X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI 2011-12 Season: Posts on a Message Board

Originally posted by fishcore12 View Post
    Im usually pretty good at ignoring those types of posts and can handle skipping over the pointless posts but today was a bit of overkill. I sometimes miss actual news or articles on the team that I would want to read.
    Understand that if we end up in Hockey East, those days will sadly be gone and it won't really even be our fault. Hockey East threads tend to get overrun (with great frequency) with fans of opposing team jutting in with uneducated opinions (always negative) and meaningless trash talk. You could, for instance, post a nice, insightful analysis of Zach Schroeder's offensive techniques, and some other fan would butt in with the intellectual equivalent of "whatever, he sucks and RPI sucks," just longer.

The price of progress?
    Keep an open mind. Just don't be so open-minded that your brain falls out.

Comment

Originally posted by Red Cloud View Post
      Understand that if we end up in Hockey East, those days will sadly be gone and it won't really even be our fault. Hockey East threads tend to get overrun (with great frequency) with fans of opposing team jutting in with uneducated opinions (always negative) and meaningless trash talk. You could, for instance, post a nice, insightful analysis of Zach Schroeder's offensive techniques, and some other fan would butt in with the intellectual equivalent of "whatever, he sucks and RPI sucks," just longer.

The price of progress?
      Part of the cause problem is that many of the HE schools have large number of posters on USCHO. When school X has x posters and Y has y posters, there are x*y possibilities of conflict. In the case of the ECAC, RPI is really the only ECAC school where there are a lot of posters on USCHO. Cornell certainly has a lot of fans, but the majority spend most of there time discussing why Cornell hockey is not boring over at eLynah.
      sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

The price of progress?
        Thats the point where I will step away and just get my news elsewhere I guess.
        Loyality means sticking with a thing in good and bad times. Not willing to do that, stay home, I got this.

Comment

The price of progress?
          I, for one, am looking forward to the insightful analysis of Zach Schroeder's offensive techniques.
          sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
            Cornell certainly has a lot of fans, but the majority spend most of there time discussing why Cornell hockey is not boring over at eLynah.
            You've still got it in you, old man.
            Keep an open mind. Just don't be so open-minded that your brain falls out.

Comment

A question, which maybe should be posted on the women's board: what will happen to our women's team if the men's team joins the HE? On one hand, I would think that they would follow suit, but ND doesn't have a women's team, so they aren't going to the HE causing an imbalance, and RPI's likely ECAC replacement RIT doesn't have a D-I women's team either. So maybe the RPI women will stay in the ECAC.
              Last edited by Ralph Baer; 09-28-2011, 04:40 PM.
              sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by sk8tronthepond View Post
                Possible, but he would have to show vast improvement in his skating ablities, such as lateral movement, pivots and overall foot speed.

His hockey sense/decision making is real good.
                Remember PK was only 17 when he stepped on campus and played first game. Youngest player in ECAC last year. Look out this year.
                "Rick not want to be know as tough guy, Rick want to be known as team guy" Rick "Mongo" Bennett

Comment

Originally posted by AspyDad View Post
                  Remember PK was only 17 when he stepped on campus and played first game. Youngest player in ECAC last year. Look out this year.
                  I agree. He didn't seem to have those deficiences at the Caps' rookie camp.
                  Last edited by Ralph Baer; 09-28-2011, 04:44 PM.
                  sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

A question, which maybe should be posted on the women's board: what will happen to our women's team if the men's team joins the HE? On one hand, I would think that they would follow suit, but ND doesn't have a women's team, so they aren't going to the HE causing an imbalance, and RPI's likely ECAC replacement RIT doesn't have a D-I women's team either. So maybe the RPI women will stay in the ECAC.
                    Ralph, please take this to the women's thread. I always wanted to say that to RB
                    "Rick not want to be know as tough guy, Rick want to be known as team guy" Rick "Mongo" Bennett

Comment

I agree. He did seem to have those deficiences at the Caps' rookie camp.
                      FYP. Believe you meant to say didn't. I also always wanted to do that.

Comment

Ralph, please take this to the women's thread. I always wanted to say that to RB
                        sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

FYP. Believe you meant to say didn't. I also always wanted to do that.
                          Fixed.
                          sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

"And, most importantly, the idea (moving to HE) is supported by its current administration, including head coach Seth Appert and athletic director Jim Knowlton (despite his lip service to the contrary, as was reported Tuesday by Ken Schott of the Schnectady Gazette)."

This is from Adam Wodon of CollegeHockeyNews.

source http://www.collegehockeynews.com/new...on_not_the.php
                            Last edited by AspyDad; 09-28-2011, 04:53 PM.

Comment

It's a good thing that threads don't currently close after 1000 replies. I would have to ask for thread title suggestions next week.
                              sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

It's a good thing that threads don't currently close after 1000 replies. I would have to ask for thread title suggestions next week.
                                Those who thought our threads would slow down because we seem to just talk about thread titles, raise your hands...

*crickets*

That's what I thought.

Comment

Working...
                                X