X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• fellowes
    replied
    Re: Official 2011-2012 Miami Season Thread: Short People Leave Big Shoes to Fill

Got a warning from the mods today about that referee business.

Totally worth it.

Leave a comment:

• MUhawks628
    replied
    Re: Official 2011-2012 Miami Season Thread: Short People Leave Big Shoes to Fill

Originally posted by MUnRPI View Post
    Oh just wait until the 22nd. Miami will beat up on your bball team without Sullinger
    Muvunga over Sullinger any day of the week. No doubt.

Leave a comment:

• Hockeybuckeye
    replied

If Northwestern is hurting for an arena they can set up boards & bleachers on Lake Michigan. lol!

Leave a comment:

• MiamiRedhawks2008
    replied

Originally posted by Hockeybuckeye View Post
    I also believe there would be size requirements for a school to fit in the Big Ten. Although I believe Miami's hockey team would indeed be a good fit in the conference and I say this with no disrespect but their other sports would probably be at a severe disadvantage.
    You're on target as a general rule, but keep in mind that Miami is actually larger than Northwestern.

Leave a comment:

• OSUmab
    replied

Good info thanks all. I totally missed the formation of a new conference last summer.

Leave a comment:

• Hockeybuckeye
    replied

Originally posted by munrpi View Post
    oh just wait until the 22nd. Miami will beat up on your bball team without sullinger
    lol!

Leave a comment:

• MUnRPI
    replied

I also believe there would be size requirements for a school to fit in the Big Ten. Although I believe Miami's hockey team would indeed be a good fit in the conference and I say this with no disrespect but their other sports would probably be at a severe disadvantage.
    Oh just wait until the 22nd. Miami will beat up on your bball team without Sullinger

Leave a comment:

• Hockeybuckeye
    replied

Leave a comment:

• MUhawks628
    replied

I do not believe the Big Ten accepts one sport teams, it's all or nothing. If I'm mistaken on this someone please feel free to correct me.
    You would be correct.

Leave a comment:

• Hockeybuckeye
    replied

Originally posted by OSUmab View Post
    Pardon my ignorance, but any idea what Miami's plans are once Big 10 hockey starts? Will the CCHA stick around? I assume they would look to add teams, but wouldn't the WCHA have to do the same thing losing Minn and Wisc? Maybe look East? How about join the the Big 10 in just hockey?
    I do not believe the Big Ten accepts one sport teams, it's all or nothing. If I'm mistaken on this someone please feel free to correct me.

Leave a comment:

• RedhawkBandMan
    replied

Originally posted by OSUmab View Post
    Pardon my ignorance, but any idea what Miami's plans are once Big 10 hockey starts? Will the CCHA stick around? I assume they would look to add teams, but wouldn't the WCHA have to do the same thing losing Minn and Wisc? Maybe look East? How about join the the Big 10 in just hockey?
    http://www.uscho.com/realignment/

Leave a comment:

• aygwm2
    replied

Originally posted by osumab View Post
    pardon my ignorance, but any idea what miami's plans are once big 10 hockey starts? Will the ccha stick around? I assume they would look to add teams, but wouldn't the wcha have to do the same thing losing minn and wisc? Maybe look east? How about join the the big 10 in just hockey?
    miami = nchc 2013-14

Leave a comment:

• OSUmab
    replied

Leave a comment:

• RedhawkBandMan
    replied

Originally posted by MUhawks628 View Post
    And the long wait beigns...come back from Christmas with 2 big series up in the Sault and East Lansing, then finish with 9/12 at Goggin.

I know this has been thrown around, but 0-5-0 when tied with 4 minutes left in regulation this season. Ouch.

19th in the PWR after this weekend, not out of it by any means.

Let this be the year of no swoon.
    No mid-year swoon. Don't forget the one-month swoon called October

Leave a comment:

• MUhawks628
    replied

And the long wait beigns...come back from Christmas with 2 big series up in the Sault and East Lansing, then finish with 9/12 at Goggin.

I know this has been thrown around, but 0-5-0 when tied with 4 minutes left in regulation this season. Ouch.

19th in the PWR after this weekend, not out of it by any means.

Let this be the year of no swoon.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X