X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI 2011 - 12 Recruit Thread

Originally posted by redhead18 View Post
    I agree, although there is a possibility he could join Omaha after Delbarton's season ends in late February.
    I doubt it, but as I said it could happen.
    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
      I doubt it, but as I said it could happen.
      That's a fairly common thing though, especially if he's not returning to Delbarton next year.
      Keep an open mind. Just don't be so open-minded that your brain falls out.

Comment

Originally posted by Red Cloud View Post
        That's a fairly common thing though, especially if he's not returning to Delbarton next year.
        It's fairly common after a senior season.
        sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

It's fairly common after a senior season.
          Of course. But for a guy on his level it's not uncommon to see it happen after a junior season, or even a sophomore season (which is obviously not the case here).
          Keep an open mind. Just don't be so open-minded that your brain falls out.

Comment

Originally posted by Red Cloud View Post
            Of course. But for a guy on his level it's not uncommon to see it happen after a junior season, or even a sophomore season (which is obviously not the case here).
            I wonder how that works from an educational standpoint. Do they hire a tutor and become "home-schooled" to finish out and get their diploma?

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
              I wonder how that works from an educational standpoint. Do they hire a tutor and become "home-schooled" to finish out and get their diploma?
              They usually live with a "hockey family" and go to school in that local district.

Comment

Drew didnt score a goal but had 5 assists. His line should now be 4-3-10-13-x
                here's the boxscore from Delbarton's 10-0 win...Melanson had the primary assist on his 5 assists http://highschoolsports.nj.com/game/score/1164118/
                Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

USHR has a ranking of the top New England prep league seniors, Jake Wood is listed at #26

26. Jake Wood, F, ’92 (Gunnery/RPI) 5-8/165—Skilled, quick, small forward makes a lot of plays. Has the ability to play an energy role if need be. Versatile.

Comment

If anyone is around the Boston area this weekend and want to see some hockey, Drew Melanson and Delbarton are playing at Harvards Bright Hockey Center on Saturday against Malden Catholic and at BU's Walter Brown Arena on Sunday against Catholic Memorial. Saturdays game is at 4pm and Sundays game starts at 2pm.
                    Last edited by redhead18; 12-14-2011, 07:10 AM.

Comment

If anyone is around the Boston area this weekend and want to see some hockey, Drew Melanson and Delbarton are playing at Harvards Bright Hockey Center on Saturday against Malden Catholic and at BU's Walter Brown Arena on Sunday against Catholic Memorial. Saturdays game is at 4pm and Sundays game starts at 2pm.
                      Does anyone know if these schools will offer good competition? I know that Catholic Memorial was once the top program in the Boston area, but HSs are no longer where most top talent play.
                      sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Does anyone know if these schools will offer good competition? I know that Catholic Memorial was once the top program in the Boston area, but HSs are no longer where most top talent play.
                        RB: Really hard to judge Delbarton this year. They really have not faced any team that could give them any trouble. The balance of power in NJ schools has shifted greatly in the past several years. The yearly powerhouses like Brick and Christian Brothers Academy have faltered badly. There still is some individual talent on some teams but the concentration of better players has seemed to gravitate to Delbarton. I saw them last year a couple times and they simply outclassed the opposition. It will be interesting to see how they can do in Boston.
                        Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Do you know if any of these players will be playing against Central NY schools, or even some northern ones (like Norwood)?

Comment

Do you know if any of these players will be playing against Central NY schools, or even some northern ones (like Norwood)?
                            Only other time they come up this way is the last weekend in January when they play a game at South Kent (CT) and the following day they play Northwood but that game is being held at Middlebury College. The closest Gunnery plays is the 1/22 game against AA at HFH.

Comment

The closest Gunnery plays is the 1/22 game against AA at HFH.
                              That sounds pretty close.
                              sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

From the USHL web-site; "where will I live"...http://www.ushl.com/index.php?item_id=2430......"where will I go to school" (the kid in this picture even looks like it could be Kasdorf)...http://www.ushl.com/index.php?item_id=2431
                                Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

Working...
                                X