• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI Pick to Click - 2011-12

Ouch. Tough week for me!
    APBWiki

Comment

Thought i'd let you in own my secret to picking the opponents who will score:
      Cornell is used to make bourbon(Bourdon) then mix it with Collins

Now I have to figure out how to pick the RPI goal scorers.
      GO DU !!!

Comment

RPI: Haggerty
        Yahd: McNally

RPI: O'Grady
        mouth: McNally
        GO DU !!!

Comment

Friday
          RPI: Mark McGowan
          Harvard: Dan Ford

Saturday
          RPI: Marty O'Grady
          Dartmouth: Matt Lindblad

Comment

Friday:
            Rennselaer Rensselear Renzzelaer I'm good at math - Haggerty
            Your accents are really annoying - Luke Greiner

Saturday:
            Engineers - No more doubting myself... Leboeuf
            Were all of your ancestors from Ireland? (#4) - Eric Neiley
            Go Red!!

National Champions: 1954, 1985, 201x

Houston Field House, Cheel Arena, Agganis Arena, Magness Arena, Ritter Arena, Messa Rink, Matthews Arena, Von Braun Center, Lynah Rink, Starr Rink, Appleton Arena, Dwyer Arena, Buffalo State Ice Arena, Kelley Rink (also Verizon Center (DC), Herb Brooks Arena, Fenway Park (Frozen Fenway I), Times Union Center, DCU Center, Blue Cross Arena)

Comment

Friday
              Harvard: Alex Fallstrom

Saturday
              RPI: CJ Lee
              Dartmouth: Mark Goggin
              Last edited by TuteScrooge; 02-11-2012, 05:45 PM. Reason: Ryan H is injured

Comment

Friday
                RPI: Zach Schroeder
                Harvard: Marshall Everson

Saturday
                Dartmouth: Doug Jones
                RPI Engineers
                1954, 1985 NCAA Champions

New Jersey Devils
                1995, 2000, 2003 Stanley Cup Champions

Comment

A RPI fan and a Harvard fan(I know that there is no such thing as a Harvard fan but just try to imagine) are in the bathroom they both finish and the RPI fan walks towards the door to leave. As he is leaving the Harvard fan says "At Haaahhhvahd they teach us to wash our hands after going to the bathroom." To which the RPI fan responds "Well at RPI they teach us not to **** on our hands."
                  Friday:
                  RPI: Lee
                  Harvard: Blackwell
                  Saturday:
                  RPI:O'Grady
                  Dartmouth: Mark Goggin
                  Last edited by cnor79; 02-10-2012, 03:06 PM.
                  Lets go RED!!
                  And BC!

Sucks to BU Clarkson

Houston Field House, Conte Forum, Agganis Arena, Thompson Arena, Alfond Arena, Lawler Arena, Whittemore Center, Schneider Arena, Appleton Arena, Tsongas Center, Ingalls Rink, Times Union Center, TD Garden, Scottrade Center, Fenway Park, Herb Brooks Arena, Verizon Wireless Arena, DCU Center, Richard H. Rockett Ice Arena, Matthews Arena

Strike out ALS

Comment

Originally posted by cnor79 View Post
                    A RPI fan and a Harvard fan(I know that there is no such thing as a Harvard fan but just try to imagine) are in the bathroom they both finish and the RPI fan walks towards the door to leave. As he is leaving the Harvard fan says "At Haaahhhvahd they teach us to wash our hands after going to the bathroom." To which the RPI fan responds "Well at RPI they teach us not to **** on our hands."
                    a
                    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

RPI: Schroeder
                      Harvard: Fallstrom

RPI: Haggerty
                      Dartmouth: Lindblad
                      APBWiki

Comment

Sorry for the late notice. Yes, ehf, GRuss, hawthr, and TuteScrooge can all change their RPI pick for tonight.
                        Go Red!!

Houston Field House, Cheel Arena, Agganis Arena, Magness Arena, Ritter Arena, Messa Rink, Matthews Arena, Von Braun Center, Lynah Rink, Starr Rink, Appleton Arena, Dwyer Arena, Buffalo State Ice Arena, Kelley Rink (also Verizon Center (DC), Herb Brooks Arena, Fenway Park (Frozen Fenway I), Times Union Center, DCU Center, Blue Cross Arena)

Comment

I'll take O'Grady if allowed, if too late since the game has started then oh well.
                          APBWiki

Comment

Congratulations to cnor, FlagDUDE, lugnut, and TuteScrooge. They all picked up three points on the weekend (it was a remarkably low-scoring weekend, but que sera sera), which was enough for the win. This was cnor's 6th win, which leaves him just one behind GRussinko for the record. lugnut and TuteScrooge pick up their third wins (both of them have earned wins in the weekend series against Colorado College and the Tuesday match-up against Union). This is FlagDUDE's second weekly win.

There was, again, not much overall movement in place. There was some slight shuffling and some narrowing or widening of gaps. But, really, the biggest movement was that cnor moved back into his Top 3 spot. Oh, and TuteScrooge pushed himself into the Top 10, nudging himself past ehf.

Of interest to me is the fact that TuteScrooge was the only poster to pick up points from multiple players. He got a single point from O'Grady and a pair from Fallstrom, both on Friday. Also, viz's pick of B. McNally was the only pick worth points on Saturday.

The top scorers of the weekend:
                            Friday:
                            RPI - CJ's goal and assist (cnor, FlagDUDE, and lugnut) earned him the honor of being the high-scorer of the night.
                            Harvard - Max Everson's secondary assist on the first goal (nobody), Greiner's tie-breaking goal (myself), and Fallstrom's goal in the first (GRussinko and TuteScrooge) were all worth two points.
                            Saturday:
                            RPI - Malchuk's opening goal (nobody), Laliberte's game-winning powerplay goal (nobody), Bo's secondary assist (nobody) on Laliberte's goal, and Merriam's win (nobody) were all worth two PtC points.
                            Dartmouth - McNally's goal (viz) was worth two points.

Results! (and link)
                            3 + 1 points
                            cnor79
                            FlagDUDE08
                            lugnut92
                            TuteScrooge

2 points
                            burgie12
                            GRussinko
                            vizoroo

1 point
                            hawthr
                            REDaero91
                            RPIHFH

0 points
                            engineerhockeyfan
                            Ralph Baer
                            Go Red!!

Comment

Link back to the title post with details on scoring

RPI only grabs three points in two full home weekends and then goes on the road and gets three points in just two games. Sometimes, you just have to wonder...

Quinnipiac seems to also have some night-and-day issues. They are 0-3-0 in their past three Friday games, but 3-0-0 in the past three Saturdays. Luckily, we get them on a Friday.

Princeton? Well, they put up impressive numbers before breaking for finals. Since? They beat UConn (but required a three-goal comeback to do it) and tied Dartmouth (who is 0-4-2 in their past six) and then got swept by Clarkson and SLU. So, we'll see how well they're playing when they come into the HFH.

You may not choose the following players for this weekend (barring re-scores):
                              Rensselaer:
                              F - Brock Higgs
                              D - Nick Bailen

Quinnipiac:
                              F - Connor Jones
                              D - Loren Barron

Princeton:
                              F - Andrew Calof
                              D - Michael Sdao

Statistics / Rosters:
                              Rensselaer: Statistics | Roster
                              Quinnipiac: Statistics | Roster (beware of C. / K. Jones confusion)
                              Princeton: Statistics | Roster
                              Go Red!!

Comment

The strategy worked; let's see if it can work again.

Friday:
                                RPI - Jacob Laliberté
                                Polls - Scott Zurevinski

Saturday:
                                Tute - CJ Lee
                                Tony - Jack Berger

Comment

Working...
                                X