umbrella? Think of all the lost revenue!!!

I don't actually know what our deal with ONN entails, but since those games were not listed in the 2010-2011 CCHA Media Guide, I'm assuming it's an independent venture. Do we even make any money off those broadcasts?
                            ONN has money????

Comment

Originally posted by mcfarljd View Post
                              ONN has money????
                              McKill Em' and Hide Em' = mad advertising $$$
                              Last edited by MUhawks628; 09-28-2011, 10:31 PM.

Comment

McKill Em' and Hide Em' = mad advertising $$$
                                Good call. Brunos really raking in the dough with 2 locations now too

Comment

Working...
                                X