Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Official 2011-2012 Miami Season Thread: Short People Leave Big Shoes to Fill

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Official 2011-2012 Miami Season Thread: Short People Leave Big Shoes to Fill

    Less than a week until the puck drops on a new season of Miami Ice Hockey and expectations are high. For the first time, Miami takes the ice as the defending conference champions of the CCHA. College Hockey News has placed the RedHawks at the top of their Preseason Top 10. USCHO has released their list of the Top 10 Goaltenders for the season with Reichard and Knapp claiming the 4th and 7th spots, respectively. We'll see where the RedHawks land in the other polls and season previews, but it is sure to be near the top. While we lost some great leaders and a lot of firepower at the end of the 2010-11 campaign, we have a stellar class coming in and our veterans should be solid on defense and in goal until the new kids find their groove.

    And while we are all thankful that the dawn of the new season is upon us, it has also been a very eventful off-season with the reshaping of the college hockey landscape. As we enter our penultimate season in the Central Collegiate Hockey Association, we can also look to our future as a member of the National College Hockey Conference.

    Let's get this started...

    GO REDHAWKS!!!
    Love and honor to Miami forever and a day. Go RedHawks!

  • #2
    Re: Official 2011-2012 Miami Season Thread: Short People Leave Big Shoes to Fill

    Plenty of numbers to learn, nicknames to craft, and hardware to win. Here's to another exciting season for the Brotherhood!!

    Love & Honor

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: Official 2011-2012 Miami Season Thread: Short People Leave Big Shoes to Fill

      Oh, and I almost forgot, 25 goals for tHirsch to score.

      Kidding aside, I do wonder how much of a fluke his start to last season was versus his shoulder derailing him from the pace he initially set.

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: Official 2011-2012 Miami Season Thread: Short People Leave Big Shoes to Fill

        Originally posted by MUhawks628 View Post
        numbers to learn
        This always annoys me for the first few games of the season...

        Edit: I suppose it helps that the new team "Lurch" is 22 again
        Last edited by fellowes; 09-26-2011, 11:31 AM.

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: Official 2011-2012 Miami Season Thread: Short People Leave Big Shoes to Fill

          Originally posted by fellowes View Post
          This always annoys me for the first few games of the season...
          I was being a total nerd on Saturday watching the scrimmage with the roster pulled up on my phone

          Kept getting Mullin (#20) and Coleman (#25) confused, but names on the jerseys will help.

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: Official 2011-2012 Miami Season Thread: Short People Leave Big Shoes to Fill

            Looking to see how Reilly deals with not having the nation's best (and Miami's best ever) setup man at his side. I also love the schedule this year. BSU to start is a great opening season - nice a tough. Then a Colgate team that I don't know if we've ever played (at least not in my memory) - not sure what to expect from them. Then comes a nice tough start to the CCHA season with Ferris and a couple nice warmups before Michigan comes to town. Pretty sweet first half right there.

            I'm always overly optimistic, so get out your salt shakers:

            Is a 6-2 start within the realm of possibility?
            Long live the "Brotherhood"!!!!!

            Giving up a home run in Great American Ballpark is kind of like walking into a chocolate factory and yelling "I WANNA BE FAT!!!"

            It's going to happen. Just give it time.....and a little effort.

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: Official 2011-2012 Miami Season Thread: Short People Leave Big Shoes to Fill

              Originally posted by MiamiRedhawks2008 View Post
              I'm always overly optimistic, so get out your salt shakers:

              Is a 6-2 start within the realm of possibility?
              If these freshmen are for real, why not

              Looking at the schedule I would say that a lot depends on the 2 games in Big Rapids. I don't really know what Ferris' outlook is this season (No more Nagle - yay!), but just going off how we've played against the trap in the past, IF we are having trouble putting the puck in the back of the net, those could be two tough 2-1 type games that don't go our way.

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: Official 2011-2012 Miami Season Thread: Short People Leave Big Shoes to Fill

                In on page 1. Ready for all the fun that awaits. 6-2 start would be great and definitely within reach, but I agree with the Ferris sentiments. They always play us very well. Not sure how I'm going to handle my first season living on the west coast. It probably means I'll be a bit more active around here. Fair warning.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by MUhawks628 View Post
                  Oh, and I almost forgot, 25 goals for tHirsch to score.

                  Kidding aside, I do wonder how much of a fluke his start to last season was versus his shoulder derailing him from the pace he initially set.
                  He got his 25 points last year. Im going with BIGGS, Mullin, Coleman 50 combined goals this year

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: Official 2011-2012 Miami Season Thread: Short People Leave Big Shoes to Fill

                    I'm taking Captain Will Weber with 7 goals, that might be less likely than your prediction

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: Official 2011-2012 Miami Season Thread: Short People Leave Big Shoes to Fill

                      The RedHawks claim the top spot in USA Today's Preseason Poll and come in at #2 in the USCHO Poll behind Notre Dame (though Miami secured 1 more first place vote than the Irish).
                      Love and honor to Miami forever and a day. Go RedHawks!

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: Official 2011-2012 Miami Season Thread: Short People Leave Big Shoes to Fill

                        Originally posted by MUhawks628 View Post
                        (No more Nagle - yay!)
                        This. Seriously.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: Official 2011-2012 Miami Season Thread: Short People Leave Big Shoes to Fill

                          Originally posted by MUhawks628 View Post
                          If these freshmen are for real, why not

                          Looking at the schedule I would say that a lot depends on the 2 games in Big Rapids. I don't really know what Ferris' outlook is this season (No more Nagle - yay!), but just going off how we've played against the trap in the past, IF we are having trouble putting the puck in the back of the net, those could be two tough 2-1 type games that don't go our way.
                          They lost Zach Redmond who was their strongest player (aside from nagle)

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Re: Official 2011-2012 Miami Season Thread: Short People Leave Big Shoes to Fill

                            Originally posted by MiamiRedhawks2008 View Post
                            Looking to see how Reilly deals with not having the nation's best (and Miami's best ever) setup man at his side. I also love the schedule this year. BSU to start is a great opening season - nice a tough. Then a Colgate team that I don't know if we've ever played (at least not in my memory) - not sure what to expect from them. Then comes a nice tough start to the CCHA season with Ferris and a couple nice warmups before Michigan comes to town. Pretty sweet first half right there.

                            I'm always overly optimistic, so get out your salt shakers:

                            Is a 6-2 start within the realm of possibility?
                            Played them a couple years back at the new Goggin, probably Carter Camper's freshman year (?). His older brother Ben played for Colgate and I talked their parents during the course of the game.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Re: Official 2011-2012 Miami Season Thread: Short People Leave Big Shoes to Fill

                              Originally posted by fangers View Post
                              Played them a couple years back at the new Goggin, probably Carter Camper's freshman year (?). His older brother Ben played for Colgate and I talked their parents during the course of the game.
                              They were at the Ice Breaker opening the New Goggin, but I don't think they actually played Miami.

                              That was before my time though, so I could be wrong.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X