Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Alaska-Anchorage Seawolves 2011-2012 Thread - Here We Go!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Alaska-Anchorage Seawolves 2011-2012 Thread - Here We Go!

Originally posted by seawolffan View Post
    I went to both games and on the Saturday game both of the banners were back up
    Thank you seawolf fan! And now that I think about it.. I doubt the Aces would want to do anything to tick off the Seawolves. They've been following the soon-to-be-built UAA arena so closely that some of their owners are attending the project meetings.

The Aces were also trying to get the city to give SMG the boot and let them take over managing the Sully, but I never heard what the outcome of that was..

We've been coexisting under the same roof for a long, long time.. and it looks like that won't be changing anytime soon. ~sigh~

In any event ~~ Good luck in Omaha Seawolves!!!

Comment

Originally posted by AlaskaRox View Post
      Thank you seawolf fan! And now that I think about it.. I doubt the Aces would want to do anything to tick off the Seawolves. They've been following the soon-to-be-built UAA arena so closely that some of their owners are attending the project meetings.

The Aces were also trying to get the city to give SMG the boot and let them take over managing the Sully, but I never heard what the outcome of that was..

We've been coexisting under the same roof for a long, long time.. and it looks like that won't be changing anytime soon. ~sigh~

In any event ~~ Good luck in Omaha Seawolves!!!
      I heard the Aces wanted to take over for SMG as well, but from what I heard that was not going to happen and was a very bad idea.
      Originally Posted by aparch
      I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

Well UNO series showed our success earlier might have been a fluke. Lots of negatives, sounds like we were totally dominated by the mavericks. Offense disappeared (2 goals, 0% PP, 40shots (20average)) and with it defense (gave up 7 goals, 70shots(35+average). I guess good offense does= good defense.
        I think the only positive was the 100% PK.

Lets hope we can keep up with mRodents this weekend. Seems like gophers are loaded with firepower this year. I'll be happy with a split at home.

Comment

Originally posted by Tundra View Post
          Well UNO series showed our success earlier might have been a fluke. Lots of negatives, sounds like we were totally dominated by the mavericks. Offense disappeared (2 goals, 0% PP, 40shots (20average)) and with it defense (gave up 7 goals, 70shots(35+average). I guess good offense does= good defense.
          I think the only positive was the 100% PK.

Lets hope we can keep up with mRodents this weekend. Seems like gophers are loaded with firepower this year. I'll be happy with a split at home.
          I was able to watch the Saturday game, and I thought our team looked pretty flat. They picked it up with 5 minutes left in the game, but it was too late by then. I hope we see a lunch bucket team this weekend, the Goph's are gonna kill us if we play the way we did in Omaha.
          I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

after watching the saturday game, i honestly hope Kamal gets the nod this upcoming weekend, he looked as sharp as ever considering UNO pelted him with 40 shots.

Also remember, we struggled mightly on the road last year at times until the end of the year when we went on that hot streak in mankato. I have to agree with Donald on this one.

Also Any word on Jordan Kwas's Injury, or Mellor's & Leinweber's? I hope that Scheid gets in the lineup he seemed to have some speed in the exhibition and we will need all the speed we can get with the gophers coming up this weekend.

GO WOLVES
            Never be afraid to try something new. Remember, amateurs built the ark. Professionals built the Titanic

Comment

Originally posted by seawolfpunk View Post
              after watching the saturday game, i honestly hope Kamal gets the nod this upcoming weekend, he looked as sharp as ever considering UNO pelted him with 40 shots.

Also remember, we struggled mightly on the road last year at times until the end of the year when we went on that hot streak in mankato. I have to agree with Donald on this one.

Also Any word on Jordan Kwas's Injury, or Mellor's & Leinweber's? I hope that Scheid gets in the lineup he seemed to have some speed in the exhibition and we will need all the speed we can get with the gophers coming up this weekend.

GO WOLVES
              Both goalies can be hot and cold. Let's hope they are both hot this weekend! I wish I knew how our banged up players are doing, it's awfully early to be dealing with all these injuries!

From ADN:

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

A bit late, but I'm wondering what happened to the scoring? Three goals in four WCHA games worries me. A lot.

We're going to have to take one in Duluth next weekend. It's not impossible, but it won't be easy either.
                Go 'Wolves!

Comment

Just wondering if Kwas is ready to return to the lineup?

Comment

i did talk to kwas after the last game, and he was hoping to make the trip down to duluth
                    Never be afraid to try something new. Remember, amateurs built the ark. Professionals built the Titanic

Comment

http://www.boston.com/news/nation/ar...s_found_alive/

Not sure what happened yet, but glad he was found already. You know the weather in Alaska is bad when it makes the national news as its been doing lately.
                      bueller: Why is the sunset good? Why are boobs good? Why does Positrack work? Why does Ferris lose on the road and play dead at home?

It just happens.

nmupiccdiva: I'm sorry I missed you this weekend! I thought I saw you at the football game, but I didn't want to go up to a complete stranger and ask "are you Monster?" and have it not be you!

leswp1: you need the Monster to fix you

Life is active, find Balance!massage therapy Ann Arbor

Comment

Just got home from the Shootout for the evening. These 12-14 hour day are killing me, but on the plus side, there's only one more left for this year. Anyway, just figured everyone might be interested to know that John Hill was at the Sully tonight. Apparently he is in town for the holiday weekend with some family and felt that he "had to show his face around the usual places." I'm not sure who it was that he felt wanted to see him around...

Good game by the boys tonight, though I would have liked to see them hold on to a lead every now and then. Lot of sloppy plays and breakdowns leading to scoring chances and goals. This team needs to figure things out and start playing like a team. I'm ready to see that pre-season UAA team again
                        Last edited by UAA Seawolves Fan; 11-26-2011, 03:18 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by UAA Seawolves Fan View Post
                          Just got home from the Shootout for the evening. These 12-14 hour day are killing me, but on the plus side, there's only one more left for this year. Anyway, just figured everyone might be interested to know that John Hill was at the Sully tonight. Apparently he is in town for the holiday weekend with some family and felt that he "had to show his face around the usual places." I'm not sure who it was that he felt wanted to see him around...

Good game by the boys tonight, though I would have liked to see them hold on to a lead every now and then. Lot of sloppy plays and breakdowns leading to scoring chances and goals. This team needs to figure things out and start playing like a team. I'm ready to see that pre-season UAA team again
                          They did have a lot of breakdowns but were determined and fought back every time, which is a good sign. Mankato had their share of breakdowns as well, and we probably would not have won had we played a better team (no offense intended to Mankato). Play smart tonight and with the same determination and confidence and they'll get the sweep. It was great to see Liney get his first goal! I hope we get our injured players back for the Sioux games!!

From ADN:

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

Originally posted by Suze View Post
                            ...we probably would not have won had we played a better team (no offense intended to Mankato).
                            None taken. We know what we are, and it's not good.
                            My guy is a hard-nosed hockey player who is not afraid to crash the net. Your guy is a goon who runs the goalie.

Comment

I'll take 3 of 4 points, but UAA really deserved the 4. What were those refs smoking anyway? I can't remember the last time I saw 3 majors and game misconducts called in the same game. They let half the game go with only 2 penalties then they start calling everything? What a mess to the flow of the game.

From ADN:

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

Originally posted by Suze View Post
                                I'll take 3 of 4 points, but UAA really deserved the 4. What were those refs smoking anyway?
                                Really Suze? You watched a game in which your guys got outshot 46-13 and you think you deserved to win? That you were robbed by the refs??

If Cook had been able to stop ANYTHING last night, it wouldn't even have been a contest. We're not a good team, but you need to be realistic.
                                My guy is a hard-nosed hockey player who is not afraid to crash the net. Your guy is a goon who runs the goalie.

Comment

Working...
                                X