X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 5mn_Major
    replied
    Re: St. Cloud to NCHC

It was a big surprise that they didn't invite SCSU to begin with. Anything that helps tie up central Minnesota is a great thing for the league. In fact, it surprised me that SCSU came out so angry after its forming...figuring that some day they could well get an invite.

Originally posted by dggoddard View Post
    I'd agree that ND is likely to go to the Big Ten but I just have a hard time seeing them pull the trigger on this big decision so quickly. I still think they would like to get one last crack at an NBC contract and weigh the options.
    Not at all what's comiing from the football boards. They believe that even with all the realignment chaos...Notre Dame is well positioned to stay independent.

Leave a comment:

• SCSU Euro
    replied

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
    Then your boy should have kept his mouth shut when they were first shut out of the NaCHo(C) conference, instead of acting all indignant about not being invited in the first place.
    True. But in the end, it makes very little difference, 'cause in 5 years, nobody remembers the quote. And I can't speak for other Husky fans, but I'm assuming most agree that Potter's no more "our boy" than Seigo.

Leave a comment:

• Bronzebacks
    replied

Originally posted by SCSU Euro View Post
    Problem is then you don't know how many games you'll get. lets say BSU and MSU-M play a play-in game. Winner gets two more games. Loser gets none. You can't go back and replace those games that season, schedule someone who doesn't care which one they face. I think it almost has to be four teams playing two games with unfortunately a 3rd place game.
    That is a legitimate concern.

Leave a comment:

• The Rube
    replied

Then your boy should have kept his mouth shut when they were first shut out of the NaCHo(C) conference, instead of acting all indignant about not being invited in the first place.

Leave a comment:

• SCSU Euro
    replied

Originally posted by Bronzebacks View Post
    I think they should have the previous year's champ have a bye and do a play in game. Like the old Final 5 format. For the first year, draw for the bye.
    Problem is then you don't know how many games you'll get. lets say BSU and MSU-M play a play-in game. Winner gets two more games. Loser gets none. You can't go back and replace those games that season, schedule someone who doesn't care which one they face. I think it almost has to be four teams playing two games with unfortunately a 3rd place game.

Leave a comment:

• Montelena
    replied

Let's look at reality here. There is a lot going on at SCSU right now and there will be many exciting developments throughout the end of 2011. SCSU has a foot up on the majority of the hockey programs in the country with the planned expansion of the NHC and many other associated things. The administration understands the importance of hockey to their athletic department and has been very proactive on a number of fronts. I have not seen a press release from anyone (NCHC or SCSU). However, if true this move allows SCSU to continue to provide the very best in college hockey competition for it's fans. In addition to the NCHC schedule they will continue to have BSU and MSU on their schedule in addition to a pending agreement with U of MN.

From a business standpoint they need to increase season ticket sales, fill the suites in the remodeled building, sell advertising and sponsorships and keep two of the most attractive opponents, UMD and UND in their building on a REGULAR basis. In college sports it's all about survival for many athletic programs and for the SCSU athletic department to thrive, not just exist they need to make some bold decisions. This is one of them.

Additionally, SCSU could not simply sit back and watch a similar profile school -UMD gain an advantage athletically or from an enrollment standpoint. Keep in mind SCSU is consistently one of the top draws at both AMSOIL and Engelstadt Arena. That is a fact making it highly beneficial to both those schools to support SCSU.

From the coaches perspective, it places SCSU on a much stronger footing in recruiting. That's a fact.

When you add it all together SCSU has no other choice if there is infacvt an invite. To sit back and throw darts at the SCSU administration is extremely shallow and uninformed. If you've been paying attention at all to some of the communications from the new MNSCU chancellor I truly believe his mission is to give the MNSCU institutions more autonomy to run their schools. It's a competitive world out there and the strong need to get stronger.

SCSU needs to do what's best for THEIR athletic program.

Leave a comment:

• Bronzebacks
    replied

Originally posted by SCSU Euro View Post
    Yeah, but here's my question... 5 teams in the state of MN, so does that mean that every four years one of the teams not named University of Minnesota will have to sit out?
    I think they should have the previous year's champ have a bye and do a play in game. Like the old Final 5 format. For the first year, draw for the bye.

Leave a comment:

• The Rube
    replied

What a hypocrisy. And a joke.

Leave a comment:

• FadeToBlack&Gold
    replied

Originally posted by oldish husky View Post
    I think what is most disturbing from this Tech fan's perspective is as this unfolds, the end state more resembles MTU, MSUM, UAA and BSU getting kicked out of the WCHA. That's hard to swallow.
    Which was the primary goal all along. SCSU was just collateral damage until their administration begged and pleaded enough.

Leave a comment:

• SCSU Euro
    replied

Originally posted by scsutommyboy View Post
    I heard about this a couple of weeks ago. I assume DG knew as well because he stopped ragging on SCSU about that time. As for SCSU fans being split about this move? I would think more wanted them to move than stay, but I wouldn't be surprised if it was a 60/40 split.

I feel bad for BSU and MSUM. I am sure Motzko will be classy and schedule these guys. Hopefully the all Minnesota tourney that has been talked about at Christmas time at the X happens. It would be a great way to celebrate hockey in our great state.
    Yeah, but here's my question... 5 teams in the state of MN, so does that mean that every four years one of the teams not named University of Minnesota will have to sit out?

Leave a comment:

• Bronzebacks
    replied

SCSU can rejoice in their "like-mindedness" !

Leave a comment:

• scsutommyboy
    replied

I heard about this a couple of weeks ago. I assume DG knew as well because he stopped ragging on SCSU about that time. As for SCSU fans being split about this move? I would think more wanted them to move than stay, but I wouldn't be surprised if it was a 60/40 split.

I feel bad for BSU and MSUM. I am sure Motzko will be classy and schedule these guys. Hopefully the all Minnesota tourney that has been talked about at Christmas time at the X happens. It would be a great way to celebrate hockey in our great state.

Leave a comment:

• MSUMaverickFan
    replied

Average WCHA finish since 2000

Denver - 3
    North Dakota - 3.1
    Minnesota - 3.7
    Colorado College - 3.8
    Wisconsin - 4.5
    St. Cloud - 4.9
    Minnesota-Duluth - 6.6
    ---------------------
    Minnesota State - 6.9
    Alaska Anchorage - 8.6
    Michigan Tech - 9

It's called natural selection.

Leave a comment:

• SCSU Euro
    replied

SCSU?!? Who the hell let those no-talent ***-clowns in the best league in the land?

Can we now call this league a joke, get a mulligan, and go back to a MN and WI-less WCHA?

And for the record, the vote is pretty split amonst USCHO and dahuskies.com SCSU posters. Among people who just go to games and don't post on forums, I'll bet its pretty heavily in favor of this move.

Leave a comment:

• dggoddard
    replied

Originally posted by The Vicar View Post
    Is this nuts or what...my prediction...N.D. to the Big Ten in everything...just a hunch
    Welcome aboard SCSU fans. Its going to be a fun conference.

I'd agree that ND is likely to go to the Big Ten but I just have a hard time seeing them pull the trigger on this big decision so quickly. I still think they would like to get one last crack at an NBC contract and weigh the options.

If so, we may havr Notre Dame in a nine team league within 10 days.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X