Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: NBC/Versus deal with College Hockey

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
    I suspect that one limiting factor is which rinks have the space for enough cameras.
    I love this argument. CSTV (back in the day) televised the CHA Tourney Championship game every year. They did it from Niagara's rink and from the USHL rink in Des Moines, IA. Then Bemidji State hosted at Grand Rapids (MN)'s IRA Civic Center, which is by no means "TV friendly." What am I saying? If a station wants to do a game from somewhere, they can figure out how to make it happen...
    Current NCAA D-I rinks I've been to:

AHA:
    B1G: UMich, MSU, UMinn, Notre Dame, OSU, UWisc
    CCHA: BSU, BG, FSU, LSSU, MSU, MTU, NMU
    ECAC:
    HEA: UMass
    NCHC: Miami, UMD, UND, SCSU, WMU
    Independant: ASU

Inactive: UAH, ASU, BSU, UMD, UND, NMU, Notre Dame

Comment

• Originally posted by goldy_331 View Post
      It's that huge TV market in Nebraska for hockey.
      I love this thread.

Comment

Originally posted by goldy_331 View Post
        Must be that big name brand of the NCHC at work.
        University of Minnesota

Twitter: Hammy Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by goldy_331 View Post
          There are 2 things that happened here...

Someone at NBC doesn't know:
          Hockey =/ Football
          and
          Omaha =/ Cornhuskers
          Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

I think it's just that they can find Omaha and Denver on maps and/or signs on the highway. The rest are in South Bend or the northeast, where they already know how to get there. The rest is "Where the fark is Kalamazoo/Duluth/Houghton/Bemidji/Oxford/etc? Let's go do a game in Boston again."

It's NBC, after all.
            "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
              There are 2 things that happened here...

Someone at NBC doesn't know:
              Hockey =/ Football
              and
              Omaha =/ Cornhuskers
              Shhhh. I can't wait to hear the announcers screw that one up and comment how the 'Huskers look good with the puck, and what a wonderful venue the Qwest Center is in Lincoln, Nebraska.

Originally posted by bronconick View Post
              I think it's just that they can find Omaha and Denver on maps and/or signs on the highway. The rest are in South Bend or the northeast, where they already know how to get there. The rest is "Where the fark is Kalamazoo/Duluth/Houghton/Bemidji/Oxford/etc? Let's go do a game in Boston again."

It's NBC, after all.
              http://www.jtbourne.com/puck-daddy/
              Waiting for a Contract
              -by Justin Bourne

There’s just no feeling like not knowing which city, league or state you’re going to be a part of just a couple weeks from now. For the low-level player, it can get pretty obscure. Which ECHL team called? Wait, Kalamazoo is a real place? I need a map.
              “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Originally posted by bronconick View Post

It's NBC, after all.
                They're doing two games at RPI. Do you know where that is? Don't look it up.

Comment

• Originally posted by manurespreader View Post
                  How is the money going to be divided up? Will BC/BU end up with the lions share or will all HE teams share Equally? Or just what.?
                  How much money is NBC paying the league?!? I read through this twice to make sure I didn't skip over it... But still came up empty.
                  a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                    How much money is NBC paying the league?!? I read through this twice to make sure I didn't skip over it... But still came up empty.
                    Whatever it is can't be much. I doubt we'll ever get anything official about how much it is.

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                    New York City.

Right? Right? Oh ****, it's WHERE?

Comment

RPI is usually listed between PWR and KRACH
                      tUMD is Jan Brady per Brenthoven. Whew.... thanks for clearing THAT up.

Best USCHO quotes to date:

"UND/DU will realize that their party sucks, because the easterners only want to drink Zima." - BPH

"It is too bad that aaron marvin was a senior so he can't go after the rest of the sioux". - bigblue_dl

"I would rather play the blackhawks than you right now." - dogs2012

Comment

Originally posted by SCSU Euro View Post
                        RPI is usually listed between PWR and KRACH
                        Not if they are in alphabetical order.
                        sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                          Quite possibly nothing. I know the last few years that CART/Champ Car existed they were actually buying the network time to get the racing on network TV. And IIRC the first couple of years post lockout NBC was showing the NHL, they weren't paying for that either. The NHL was willing to trade the national TV exposure for a handful of games in the season's second half and weekends during the playoffs for what little money they would have commanded from a paying customer who offered less exposure.

Comment

Well, NBC / VS might take a bigger role in college hockey if this goes down:
                            http://www.ncaa.org/wps/wcm/connect/...0News%20Direct
                            CCT '77 & '78
                            4 kids
                            5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                            1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                            - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                              Well, NBC / VS might take a bigger role in college hockey if this goes down:
                              http://www.ncaa.org/wps/wcm/connect/...0News%20Direct
                              This was something I mentioned in Bear Red's thread about promoting the game, in that it would be terrific if NBC/Versus went after the rights to the Frozen Four, as it would really show their commitment to hockey. Not that they haven't shown a commitment already...

Comment

This was something I mentioned in Bear Red's thread about promoting the game, in that it would be terrific if NBC/Versus went after the rights to the Frozen Four, as it would really show their commitment to hockey. Not that they haven't shown a commitment already...
                                The big question is if NBC doesn't get involved does the Frozen Four get secondary status to the Women's Final Four on ESPN and affiliates and get put on a tape delayed basis in the middle of the night. Anyone know how long ESPN holds the rights to NCAA post-season play?
                                DU HOCKEY 1958 1960 1961 1968 1969 2004 2005 2017 NCAA CHAMPIONS

DU SKIING 1954 1955 1956 1957 1961 1962 1963 1964 1965 1966 1967 1969 1970 1971 2000 2001 2002 2005 2008 2009 2010 2014 2016 2018 NCAA CHAMPIONS

DU LACROSSE 2015 NCAA CHAMPIONS

MATT CARLE WINNER OF 2006 HOBEY BAKER AWARD

Geoff Paukovich: That's why I came to Denver, to beat CC.

Comment

Working...
                                X