Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: It's Time for College Hockey to Leave the NCAA

Originally posted by Osorojo View Post
    College hockey will benefit if it leaves the NCAA and merges with junior hockey. The recruiting raids will disappear, recruiting violations will disappear, and the cash will roll in. It's nice to see this realization is finally beginning to sink in among college hockey fans.
    I will bet you within 10 years this never happens? In fact does anybody want to bet me this never happens in our lifetime?
    Slap Shot - 444 might want to consider a restraining order.
    dggoddard - Minnesota is THE ELITE Program in all of college hockey.
    wasmania - you have to be the very best to get ice time with the great gophers!

Comment

Originally posted by 4four4 View Post
      I will bet you within 10 years this never happens? In fact does anybody want to bet me this never happens in our lifetime?
      Your lifetime or mine, old-timer?

Comment

Originally posted by bigmrg74 View Post
        He always turns up, like a Canadian Quarter when you need to feed some sort of machine.
        I would have gone with a bad case of the herps, but that works as well

Comment

Besides merger with junior hockey what other viable options are open if college hockey leaves the NCAA? Please provide specifics, if you have any. The denials of a college-junior pro merger lack the vituperation and self-assured denials of the very recent past. I didn't start this thread. Only last year any suggestion of college hockey leaving the NCAA would have been greeted with contempt and cheetos.

Comment

Merging with juniors isn't a viable option, and college hockey won't be leaving the NCAA.
            PSNetwork / XBOX GamerTag: xJeris
            Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance
            NFL: CHI; MLB: MN, NYM; NHL: MN, MTL; NCAAB: MN, UNLV; NCAAF: MN, MIA; NCAAH: MN; Soccer: USA, Blackburn

Comment

Only last year any suggestion of college hockey leaving the NCAA would have been greeted with contempt and cheetos.
              And it still is. Except no cheetos.

Comment

• Originally posted by goldy_331 View Post
                And it still is. Except no cheetos.
                No Cheetos®? Screw it then.
                My guy is a hard-nosed hockey player who is not afraid to crash the net. Your guy is a goon who runs the goalie.

Comment

• Originally posted by Osorojo View Post
                  College hockey will benefit if it leaves the NCAA and merges with junior hockey. The recruiting raids will disappear, recruiting violations will disappear, and the cash will roll in. It's nice to see this realization is finally beginning to sink in among college hockey fans.
                  Unfortunately, for you, using a SIM post to prove your point pretty much means you're wrong...
                  Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
                  Originally posted by Quizmire
                  mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
                  MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
                  MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
                  I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

Besides merger with junior hockey what other viable options are open if college hockey leaves the NCAA? Please provide specifics, if you have any. The denials of a college-junior pro merger lack the vituperation and self-assured denials of the very recent past. I didn't start this thread. Only last year any suggestion of college hockey leaving the NCAA would have been greeted with contempt and cheetos.
                    Why would the collective here pelt you with Cheetos?? They have no heft to them at all, and they just wouldn't travel hard. I would think they would rather whip something like pretzels or perhaps some type of a large nut at you perhaps. Cashews would be about perfect I think. They would give us a decent amount of travel, along with being able to actually hit you with some consistency.
                    bueller: Why is the sunset good? Why are boobs good? Why does Positrack work? Why does Ferris lose on the road and play dead at home?

It just happens.

nmupiccdiva: I'm sorry I missed you this weekend! I thought I saw you at the football game, but I didn't want to go up to a complete stranger and ask "are you Monster?" and have it not be you!

leswp1: you need the Monster to fix you

Life is active, find Balance!massage therapy Ann Arbor

Comment

Why would the collective here pelt you with Cheetos?? They have no heft to them at all, and they just wouldn't travel hard. I would think they would rather whip something like pretzels or perhaps some type of a large nut at you perhaps. Cashews would be about perfect I think. They would give us a decent amount of travel, along with being able to actually hit you with some consistency.

I was thinking grade 5 7/8 inch nuts. it would definitely hurt, but probably not kill him.
                      XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXX

The reason for the talent in the west? Because MN didn't rely on Canada.

Originally posted by MN Pond Hockey
                      Menards could have sold a lot of rope

this morning in Grand Forks if North Dakota had trees.

Comment

Originally posted by Happy View Post
                        I was thinking grade 5 7/8 inch nuts. it would definitely hurt, but probably not kill him.
                        That's a good thought. Besides, he might have a nut allergy and cashews could pack more of a punch than what we bargain for. Might want to go to half inch ones though. we would have more of them per pound.
                        bueller: Why is the sunset good? Why are boobs good? Why does Positrack work? Why does Ferris lose on the road and play dead at home?

It just happens.

nmupiccdiva: I'm sorry I missed you this weekend! I thought I saw you at the football game, but I didn't want to go up to a complete stranger and ask "are you Monster?" and have it not be you!

Comment

Cashews would be about perfect I think.
                          Cashews are delicious. That would be a waste.

Whatever happened to throwing fruits and vegetables? Can't we bring that one back?
                          BOSTON UNIVERSITY TERRIERS
                          CASE WESTERN RESERVE UNIVERSITY SPARTANS

UNH - 1985 NCAA Women's Lacrosse Champions!

2003-2004 D-III Tournament of Posters Champion
                          2010 NFL Survival Pool Champion
                          2014 NFL Survival Pool Co-Champion

Comment

Originally posted by Rhett View Post

Whatever happened to throwing fruits and vegetables? Can't we bring that one back?
                            Not if your target has had proper training:
                            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=piWCBOsJr-w
                            My guy is a hard-nosed hockey player who is not afraid to crash the net. Your guy is a goon who runs the goalie.

Comment

Back east college hockey fans prefer fish and octopi as missiles to display their displeasure. I see the midwest fans go for fruits and nuts. It is admirable that midwest fans support the principle products of their region.

Comment

Originally posted by Rhett View Post

True, we could whip cherry pits at him. Very Michigan based product fruit product.

It just happens.

Comment

Working...
                                X