Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Official 2011-2012 Miami Season Thread: Short People Leave Big Shoes to Fill

We got ref-balled pretty hard tonight...

That being said, we didn't play that well anyway.

Comment

• Re: Official 2011-2012 Miami Season Thread: Short People Leave Big Shoes to Fill

Originally posted by MIamiGirl View Post
      Well, there were about three penalties on big Wideman at the same time and all they saw was him hit the kid to get him off of him? Buuulllllll.
      Hey, it cuts both ways. Good goal disallowed because it deflected off the ref before deflecting off another player and/or the goaltender into the net? Absolutely no basis for disallowing a goal. No call on an obvious trip that led to the shorty? A 5 min major tonight against OSU on a hit that was no different than 6 other hits by both teams in the game? I daresay that both teams have legit beefs with the officiating, but the bottom line is that they have to find a way to win by controlling what they can control on the ice (which is definitely not the officiating). Miami did that last night by dominating control of the game with intensity, skill and perseverence, which took OSU off their game big time. OSU did the same to Miami tonight. End of story. Miami is definitely much better than their record. Much better. I have no doubt they will be knocking teams off regularly after the break and making major noise in the playoffs.
      Engelwood jack, that's the way.

Comment

Originally posted by fellowes View Post
        we got ref-balled pretty hard tonight...

That being said, we didn't play that well anyway.
        no rabble rabble rabble ***** ***** *****

Comment

At the end of the day, we had a terrible turnover leading to goal (again) and there's the difference. Hope everyone enjoyed their Miami tripleheader weekend, I head All-Access was on it's A game for it

Comment

Originally posted by MUhawks628 View Post
            At the end of the day, we had a terrible turnover leading to goal (again) and there's the difference. Hope everyone enjoyed their Miami tripleheader weekend, I head All-Access was on it's A game for it
            It's getting to the point that it's more exciting and enjoyable to follow the Twitter coverage of the game than to try to suffer through All-Access feeds. Combine that with the price hike this year and I'm not sure how anyone can justifying renewing their accounts.
            Love and honor to Miami forever and a day. Go RedHawks!

Comment

Originally posted by MUhawks628 View Post
              And we'll end this vent session with a quote from the game tonight... "When the sorority girls know you missed the call, you know you fu**ed up."
              Last edited by MIamiGirl; 12-10-2011, 09:27 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Arpod View Post
                Hey, it cuts both ways. Good goal disallowed because it deflected off the ref before deflecting off another player and/or the goaltender into the net? Absolutely no basis for disallowing a goal. No call on an obvious trip that led to the shorty? A 5 min major tonight against OSU on a hit that was no different than 6 other hits by both teams in the game? I daresay that both teams have legit beefs with the officiating, but the bottom line is that they have to find a way to win by controlling what they can control on the ice (which is definitely not the officiating). Miami did that last night by dominating control of the game with intensity, skill and perseverence, which took OSU off their game big time. OSU did the same to Miami tonight. End of story. Miami is definitely much better than their record. Much better. I have no doubt they will be knocking teams off regularly after the break and making major noise in the playoffs.
                We talked to the whole officiating crew before the game. The puck hit the lineman's face mask, then hit our goalie in the back, then went into the goal. That is not allowed. Not many people saw what happened so that is why there was confusion. As for tonight, it's always the player that retaliates that gets caught. That's hockey.

Comment

• Originally posted by MUhawks628
                  Request seconded.
                  So I'm at 45, this ******** referee is walking around giving his number to every girl he can find, one of which is my girlfriend who proceeds to give me the number, not that exciting I suppose, but funny none the less.

Edit: I've been drinking, currently posting from my phone at the bar. Please spam the **** out of this guy.

Comment

so i'm at 45, this ******** referee is walking around giving his number to every girl he can find, one of which is my girlfriend who proceeds to give me the number, not that exciting i suppose, but funny none the less.

Edit: I've been drinking, currently posting from my phone at the bar. Please spam the **** out of this guy.
                    :d

Comment

So I'm at 45, this ******** referee is walking around giving his number to every girl he can find, one of which is my girlfriend who proceeds to give me the number, not that exciting I suppose, but funny none the less.

Sweet! Kudos to you Fellowes! He deserves to be cranked by fans from both teams!

Comment

Lol.. made my night. OSU fans feel free to participate.

Comment

Originally posted by MUnRPI View Post
                          He's going to have a very confusing morning. Gotta love it when the refs party with the students...and when Julie HockeyBuzz is all over your team's hockey players at the bar....just saying.

Comment

Originally posted by MUnRPI View Post
                            His phone's probably so busy ringing now you'd have better luck being the 9th caller to win with your favorite radio station. LOL!

Comment

Originally posted by Hockeybuckeye View Post
                              His phone's probably so busy ringing now you'd have better luck being the 9th caller to win with your favorite radio station. LOL!
                              spam spam spam spam spam spam

Comment

Hey fellowes,

I think we all would get along great. we gotta hang out sometime

Comment

Working...
                                X