Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Alaska-Anchorage Seawolves 2011-2012 Thread - Here We Go!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Alaska-Anchorage Seawolves 2011-2012 Thread - Here We Go!

After the first arena (which had two venues in it) got vetoed by Sarah Palin the UAA Administration has been working toward "getting what they could".

But expecting a good situation to arise from hockey sharing a venue with basketball/gymnastics/volleyball is a mistake. It is time and labor intensive to switch between events. One certain result would be going from a rink (the sully) that is recognized by WCHA and ECHL players as being one of the (if not the) best surfaces they've EVER played on to a surface that isn't. You'd have to double at least whatever operations staff you employ or contract the service out at a high price.

The UAA administration is just paying lip-service (AT ALL LEVELS) to these inquiry's from the public regarding a new home for hockey. It's a big score to get what they got and I don't think they really have any tangible plan for a hockey solution. As tangible as it gets is to hope that they can get the legislature to build a new rink for a Muni/University partnership of some sort. The Aces desires certainly play a part in that as well. And what do you think our current governor Sarah Jr. would do with a line item like that?

To me this means that we'll likely not see the Seawolves play hockey in an on-campus ice-rink anytime soon.

Comment

As an avid fan of the Aces, I honestly don't think they would want to move into a new UAA facility. From what I've heard, they will either stay in the Sully or build a new arena in South Anchorage. Keep in mind that these are just rumors I have heard at the games, so I don't know for sure if these are concrete facts.
      Go 'Wolves!

Comment

Originally posted by seawolffan View Post
        As an avid fan of the Aces, I honestly don't think they would want to move into a new UAA facility. From what I've heard, they will either stay in the Sully or build a new arena in South Anchorage. Keep in mind that these are just rumors I have heard at the games, so I don't know for sure if these are concrete facts.
        If it's a partnership between the Muni and the University then it wouldn't be a "new UAA facility". No doubt the Aces want to have as much control as possible over ice scheduling and frankly UAA competing for schedules with the Aces isn't something that would be in either's best interest.

There has/is and always will be one optimum solution. OCSHA ... On Campus Standalone Hockey Arena.

Comment

Originally posted by uaafanblog View Post
          No doubt the Aces want to have as much control as possible over ice scheduling and frankly UAA competing for schedules with the Aces isn't something that would be in either's best interest.
          I can see where you're coming from, but I've always thought that the Aces would want to stay in the Sullivan (it would probably have more seating capacity, plus, the Aces want to keep the Olympic ice.)
          Go 'Wolves!

Comment

Originally posted by uaafanblog View Post
            There has/is and always will be one optimum solution. OCSHA ... On Campus Standalone Hockey Arena.
            Agreed, 100% with you on this one DD.
            Never be afraid to try something new. Remember, amateurs built the ark. Professionals built the Titanic

Comment

former Seawolves Lunden & Wiles sign with Las Vegas of the ECHL, gives me more reason to root against the aces

http://www.echl.com/URLwranglers-add...-wiles-p172564
              Never be afraid to try something new. Remember, amateurs built the ark. Professionals built the Titanic

Comment

Originally posted by seawolfpunk View Post
                ..there will be the Hockey only meet n greet picnic on Sunday the 11th @ the Cuddy center.
                Just out of curiosity, does anyone know when they're gathering @ Cuddy Park? I've seen the date listed in a few places, but not the time. Thanks ~

Comment

Originally posted by AlaskaRox View Post
                  Just out of curiosity, does anyone know when they're gathering @ Cuddy Park?
                  Nevermind. I found it!

Comment

Exhibition hockey tickets on sale

Go Seawolves!
                    Last edited by revfnb; 09-21-2011, 04:25 PM. Reason: wrong thread posted
                    Upper Deck Fan

Comment

Anyone catch practice this week, saw the FB video the other day. 8 days left.............& FAIRBANKS STILL SUCKS!!!

Comment

Anyone catch practice this week, saw the FB video the other day. 8 days left.............& FAIRBANKS STILL SUCKS!!!
                        Good to see Anchorage trolls in mid-season form.

Comment

Originally posted by birdman View Post
                          Good to see Anchorage trolls in mid-season form.
                          And you're in our thread because?
                          U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
                          Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
                          I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
                          But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
                          Originally posted by Doyle Woody
                          Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
                            I think your comment went over his head, JJ.
                            Originally Posted by aparch
                            I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
                              he's a hypocrite

Comment

he's a hypocrite
                                Ouch, you Anchorturds are mean, can't wait to see your girls on the ice.

Comment

Working...
                                X