X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI 2011 - 12 Recruit Thread

Originally posted by AspyDad View Post
    I finally corrected FDude. This is a big day for me. Now if only I could get Heisenberg to give me a recruit before Recruit Jedi Master Ralph.
    That's about as big of an accomplishment as knocking pins down on the bowling lane with the bumpers up.

Yes, I just insulted myself.

Comment

Originally posted by troyboy View Post
      aspydad and I are starting to wonder if there actually is a Wicked Slappaahs or he just a figment of our imagination and where actually the scarecrow and the tin man.
      For the truly curious, I will be attending (and occasionally participating) in the RPI golf outing on Monday. Lest anyone mistake me for a serious/competent golfer, I will say that my main focus for the day will be keeping my cigar lit, my golf cart wheels down and my beer upright .
      ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
        I have met a number of RPI posters. Of those you mentioned, I have met at least frjoe, realet, and GRussinko.
        RB: I'm offended. You and I met at HFH along with the gone but not forgotten T-Bone and father of a then-player whose USCHO name currently escapes me...
        ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

Originally posted by Wicked Slappaahs View Post
          RB: I'm offended. You and I met at HFH along with the gone but not forgotten T-Bone and father of a then-player whose USCHO name currently escapes me...
          See post 922 on the other RPI thread in this forum.
          sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

TB and I went to see Wood last night. He is small but great hands and terrific passer. He made some great saucer passes (air born) that impressed me. Prototypical SA recruit...very speedy. Legit D-1 player. BTW-had a great hamburger at johnk's after game. Great Irish pub!!!
            Please ask for me if you get to stop in again. Would love to buy you a beer or two!

Comment

Originally posted by johnk View Post
              Please ask for me if you get to stop in again. Would love to buy you a beer or two!
              Really???? Never thought you were a big fan of mine. After the two beers,it doesn't end with a blanket over the head and me getting punched does it? Black and Bleu burger was awesome. Nice place, great atmosphere.
              "Rick not want to be know as tough guy, Rick want to be known as team guy" Rick "Mongo" Bennett

Comment

Really???? Never thought you were a big fan of mine. After the two beers,it doesn't end with a blanket over the head and me getting punched does it? Black and Bleu burger was awesome. Nice place, great atmosphere.
                This is a message board and opinions sometimes differ leading to some heated exchanges. Thats it! Thanks for stopping down on Saturday and glad you enjoed it. Hope to see you there again.

Comment

Originally posted by babo View Post
                  I know what you look like so you have no choice but to meet me if I see you
                  If you find Aspydad and troyboy then you wont have to look far to find me....I will be the guy in the RPI jersey if that helps you any.
                  Loyality means sticking with a thing in good and bad times. Not willing to do that, stay home, I got this.

Comment

Originally posted by fishcore12 View Post
                    If you find Aspydad and troyboy then you wont have to look far to find me....I will be the guy in the RPI jersey if that helps you any.
                    My man Fishcore rides shotgun in Section 9 with us. Always has our backs when we are gently pointing out to the ECAC finest some of their inconsitencies in their officiating.
                    "Rick not want to be know as tough guy, Rick want to be known as team guy" Rick "Mongo" Bennett

Comment

Originally posted by johnk View Post
                      This is a message board and opinions sometimes differ leading to some heated exchanges. Thats it! Thanks for stopping down on Saturday and glad you enjoed it. Hope to see you there again.
                      johnk...I concur with AspyDads comments concerning your establishment...great atmosphere.....food was top shelf....and the service nothing short of OUTSTANDING...looking forward to stopping in after the Union game of course only if we win...yes Im one of those guys....kidding aside nice job w/the pub its a tight ship.
                      What was the Guy who discovered milk doing to the cow ????????...Or for that matter how bout the fist Guy to drink it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
                        Works for me!
                        Me too!

Comment

My man Fishcore rides shotgun in Section 9 with us. Always has our backs when we are gently pointing out to the ECAC finest some of their inconsitencies in their officiating.
                          Yeah I stop the angry mob of visting fans from getting to your row haha.
                          Loyality means sticking with a thing in good and bad times. Not willing to do that, stay home, I got this.

Comment

On Tuesday, the Des Moines Buccaneers defeated the Waterloo Black Hawks 4-3. Jason Kasdorf saved 15 of 16 shots in 30:17. He received credit for the win. http://ushl2011.stats.pointstreak.co...gameid=1715238

Kasdorf's preseason line is now 3-1-0-0-.929-2.67.

Edit: The USHL has entered this game on the schedule as both a preseason game http://ushl2011.stats.pointstreak.co...&seasonid=7849 and a regular season game http://ushl2011.stats.pointstreak.co...&seasonid=7561 although the stats aren't there under preseason. Since there are still several other preseason games listed to be played, I will assume it is a preseason game.
                            Last edited by Ralph Baer; 09-21-2011, 12:48 AM.
                            sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Code:
                              23 Riley Bourbonnais   LC Cedar Rapids RoughRiders (USHL) 2012  08/08/93 5'10" 191 Rochester, NY         0- 0- 0-  0-  0 09/21/11
                               3 Chris Bradley *     LD Youngstown Phantoms (USHL)      2012  05/20/93 6'04" 190 Williamsville NY      0- 0- 0-  0-  0 09/22/11 #58
                              27 Drew Melanson       LW Delbarton School (Gordon Conf)  13/14 01/10/95 5'11" 145 Paramus NJ            0- 0- 0-  0-  0
                              26 Mark Miller *        F Omaha Lancers (USHL)            2012  07/26/92 5'11" 180 Massena NY            0- 0- 0-  0-  0 09/21/11 #109
                              11 Jake Wood           LW Junior Bobcats U-18 Elite       2013  08/06/93 5'08" 170 Georgetown ON         8- 2- 4-  6-  0 09/23/11 #88
                              23                        Gunnery School (NEPSHC)                                                        0- 0- 0-  0-  0
                                                        					                   total                 8- 2- 4-  6-  0
                              15 Mike Zalewski *     LW Vernon Vipers (BCHL)            2012  08/18/92 6'03" 205 New Hartford NY       0- 0- 0-  0-  0 09/23/11 
                              33 Jason Kasdorf        G Des Moines Buccaneers (USHL)    2012  05/18/92 6'03" 190 Winnipeg MB       0- 0- 0-0-0.00-.000 09/21/11 #133

Women
                              10 Lauren Wash          F New Jersey Rockets U19          2012  06/24/94 5'04" 115 Belle Mead NJ         ?- 2- 3-  5-  2 09/24/11
                                 unknown              F PWHL                            2012
                                 unknown              D Prep school                     2012

* In the RPI directory
                              sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Ryan Clark of the Fargo Forum says Justin Wade, who committed to Notre Dame, had RPI as a finalist.

Force's Wade commits to Notre Dame

FARGO – Just in case the whole hockey thing doesn’t work out, Fargo Force junior hockey player Justin Wade is looking at being an engineer.

Or maybe being like his father, David, and working for a multi-billion corporation like BP.

When a person commits to a school like Notre Dame, which is what Wade did, it creates options.

“My dad has always pushed for me being academically sound as well as athletically sound,” said Wade, who is heading into his second season with the Force. “I’ve always tried to do that and when it came to college, I tried to pick schools based on that.”

The 17-year-old Wade said his other choices were Cornell, Michigan, Northeastern and RPI.

All of those schools are known for their academic prowess along with hockey.

But there was something about Notre Dame, which was ranked as the 19th best school in the nation by U.S. News and World Report, which stuck with Wade.

“When I took my official visit there, I really bonded well with the team,” Wade said. “I had that feeling that I wanted to go there. I was comfortable and I figured it’d be a good place to be, too. And it has good academics.”

Now that choosing a college is taken care of, Wade can worry about his second season with the Force.

He looks to help the team return to the playoffs for the fourth time in four seasons.

Wade, a defensive-minded defenseman, is known for playing tight defense and at 6-2, 210 pounds, he delivers punishing hits.

He only had one point last season (an assist) so all he has to do now is just score.

“I want to improve on my ability in the offensive zone,” he said. “I just want to have a wider range to my game.”

Wade is one of five Force players that made NHL Central Scouting’s preliminary list of North American players that could be selected in next summer’s NHL draft.

But in case that doesn’t work out, he’ll have something to fall back on.

And something says a Notre Dame degree could cushion the blow of not playing pro hockey.

“I felt like in my heart that I knew I was going to go there,” Wade said. “Getting off my chest and saying it publicly was great. It was exciting. My mom and dad were both excited, too.”
                                So he can be a little-e engineer, but won't be a big-e Engineer.

Wade was on the Ivan Hlinka team that Appert coached over the summer, and we profiled him as a possible RPI target in our Hlinka preview at WaP - so I'm going to go ahead and claim 3 for 4 on our evaluations. RPI was indeed in on Jordan Masters and Justin Wade and Louie Nanne was indeed always going to be a Gopher. We missed on Sam Kurker - he's not going to Union like his father, or to RPI or anywhere else in the ECAC as we suspected, he's committed to BU in 2013.

At any rate, Wade's a loss, but you can't win them all. Definitely would have loved to nab him and Boo Nieves for sure off that Hlinka squad. But I'm just as happy to be losing guys to Michigan, UNH, and Notre Dame instead of just Colgate, Northeastern, and Providence like we used to.
                                Without A Peer - Full coverage of RPI Men's and Women's Hockey, with a twist of lemon.

Without A Peer live tweets every RPI hockey game, men's and women's. Follow us at @without_a_peer on Twitter.

Comment

Working...
                                X