Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: St. Cloud to NCHC

Originally posted by Montelena View Post
    He is a stellar administrator and he is competitive. His accomplishments at SCSU since he's been here have been outstanding. There was no invite at that time. He's stated his position.

I'm not sure what the above has anything to do with what is happening now. It's simply someone sitting on the sidelines grumbling because SCSU may make a decision that's in the best interest of their school.

And, by the way, if the NCHC had/has an issue with any comments previously it certainly hasn't deterred them from apparantly making an invite. So, why should it be a concern of yours. Seems silly to me.
    It matters because the guy made a hypocrite of himself when joining a conference "that was a bad idea and we want no part of it" (paraphrased) when they weren't even invited in the first place. Now that the "cool kids" are letting the nerds in, because no one else wanted to join, SCSU is all about what a great idea this conference is.

And don't get me wrong, the NaCHo(C) conference has major egg on their face too, since they had to come back and grovel to WMU and SCSU.
    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by Pump It Up View Post
      Welcome to the board President Potter!
      Well, I consider that a compliment. Thanks.
      "Zero Manipulation"

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
        It matters because the guy made a hypocrite of himself when joining a conference "that was a bad idea and we want no part of it" (paraphrased) when they weren't even invited in the first place. Now that the "cool kids" are letting the nerds in, because no one else wanted to join, SCSU is all about what a great idea this conference is.

And don't get me wrong, the NaCHo(C) conference has major egg on their face too, since they had to come back and grovel to WMU and SCSU.
        Since I'm not on here often I'm not sure what program you are a fan of. What program do you follow? And if it's not SCSU why are you so hyper-sensitive about this?
        "Zero Manipulation"

Comment

Originally posted by SCSU Euro View Post
          Yeah, but here's my question... 5 teams in the state of MN, so does that mean that every four years one of the teams not named University of Minnesota will have to sit out?
          Don't worry; I still don't think Mankato's program will survive all of this.

Congratulations St. Cloud; the cool kids let you off the Island of Misfit Toys.

*****http://drmolly.files.wordpress.com/2008/12/island_of_misfit_toys1.jpg?w=304&h=320******
          My guy is a hard-nosed hockey player who is not afraid to crash the net. Your guy is a goon who runs the goalie.

Comment

Originally posted by Montelena View Post
            Since I'm not on here often I'm not sure what program you are a fan of. What program do you follow? And if it's not SCSU why are you so hyper-sensitive about this?
            Gopher fan (and anti-B1G Mistake).

It just lessens my opinion of SCSU (not that it was that high to begin with ) because they decided to play follow the leader instead of actually doing what they said they were going to do. It's such a blatant about-face in such a short time......and that's the administration you want leading your school?
            Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

I have not read any (besides the post your replied to) posts from SCSU fans saying how great this conference is. Am I glad we're in and not out? Yes. Would I trade it all for the old WCHA without Minnesota and Wisconsin? In a heartbeat.

Comment

I have not read any (besides the post your replied to) posts from SCSU fans saying how great this conference is. Am I glad we're in and not out? Yes. Would I trade it all for the old WCHA without Minnesota and Wisconsin? In a heartbeat.
                The admin, not necessarily the fans. I highly doubt they'd join if they thought it was a bad idea.

Comment

My conference is better then your conference!
                  SCSU!

Comment

So are you still boycotting tRalph? Guess you can just pick us up and drop us off, then we can head to Bonzer's?
                    "The man who smiles when something has gone wrong just thought of someone to blame it on." Robert Bloch
                    Discontinued Program:http://s.ecrater.com/stores/70443/48...70e_70443n.jpg
                    The goofs might suck, but Happy swallows.
                    Brooks told me he added something to the effect that, “if you want to go into business, go to Harvard; if you want to be a hockey player, go to North Dakota...”

Comment

Gopher fan (and anti-B1G Mistake).

It just lessens my opinion of SCSU (not that it was that high to begin with ) because they decided to play follow the leader instead of actually doing what they said they were going to do. It's such a blatant about-face in such a short time......and that's the administration you want leading your school?
                      Cancelling homecoming is asinine and the comment about not joining the NCHC if asked was real stupid. I don't really agree with much the past few SCSU administrations have done. That said, as a proud SCSU alum, if Potter comes out immediately after the formation of the NCHC and says we won't go, even if invited, does that mean that the majority of SCSU fans (who may want to go to the NCHC) are bound by his stupid comment?

He took so much crap he had to do an about-face. In Earl's perfect little world over there at 720 Fourth Ave South, I'm sure he wishes he could have just stuck it out with the WCHA, but, and others would know better than I, supposedly he got major backlash from big hockey donors.

Comment

If we don't win in the NCHC, how can this be considered anything but a stupid move?
                        "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
                        -Gallagher

R.I.P.
                        Grandpa G. ~ Feb 11, 1918-Oct. 6, 1999
                        Grandma ~ Jan 2004
                        Dad ~ Nov. 4, 1958-April 21, 2008
                        Grandpa S. ~ June 21, 1932-November 11, 2013

Comment

Originally posted by First Time, Long Time View Post
                          If we don't win in the NCHC, how can this be considered anything but a stupid move?
                          BC UND and tUMD will outdraw BSU and MSU-M crowds, and the rest of the NCHC will outdraw the rest of the remaining WCHA?
                          tUMD is Jan Brady per Brenthoven. Whew.... thanks for clearing THAT up.

Best USCHO quotes to date:

"UND/DU will realize that their party sucks, because the easterners only want to drink Zima." - BPH

"It is too bad that aaron marvin was a senior so he can't go after the rest of the sioux". - bigblue_dl

"I would rather play the blackhawks than you right now." - dogs2012

Comment

Originally posted by First Time, Long Time View Post
                            Because your home games will be played against teams like sue, DU, and UMD that have a much better chance of filling seats than, say BGSU or Ferris St for example. No disrespect to those teams but SCSU will get much better draws from the previously mentioned teams than what they would get from the new look WCHA teams.

EDIT: Euro beat me to it
                            "It ain't over, baby! And that took only six seconds!"

USCHO gives me another reason to not do work while I am at work.

Everything is Hill's fault.....

"Hakstol you hack!!!!"

Comment

Congrats to SUCS for being the fart to squeak by the current WCHA turd, just remember you still stink
                              "The man who smiles when something has gone wrong just thought of someone to blame it on." Robert Bloch
                              Discontinued Program:http://s.ecrater.com/stores/70443/48...70e_70443n.jpg
                              The goofs might suck, but Happy swallows.
                              Brooks told me he added something to the effect that, “if you want to go into business, go to Harvard; if you want to be a hockey player, go to North Dakota...”

Comment

Jan finally got invited to the prom...

Comment

Working...
                                X