Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: St. Cloud to NCHC

Originally posted by bbutzin View Post
    I didn't expect gay-bashing out of Minnesota. It's always struck me as a fairly progressive place.
    Yes, one person from Minnesota is representative of the entire state. But, by using that logic, I didn't realize Colorado was full of a bunch of a**holes. The people there have always struck me as nice.

Comment

Originally posted by HoosierBBall_GopherHockey View Post
      Yes, one person from Minnesota is representative of the entire state. But, by using that logic, I didn't realize Colorado was full of a bunch of a**holes. The people there have always struck me as nice.
      Well nobody called it out... maybe what I should have said is, I didn't expect that something like that would be spouted freely without any sort of push back, outside of a locker room, at least. Details details...

I was more trying to point out that it was an unacceptable comment in today's world. But hey, if you want to attack me to defend his homophobia, well, good for you.

EDIT: In the spectrum of *******-dom, I'll take my indifference to a small school's hockey program over discrimination against an entire class of people any day of the week. I can rest comfortably at night knowing God is more likely to judge me on that than my stance toward the NCHC. A more upstanding response from you would have been to address the comment he made, rather than the person who called him out on it.
      Last edited by bunt_q; 09-23-2011, 11:25 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by TheEagle View Post
        So, Viking fans think Packer fans are obsessed with the Vikings? The inferiority complex emanating from Minnesota regarding the Packers is epic.
        No. Everything regarding LFC is epic.

EDIT: Go Reds!!!!
        Slap Shot - 444 might want to consider a restraining order.
        dggoddard - Minnesota is THE ELITE Program in all of college hockey.
        wasmania - you have to be the very best to get ice time with the great gophers!

Comment

Well nobody called it out... maybe what I should have said is, I didn't expect that something like that would be spouted freely without any sort of push back, outside of a locker room, at least. Details details...

I was more trying to point out that it was an unacceptable comment in today's world. But hey, if you want to attack me to defend his homophobia, well, good for you.

EDIT: In the spectrum of *******-dom, I'll take my indifference to a small school's hockey program over discrimination against an entire class of people any day of the week. I can rest comfortably at night knowing God is more likely to judge me on that than my stance toward the NCHC. A more upstanding response from you would have been to address the comment he made, rather than the person who called him out on it.
          Comparing the status of a whole sport to one offhand anonymous comment on an internet message board.........wow.
          Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
          Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Defend his homophobia? Hardly. I don't condone it at all. I'm defending myself and my state, seeing as you lumped me in with him, and came to the conclusion that Minnesota is not a progressive state because of one guy on a college hockey message board. You're right though, I could have addressed his comment as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
              Comparing the status of a whole sport to one offhand anonymous comment on an internet message board.........wow.
              No, comparing the status of a whole sport to the response to an offhand comment.

I really didn't expect anybody would reply to that. I figured, I could call out homophobia, whoever posted it would take note, probably ignore me, and the discussion would go on. Never in a million years did I think our arguments about hockey would compel somebody to attack me for calling out homophobia. It says a lot about priorities, that's all.

Comment

Defend his homophobia? Hardly. I don't condone it at all. I'm defending myself and my state, seeing as you lumped me in with him, and came to the conclusion that Minnesota is not a progressive state because of one guy on a college hockey message board. You're right though, I could have addressed his comment as well.
                Okay, so rather than calling out an inappropriate comment, you felt showing state solidarity was more important. Fair enough. I could see myself doing the same thing, I suppose.

You know, if you guys didn't already see me as evil, you would view my comment as a compliment of Minnesota. Because I assume that such things are generally unacceptable there. Not that I assume everybody feels the same way as the poster - that wasn't even implied in what I said.
                Last edited by bunt_q; 09-23-2011, 11:35 AM.

Comment

No, comparing the status of a whole sport to the response to an offhand comment.

I really didn't expect anybody would reply to that. I figured, I could call out homophobia, whoever posted it would take note, probably ignore me, and the discussion would go on. Never in a million years did I think our arguments about hockey would compel somebody to attack me for calling out homophobia. It says a lot about priorities, that's all.
                  Again, you missed the point entirely. You were being called out for lumping the whole state of MN into one big homophobic people, because of one comment. Say, you know what? I saw a hippie yesterday when I arrived in Denver. I bet the whole state is a bunch of hippies that smoke pot and sing kumbaya.

Get it now?
                  Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

Again, you missed the point entirely. You were being called out for lumping the whole state of MN into one big homophobic people, because of one comment. Say, you know what? I saw a hippie yesterday when I arrived in Denver. I bet the whole state is a bunch of hippies that smoke pot and sing kumbaya.

Get it now?
                    I just replied to that - see below.

Comment

This needs to be repeated.
                      Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

The game threads with future NCHC teams vs anyone for the next 2 years should be entertaining...
                        Originally posted by CavalryNate
                        Disrespecting the Gophers is like disowning your mother the first time you get a girlfriend.
                        sigpic

Comment

I just replied to that - see below.
                          If everyone spent all their time hollering at random racist/predjudiced random comments on the internet, absolutely nothing else would ever be accomplished. If you really want to be the PC police, you can always report him. However, your blanket assumption about MN is just as bad.

Comment

However, your blanket assumption about MN is just as bad.
                            Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
                            This needs to be repeated.
                            Then apparently my reply needs to be repeated.

I said this:

I didn't expect gay-bashing out of Minnesota. It's always struck me as a fairly progressive place.

What exactly did I say about the whole state of Minnesota? I said it was a progressive place. True. I said I don't expect open gay bashing there. True (exceptions exist everywhere, but in places like Minnesota, they usually get called out). Nothing negative at all implied about the entire state. The reply, if any, from the people of Minnesota should have been "yeah, we have jerks too, just like Colorado " If I was saying anything about Minnesota at all, it was a complimentary reference to what I perceive to be the general good attitude of the place. (Not entirely relevant, but my family is from/in Minnesota - I don't make it a habit of insulting my own.)

You guys should read more carefully, that's all. You have preconceived notions about me, and it has you reading into my comments in directions I never intended to go. I have absolutely ZERO complaints about the general politics of Minnesota (well, a few, but T-Paw wouldn't have been bad compared to some). My only complaint was about the reply to my post, which was a bit shocking...attacking me, not the *******...

If everyone spent all their time hollering at random racist/predjudiced random comments on the internet, absolutely nothing else would ever be accomplished. If you really want to be the PC police, you can always report him.
                            This may be true. I haven't come across many yet. If it's really that bad, and if it really goes without anybody calling it out because it's so prevalent it just becomes accepted, well, then I'll probably just leave, because I have no desire to spend my time conversing with racist/prejudiced people. I don't see why you would have a problem with somebody calling it out, though, if you don't agree. You don't need to waste your time to tell me I am wasting mine.
                            Last edited by bunt_q; 09-23-2011, 11:53 AM.

Comment

I can rest comfortably at night knowing God is more likely to judge me on that than my stance toward the NCHC.
                              It's good to know that you at least know the unknowable.

A more upstanding response from you would have been to address the comment he made, rather than the person who called him out on it.
                              And it wasn't homophobic dummy. Words have multiple connotations (you didn't even go to college did you?) and the clear context he used that in had NOTHING to do with bashing homosexuals.

Comment

Tiresome troll is officially tiresome.

I'm done addressing anything he has to say.

Comment

Working...
                                X