X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• REDMEN2002
    replied
    Originally posted by RSTuthill View Post
    ND to ACC without being fulltime football members means that until the ACC forces them to include football too, no other schools will be joining the ACC. Thus Rutgers and UConn will have to wait 5-10 years for the final invitation if it ever comes at all.
    Hopefully never!

Leave a comment:

• RSTuthill
    replied
    Re: Fear the ACCHC

ND to ACC without being fulltime football members means that until the ACC forces them to include football too, no other schools will be joining the ACC. Thus Rutgers and UConn will have to wait 5-10 years for the final invitation if it ever comes at all.

Leave a comment:

• TonyTheTiger20
    replied

I like when people act like the creation of "just" two brand new collegiate hockey programs is like nothing.

Leave a comment:

• joecct
    replied

Originally posted by Osorojo View Post
    Look at the big picture. How about Guelph, or McGill?
    Can't join the ACC. They come into the NCAA as a D-II school. If they want a conference, how about the NE-10? They have hockey.

Leave a comment:

• 5hole
    replied

I don't know how it has escaped everyone that the Ramblin' Wreck has a club team, thus they must be on the verge of going D1 in hockey. Yes, an ACC hockey league must be imminent.

Leave a comment:

• Osorojo
    replied

Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
    Assumptions:
    -The ACC wants to even get into hockey --> debatable, do people watching the ACC Network (which doesn't exist yet in any type of national format like the Big10 Network) care about hockey?
    -ND going to the ACC --> less than 50% chance but I'd say generally unlikely but not impossible
    - Uconn going to the ACC --> even more unlikely (Rutgers more probable?)
    - Cuse going D1 in hockey --> certainly possible, explored several times but shot down each time
    - Pitt going D1 in hockey --> meh... not likely but not impossible.
    - Another existing ACC school going D1 in hockey (VTech or UVA or UMD?) --> pretty darn unlikely
    - The ACC starting a league with BC, Notre Dame, and some other combination of 4 other teams that will all be startups (simultaneously or staggered by a few years each?) or just lowlifes like the current Uconn situation --> probably zip.
    - Boston College agreeing to this if it's not already something that's been agreed to (which is unlikely IMO) --> probably close to zip under the above scenario.

Not exactly like the situation the Big 10 has. Everything made some sense and was workable. An ACC hockey conference would be a steaming pile of monkey dung for a long time. It makes no sense from any angle.

I'm glad we had this discussion. Hopefully that is the beginning and end of the talk (especially referencing "rumors").

When it becomes more than .01% likely let's revive this thread. Deal?
    Look at the big picture. How about Guelph, or McGill?

Leave a comment:

• SCSU Euro
    replied
    Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
    I think that you got the title of the thread wrong. It's not going to be the ACCHC, but rather Hockey-ACC or the HACC.
    They have already gotten Freddy Meyer to agree to be the commish

Leave a comment:

• FlagDUDE08
    replied

Originally posted by NMU8405 View Post
    I warned everyone way back a year ago! While UConn jumped ship to Hockey East...if these club schools like Clemson and Syracuse get off the ground, we are only a few schools shy of a conference. Be wary my friends.
    Syracuse had to dump men's sports and bring on women's hockey just to become Title IX compliant. They're not going D-I with the men any time soon.

Leave a comment:

• MinnesotaNorthStar
    replied

Originally posted by Rhett View Post
    Wait, what does any of this have to do with The Longhorn Network?
    $Texas

Leave a comment:

• Ralph Baer
    replied

I think that you got the title of the thread wrong. It's not going to be the ACCHC, but rather Hockey-ACC or the HACC.

Leave a comment:

• NMU8405
    replied

I warned everyone way back a year ago! While UConn jumped ship to Hockey East...if these club schools like Clemson and Syracuse get off the ground, we are only a few schools shy of a conference. Be wary my friends.

Leave a comment:

• Rhett
    replied

Wait, what does any of this have to do with The Longhorn Network?

Leave a comment:

• Jasma
    replied

Originally posted by MacGyver_758 View Post
    *****http://theinsanityreport.com/home/wp-content/uploads/2010/02/bbnf4B.jpg******
    Well said!

Leave a comment:

• MacGyver_758
    replied

*****http://theinsanityreport.com/home/wp-content/uploads/2010/02/bbnf4B.jpg******

Leave a comment:

• MUhawks628
    replied

Originally posted by Split-N View Post
    While there is no ACCHC (at least not yet), there actually is an ACCHA....at the club level.
    ND is funding their transition to D1. Swarbrick is going to be the ACCHC commish. I heard it from a guy.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X