St. Cloud to NCHC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: St. Cloud to NCHC

Don't forget the limo ride to Sugar Daddy's at 2:00am.
    the state of hockey is good

Comment

****, this conference has officially hit the dumpster....I want out.
      http://www.umdpenaltybo*****

2011 NCAA DIVISION 1 CHAMPIONS

TITLE COUNT: tUMD = 1, SCSU = 0

Chris Benoit:Burn in Hell

Comment

Originally posted by state of hockey View Post
        Don't forget the limo ride to Sugar Daddy's at 2:00am.
        That really doesn't need to be brought up again. Although I can't say I wouldn't go again, just for the hilarity it caused from the first time. And I didn't have to pay anything.
        Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
        Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by Goon View Post
          Not to start a fight because Cornell has been traditionally a strong hockey school but why would anyone want to want a defensive game, why not recruit players that can score? If you get up on Cornell by a couple of goals you can take them off of their game. Yuck trap hockey is boring to watch, I would rather watch a 5-3, 7-6 hockey game...
          There are different forms of the trap. A trap is not boring if you have skillled players who create turnovers and score goals off those turnovers. I have not watched Cornell play much, but when I have they play a more passive defensive trap probably because they don't have the horses to be more aggressive. When you watch a team like the Detroit Red Wings trap, I am not sure how you could say that is boring?
          I am Tommyboy, and I approve this message.

In Bob we Trust!

The Herb Brooks National Hockey Center..... I wonder who originally came up with that.

Comment

Originally posted by scsutommyboy View Post
            There are different forms of the trap. A trap is not boring if you have skillled players who create turnovers and score goals off those turnovers. I have not watched Cornell play much, but when I have they play a more passive defensive trap probably because they don't have the horses to be more aggressive. When you watch a team like the Detroit Red Wings trap, I am not sure how you could say that is boring?
            I agree but they are more likely to use the left wing lock.
            Slap Shot - 444 might want to consider a restraining order.
            dggoddard - Minnesota is THE ELITE Program in all of college hockey.
            wasmania - you have to be the very best to get ice time with the great gophers!

Comment

Originally posted by Not So Sober Hockey Guy View Post
              ****, this conference has officially hit the dumpster....I want out.
              You love St. Cloud, and you know it!
              Bob is making me concerned
              I am the voice of reason

Comment

The St. Cloud Times published an article today detailing the conference break-up from the perspective of SCSU hockey officials, including e-mails between President Potter, Gino, and Coach Motzko as the NCHC was being announced.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pump It Up View Post
                  The St. Cloud Times published an article today detailing the conference break-up from the perspective of SCSU hockey officials, including e-mails between President Potter, Gino, and Coach Motzko as the NCHC was being announced.
                  I assume these emails were obtained through the freedom of information act?
                  tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

Good read. Wonder at what point Notre Dame bailed in the process to pursue their NBC deal or if Denver was just jumping the gun on listing them as a founding member.
                    Last edited by MUhawks628; 12-04-2011, 06:57 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Biddco View Post
                      I assume these emails were obtained through the freedom of information act?
                      There is a blip on the first page that states:

The St. Cloud Times requested emails sent and received from June 3 to Aug. 3 for the following: President Earl H. Potter III, men’s hockey coach Bob Motzko, Athletic Director Morris Kurtz and special adviser for athletics Gino Gasparini. The Times asked for emails that contained within the subject line the words “hockey, National Hockey Center or WCHA.”

The university, through its special adviser to the president, Judith Penrod Siminoe, allowed access to the requested emails after a review to comply with data privacy laws. That review allowed the university, under state law, to redact certain information, such as the names of potential donors, before the emails could be provided.

Comment

Originally posted by Pump It Up View Post
                        Great article by The Times. Many interesting facts were revealed including, but not limited to, that the initial statements by President Potter as to whether SCSU would even accept an invitation from the NCHC were merely public announcements of the confidential recommendations he got from Gino Gasparini.

Comment

Working...
                        X