• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tater
    replied
    Re: NBC/Versus deal with College Hockey

Originally posted by JDUBBS1280 View Post
    And you're suggesting more people will tune into Versus to watch college hockey then will turn into the BTN to watch college hockey?

Again.... LAUGHABLE.
    Its not laughable, it's certainly debateable. Don't assume how things are in Minnesota are the same across the country. Versus is a complete national network and virtually every cable system carries it. Of course, its not anywhere near as watched/known as ESPN, but it is a national network nonetheless. Big 10 Network is not. Many cable systems do carry it, but some do not. For example Cox, the main cable carrier in RI, doesn't carry the channel. Comcast in Boston does have it, but unless you care about the Big Ten (most around here do not), many people may not even realize they have the channel.

Leave a comment:

• JDUBBS1280
    replied
    Originally posted by SteveF View Post
    If no one is watching then where are the advertising dollars come from? You need a more consistent message
    And you're suggesting more people will tune into Versus to watch college hockey then will turn into the BTN to watch college hockey?

Again.... LAUGHABLE.

Leave a comment:

• JDUBBS1280
    replied

Indeed. The Minnesota Wild played Colorado in the playoffs on April 12, 2003.

2003 NHL Playoffs

Leave a comment:

• SteveF
    replied
    I've been trying to explain that to these morons for two days now and they can't seem to grasp that fact. If there was such a high demand for college hockey on television, more schools would have the type of local TV contracts that schools like Minnesota and North Dakota have had for YEARS.

LAUGHABLE.
    If no one is watching then where are the advertising dollars come from? You need a more consistent message

Leave a comment:

• JDUBBS1280
    replied

And FYI... Been thinking some more about the 2003 Championships TV ratings some more.

The Minnesota Wild also made it to the 2003 NHL Western Conference Finals that year.

Maybe that explains part of it?

Leave a comment:

• JDUBBS1280
    replied
    Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
    ROTFLMAO.

No one watches hockey on Television.
    I've been trying to explain that to these morons for two days now and they can't seem to grasp that fact. If there was such a high demand for college hockey on television, more schools would have the type of local TV contracts that schools like Minnesota and North Dakota have had for YEARS.

If your a Notre Dame fan, be happy you'll get to see your team on TV more often. I get that. But these illusions of grandeur of this deal dramatically shifting the college hockey landscape are laughable.

LAUGHABLE.
    Last edited by JDUBBS1280; 10-21-2011, 03:52 PM.

Leave a comment:

• ScoobyDoo
    replied

Originally posted by ND Hockey View Post
    Versus is in about 75 million households. BTN is in about 40 million. I know which network will provide more exposure, hands down.
    ROTFLMAO.

No one watches hockey on Television.

Leave a comment:

• JDUBBS1280
    replied
    Originally posted by SteveF View Post
    100% of a little is still a little
    "a little"

LOL!

Leave a comment:

• SteveF
    replied
    And I think you're missing one really key point... The Big Ten owns their own network, so they get 100% of the advertising revenue. That's just more money to throw into their programs.
    100% of a little is still a little

Leave a comment:

• JDUBBS1280
    replied

And I think you're missing one really key point... The Big Ten owns their own network, so they get 100% of the advertising revenue. That's just more money to throw into their programs.

Leave a comment:

• JDUBBS1280
    replied
    Originally posted by ND Hockey View Post
    Versus is in about 75 million households. BTN is in about 40 million. I know which network will provide more exposure, hands down.
    Great, but how many of those households really matter? You act like most of this country is clamoring for college hockey. Hockey is a niche sport in this country, and college hockey is even more so.

Most of those households in the Midwest, where hockey interest is arguably strongest in this country, will be far more likely to tune in to watch the Big Ten schools they are used to.

Not to mention, as I stated before, the move East will undoubtedly effect Notre Dame's recruiting. It will surely open the door to more opportunities out East, but it will certainly make it more difficult to recruit out West (especially in Minnesota). And Notre Dame's recruiting foot print has largely been in the West up until now.

Personally, I'm glad they are moving East. Had they moved into the Big Ten or the NCHC, I think they would have a had a much better chance of winning recruiting battles with us.

Leave a comment:

• ND Hockey
    replied

Leave a comment:

• JDUBBS1280
    replied
    Originally posted by Priceless View Post
    Why would I possibly want to go back to Milwaukee?
    If you wanted to be in a quality hockey town, you probably wouldn't want to. But I'm not talking about Milwaukee, I'm talking about the Mecca
    Last edited by JDUBBS1280; 10-21-2011, 02:58 PM.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

I'm sure we'll see you at the Mecca sometime soon
    Why would I possibly want to go back to Milwaukee?

Leave a comment:

• JDUBBS1280
    replied
    Originally posted by Priceless View Post
    Plus we had all those fans in California tuning in

Amazing that you guys are still going at it. Let the guy from Minnesota think they're awesome...we know the truth
    LOL! We know we're hated, and that only feeds the ego. So keep it up!

I'm sure we'll see you at the Mecca sometime soon
    Last edited by JDUBBS1280; 10-21-2011, 02:33 PM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X