X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: RPI 2011-12 Season: Posts on a Message Board

Originally posted by Timmah! View Post
    I've always liked this argument. No, Hockey East does not need RPI. RPI doesn't need Hockey East either. We're comfortable with our spot in the ECAC and will be just fine if this doesn't work out. This is all about opportunity. Hockey East presents us with an opportunity to join a premier league, that many (myself included) see as the best bet for RPI to have a shot at an NCAA title in the future.

As for what the "best option" is for Hockey East, thankfully that is not for me or you to decide. RPI brings history, a strong regional fan base, a decent sized arena, and a strong commitment to hockey. If HE values those things, we might join ND in HE, if not...oh well. Disagree with whatever points you wish. You are a failed person.
    Do you have any thoughts of your own? You sound like the guy in Good Will Hunting at the Harvard bar. You sound like a parrot sitting on someones shoulder who says nothing but exactly what others have said 1000 times.

failed person? that would be you. "see as the best bet for RPI to have a shot at an NCAA title in the future", but you are right, they don't need hockey east

Don't, stay ECAC and lose to dead last Brown and Colgate in first round of play offs every year and finish 5th or 6th.

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
      Union is a program that rose and now will start to fall again.
      Sorry Ralph, with Rick Bennett at the helm, that will not happen.

Comment

Originally posted by Hokydad View Post
        Do you have any thoughts of your own? You sound like the guy in Good Will Hunting at the Harvard bar. You sound like a parrot sitting on someones shoulder who says nothing but exactly what others have said 1000 times.
        I would be happy to provide some insight into the evolution of the market economy of the Southern Colonies, too.....but since you don't understand probability ("best bet" = increased probability), it is clear to me that you require an education that I cannot provide.

I am unmoved by your jab against RPI in the playoffs. I appreciate the attempt though, sort of.....
        RPI Pep Band Ex-Ex-Ex-...-Ex Conductor

RPI Hockey 1954, 1985
        UConn Basketball 1999, 2004, 2011, 2014

Comment

Originally posted by Timmah! View Post
          I would be happy to provide some insight into the evolution of the market economy of the Southern Colonies, too.....but since you don't understand probability ("best bet" = increased probability), it is clear to me that you require an education that I cannot provide.

I am unmoved by your jab against RPI in the playoffs. I appreciate the attempt though, sort of.....
          You'll have to forgive Hokeydope. He's a Providence fan that obviously holds 1985 in elevated regard.

Comment

Originally posted by turk181 View Post
            Top 10 D-men to watch by USCHO...Bailen at #7 http://www.uscho.com/2011/09/28/ten-...n-for-2011-12/
            I'm predicting an All-American season for Pat Koudys!!!!
            "Rick not want to be know as tough guy, Rick want to be known as team guy" Rick "Mongo" Bennett

Comment

Originally posted by quiddlet View Post
              Discount this post entirely if I'm wrong that you recently graduated from BC...
              OK then... discounted.

Judging by your questions... you're missing the point. I'd be happy to discuss with you in another thread if you'd like.
              Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
              The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

Originally posted by AspyDad View Post
                SA had some nice things to say about Mat Bodie also. Class act.

Comment

Originally posted by johnk View Post
                  Don't know what to believe but I am sure hopeful they make the move. There will be plenty of room for Clarkson, Union and whoever else they want on the schedule. They could actually bring back the Christmas tournament and invite some teams that would create alot of interest in the tourney again. So many good reasons to jump to Hockey East so I doubt it will happen.
                  I 100% agree with my other new best friend JK. You want to play the best competition and that is Hockey East. National Champions come out of HE. I believe we have the right staff to make the jump and would be perfect timing for this great freshman class to make leap to HE.
                  "Rick not want to be know as tough guy, Rick want to be known as team guy" Rick "Mongo" Bennett

Comment

Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
                    non-BU fans in the league are quite used to limpwristed fansies in red jerseys.
                    Boy, I will miss these pithy posts if we don't make the leap to HE ...Mav.

Comment

• Re: RPI 2011-12 Season: Posts on a Message Board

Originally posted by MikeMidd View Post
                      And there's no true natural rival for RPI in Hockey East.
                      The end of the BU game last year was remarkably 'chippy' to say the least! Perhaps you mean no natural geographic rival....
                      "Hope is a good thing; maybe the best of things."

"Beer is a sign that God loves us and wants us to be happy." -- Benjamin Franklin

"Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy." -- W. B. Yeats

"People generally are most impatient with those flaws in others about which they are most ashamed of in themselves." - folk wisdom

Comment

Originally posted by Wholin1 View Post
                        SA had some nice things to say about Mat Bodie also. Class act.
                        Whollin1, you would be the only thing I miss from the ECAC ... and Bryan Hicks.

Comment

Originally posted by MikeMidd View Post
                          And there's no true natural rival for RPI in Hockey East.
                          How about our old travel partner, UVM?

Comment

Hokey: adj. contrived; phoney
                            "Hope is a good thing; maybe the best of things."

"Beer is a sign that God loves us and wants us to be happy." -- Benjamin Franklin

"Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy." -- W. B. Yeats

"People generally are most impatient with those flaws in others about which they are most ashamed of in themselves." - folk wisdom

Comment

Originally posted by AspyDad View Post
                              Possible, but he would have to show vast improvement in his skating ablities, such as lateral movement, pivots and overall foot speed.

His hockey sense/decision making is real good.
                              Last edited by sk8tronthepond; 09-28-2011, 12:31 PM.
                              I've been lost since 1989. I got a breakaway on a frozen river and have been skating ever since.

Comment

Originally posted by quiddlet View Post
                                Discount this post entirely if I'm wrong that you recently graduated from BC...

But are you really complaining about a wave of fanboys that came mostly before you were in school?

Also... honest question... what was BC hockey attendance like in the early/mid 90s anyway, if you're talking about a wave of BU fans in the 2000s?
                                Don't worry about him, quiddlet. It's natural for people like that to lash out at things they don't understand.
                                Keep an open mind. Just don't be so open-minded that your brain falls out.

Comment

Working...
                                X