Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UAH Hockey is on the precipice. Please tell our President to step off.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: UAH Hockey is on the precipice. Please tell our President to step off.

Signed.

Fight the good fight, Chargers.
    If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

from Paul McCann hockeybuzz.com http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog/Paul-...s-You/24/37923
      Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

Originally posted by turk181 View Post
        Being supportive of the cause, it's fantastic that someone is writing nationally about UAH, but man, that article is terrible...

Paragraph 3 - the CHA raided by two other conferences? Uh, that never happened. Only AFA "left," the other three stuck around until there was zero chance the CHA would survive. In fact, the conference had officially disolved before AHA took RMU and Niagara and the WCHA took BSU.

Paragraph 6 - the writers failure to understand how UAH could be a "non-competitive" program? Um, hello? Over those 5 years referenced, UAH has averaged a mighty 6 wins. Twice (the only two times they hit double digits in the W collum in the last 5 years), they happened to have a good weekend and won the conference tourney. Yeah, everyone thought it was a joke, but that was the set up.

And finally, paragraph 7 - "Predators fans came out in droves"? Since when is 1,976 or 1,785 considered a "drove?" In fact, my Brother-in-law is a Predator season ticket holder, and he got an email the week before those games offering free tickets...

Like I said, I'm all for the cause, but man - I'd rather not see someone who knows nothing waste time typing this garbage. I'll wait for a real reporter to write something...
        Last edited by moose97; 09-06-2011, 10:07 PM.
        Current NCAA D-I rinks I've been to:

AHA:
        B1G: UMich, MSU, UMinn, Notre Dame, OSU, UWisc
        CCHA: BSU, BG, FSU, LSSU, MSU, MTU, NMU
        ECAC:
        HEA: UMass
        NCHC: Miami, UMD, UND, SCSU, WMU
        Independant: ASU

Inactive: UAH, ASU, BSU, UMD, UND, NMU, Notre Dame

Comment

Originally posted by moose97 View Post
          Being supportive of the cause, it's fantastic that someone is writing nationally about UAH, but man, that article is terrible...

Paragraph 3 - the CHA raided by two other conferences? Uh, that never happened. Only AFA "left," the other three stuck around until there was zero chance the CHA would survive. In fact, the conference had officially disolved before AHA took RMU and Niagara and the WCHA took BSU.

Paragraph 6 - the writers failure to understand how UAH could be a "non-competitive" program? Um, hello? Over those 5 years referenced, UAH has averaged a mighty 6 wins. Twice (the only two times they hit double digits in the W collum in the last 5 years), they happened to have a good weekend and won the conference tourney. Yeah, everyone thought it was a joke, but that was the set up.

And finally, paragraph 7 - "Predators fans came out in droves"? Since when is 1,976 or 1,785 considered a "drove?" In fact, my Brother-in-law is a Predator season ticket holder, and he got an email the week before those games offering free tickets...

Like I said, I'm all for the cause, but man - I'd rather not see someone who knows nothing waste time typing this garbage. I'll wait for a real reporter to write something...
          Not to mention he called Merrimack a "national power" and "Frozen Four" participant.

Comment

Originally posted by moose97 View Post

Well, that and Merrimack as a national power... they were very very good last year... but national power assumes something of a pattern... Merrimack's pattern has been to be beaten up one side and down the other.
            BS UML '04, PhD UConn '09

Jerseys I would like to have:
            Skating Friar Jersey
            AIC Yellowjacket Jersey w/ Yellowjacket logo on front
            UAF Jersey w/ Polar Bear on Front
            Army Black Knight logo jersey

NCAA Men's Division 1 Simulation Primer

Comment

I'm in. Good Luck !
              Originally posted by mtu_huskies
              "We are not too far away from a national championship," said (John) Scott.
              Boosh Factor 4

Originally posted by Brent Hoven
              Yeah, but you're my favorite hag.

Comment

Just went over 1500 here, I would say odds are good it could crack 2,000 by the end of the day. Get to work on it people.
                bueller: Why is the sunset good? Why are boobs good? Why does Positrack work? Why does Ferris lose on the road and play dead at home?

It just happens.

nmupiccdiva: I'm sorry I missed you this weekend! I thought I saw you at the football game, but I didn't want to go up to a complete stranger and ask "are you Monster?" and have it not be you!

leswp1: you need the Monster to fix you

Life is active, find Balance!massage therapy Ann Arbor

Comment

Signed! We played you last year, and it sounded like you had a heck of a team. Here's to you joining a conference!

Comment

Originally posted by bigmrg74 View Post
                    Just went over 1500 here, I would say odds are good it could crack 2,000 by the end of the day. Get to work on it people.
                    It looks like that if it reaches 5000 the bar will be filled. Was that the goal of the petition?
                    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Done and I own a home in alabama so I used that address. Also posted on FB.
                      Good luck.
                      MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

Done last night. Go Chargers!

Comment

Originally posted by gfmorris View Post
                          http://www.change.org/petitions/uah-...-on-and-thrive

Here's background: we've had two big changes in the administration at UAH within the last year. Our athletic director passed away in December, and then our university president was run out on a rail in March. [I've never been sure why, but I think it was his free-spending ways.] Now the UA System Chancellor, Mack Portera, is acting as interim president. He's making lot of changes on campus, and one of them that he's swiftly seeking to make is the elimination of varsity hockey after the 2011-12 season. Just at the point where it seems a conference home could be found, this dingbat is going around lying and saying that the expansion fee to get into any league would be $500,000 or more. He ignores the fact that the CCHA fee in 2009 would have been $250k, and that's with the BTHC teams involved in that league. Maybe it's as expensive to get into the WCHA, but I doubt it'll be twice as expensive. He's telling a number of other lies as well, but this one is the one that the wider college hockey community is telling.

Speaking of that college hockey community: we hear a lot about how everyone wants to keep UAH going on. Few of you are in a position to directly affect these decisions, but we're all in a position to have our voice heard. I would dearly appreciate it if you'd take the time to sign the petition I linked above to show your support for another member of the college hockey community.

Thanks.

GFM
                          So since he is clearly either outright lying or simply making up stories about the potential cost of joining a conference, what do you suppose are this guy's real motivations for eliminating the program? What do you suppose is his agenda? How can he make such a permanently definitive decision as an interim president? Is he able to do so as System Chancellor? Sounds fishy to me, but I know nothing about U. of Alabama system and it's schools' administrations.
                          Do you believe this petition will help if this guy (and or others) have an agenda other than what has been said publicly, or will it simply be stored in the circular file?
                          Don't get me wrong. For UAH fans' sake I certainly hope it does help, that they find a home soon, and everyone (except maybe this d-bag chancellor) is happy at the end of the day.
                          Can't we all just get along?
                          Always remember... This is just a game we're talking about here. Let's not take it all too seriously.

Comment

Happy to sign my support. As I wrote in the comment section, I witnessed firsthand the passion of Chargers fans when UAH came that close to upsetting Notre Dame in Grand Rapids back in 2007.

Good luck with the battle - hoping Penn State and UAH can renew the old rivalry.
                            Growing old is mandatory -- growing up is optional!

Comment

Originally posted by TigerFan86-87 View Post
                              So since he is clearly either outright lying or simply making up stories about the potential cost of joining a conference, what do you suppose are this guy's real motivations for eliminating the program? What do you suppose is his agenda? How can he make such a permanently definitive decision as an interim president? Is he able to do so as System Chancellor? Sounds fishy to me, but I know nothing about U. of Alabama system and it's schools' administrations.
                              Do you believe this petition will help if this guy (and or others) have an agenda other than what has been said publicly, or will it simply be stored in the circular file?
                              Don't get me wrong. For UAH fans' sake I certainly hope it does help, that they find a home soon, and everyone (except maybe this d-bag chancellor) is happy at the end of the day.
                              it's spitting into a hurricane, but the more noise we make as a collective make now, the harder this end around by the Alabama chancellor would be, and it just might guilt one conference into bringing them in once the issue of what Notre Dame will do is settled. Right now the best thing to do is to keep making noise about the issue, and if your team is one of the programs going to Huntsville this season, you should head on down there, and bring the golf clubs and an appetite for some BBQ. Spread some money around town and make it known what it is that you're in town for.
                              bueller: Why is the sunset good? Why are boobs good? Why does Positrack work? Why does Ferris lose on the road and play dead at home?

It just happens.

nmupiccdiva: I'm sorry I missed you this weekend! I thought I saw you at the football game, but I didn't want to go up to a complete stranger and ask "are you Monster?" and have it not be you!

leswp1: you need the Monster to fix you

Life is active, find Balance!massage therapy Ann Arbor

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                                It looks like that if it reaches 5000 the bar will be filled. Was that the goal of the petition?
                                That's the goal I put on it. The pace has slowed a bit, but it's still pretty steady. We'll obviously take many more.

Originally posted by TigerFan86-87 View Post
                                The individual presidents in the UA system have a fair amount of autonomy. He's rushing to do this before the new President is named. That tussle---Portera v. Huntsville Business Community---is another interesting tussle. It makes me think that this guy is out to cut UAH down to size, which is funny as we're the smallest school in the system already.

http://www.uscho.com/2011/09/07/alab...sroots-effort/ I guess you can say that I'm mad.

GFM
                                Geof F. Morris
                                UAH BSE MAE 2002
                                UAHHockey.com

Comment

Working...
                                X