Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Official 2011-2012 Miami Season Thread: Short People Leave Big Shoes to Fill

Originally posted by MiamiRedhawks2008 View Post
    on a completely unrelated topic, i thought this was great news:

http://www.collegehockeynews.com/new...o_continue.php
    That is indeed good news.

Comment

• Re: Official 2011-2012 Miami Season Thread: Short People Leave Big Shoes to Fill

Originally posted by Hockeybuckeye View Post
      Too bad seats are so hard to come by at Goggin that we can't return the favor.
      All seven of you?

Comment

Originally posted by fellowes View Post
        All seven of you?
        Last time I was walking through Columbus in my jersey, a group of students stopped me to ask who Miami was playing. They were intriuged to find out that tOSU had a hockey team

Comment

Originally posted by fellowes View Post
          All seven of you?
          Ouch! OK, that was a good one, you score points for it. lol!

Comment

I'm hoping you're an Ag major.
            Sorry to disappoint, I majored in medicine.

Comment

Sorry to disappoint, I majored in medicine.
              well regardless if it's animals or people, remember that working with a needle is a lot like a bayonet....stick them with the pointy end!
              Long live the "Brotherhood"!!!!!

Giving up a home run in Great American Ballpark is kind of like walking into a chocolate factory and yelling "I WANNA BE FAT!!!"

It's going to happen. Just give it time.....and a little effort.

Comment

well regardless if it's animals or people, remember that working with a needle is a lot like a bayonet....stick them with the pointy end!
                Just so you know, one of my sons is a Miami alumnus. Sadly because of it we still have to make him sit at the children's table on family gatherings.
                Last edited by Hockeybuckeye; 12-07-2011, 10:03 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by MUhawks628 View Post
                  Did you graduate in 08? If so, yeah, it has wained. Season ticket holders can't be bothered to show up for "lesser" games and their seats stay empty, students have perpetuated the myth that you HAVE to sit in line for 8 hours to see ANY game, and go four years without ever setting foot in Goggin to see for themselves, which is why I say more student seats may work if you could eliminate that misconception.
                  If I may make a suggestion, perhaps it could be set up so any season ticket holders who won't be attending a given game can inform the ticket office and "donate" their tickets back to the University for resale thereby giving other fans the chance to attend and bring in a little extra revenue selling the seats a second time?

Comment

i remember sitting on those stairs many a time with some goofball's id who was a miami student and didn't appreciate hockey.. it will be nice going to a game where OSU won't get laughed off the ice. it's been a little while.
                    and now that my redhawk gf is an ex and my current gf plays hockey at OSU, i can "hate" your team even more.

Comment

• Originally posted by howfirmthyfriendship View Post
                      i remember sitting on those stairs many a time with some goofball's id who was a miami student and didn't appreciate hockey.. it will be nice going to a game where OSU won't get laughed off the ice. it's been a little while.
                      and now that my redhawk gf is an ex and my current gf plays hockey at OSU, i can "hate" your team even more.
                      Last year the "underdog" wasnt laughed off the ice, a pretty frustrating series to say the least, its our turn to return the favor

Comment

• Originally posted by MiamiRedhawks2008 View Post
                        I can't agree with that. I think that they could easily fill another 1500 people in there on a nightly basis. If that's not the case, then the interest must be waning.
                        I believe it was intended to be around 5000 capacity with standing room but some piping underground they weren't aware of originally had to have it reduced. But id take 90% full against bg at home than 20% full for the biggest games at value city

Comment

Originally posted by mcfarljd View Post
                          I believe it was intended to be around 5000 capacity with standing room but some piping underground they weren't aware of originally had to have it reduced. But id take 90% full against bg at home than 20% full for the biggest games at value city
                          Although it's not recent history, there has been times that our arena has sold out for Ohio State hockey and we do hold the NCAA attendance record for a regular season home game. Having over 17,000 there for a college hockey game was an impressive sight to say the least. Perhaps OSU should send out mailers to all those who bought tickets to those games and let them know the team is back. lol!

Comment

Originally posted by mcfarljd View Post
                            I was not aware of that. I just remember going through on a pre-open tour ... and even when they were pouring the concrete slab under the rink... and thinking "this is way too small."
                            Long live the "Brotherhood"!!!!!

Giving up a home run in Great American Ballpark is kind of like walking into a chocolate factory and yelling "I WANNA BE FAT!!!"

It's going to happen. Just give it time.....and a little effort.

Comment

Although it's not recent history, there has been times that our arena has sold out for Ohio State hockey and we do hold the NCAA attendance record for a regular season home game. Having over 17,000 there for a college hockey game was an impressive sight to say the least. Perhaps OSU should send out mailers to all those who bought tickets to those games and let them know the team is back. lol!
                              You also have the entire Columbus community and 60,000 students to come to your games. I'm from Dublin and know for a fact that people who have no interest in Ohio State, but live around Columbus will go to the sporting events for fun. When you have the entire Columbus community supporting your sports as opposed to tiny little Oxford with 14,000 students OSU should be able to fill up any and all of there arenas.
                              Last edited by MIamiGirl; 12-08-2011, 07:37 AM.

Comment

At the end of the day, there are still 600+ requests in the que for seasons tickets. Conservatively, that's 1,200-1,500 seats that would be sold instantly if expansion were possible.

Oh well

Comment

Working...
                                X