NBC/Versus deal with College Hockey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Dirty View Post
    The game was tied 1-1 until midway through the 3rd. It was not a blowout. The Gophers certainly pulled away in the second half of the 3rd, but it was a close game for a majority of the time.
    I know. I watched the game. Still doesn't change the fact that it wasn't expected by many to be close, and ultimately wasn't.

More importantly, it doesn't change the fact that we were part of the most widely watched college hockey game in NCAA Tournament history.

And that bothers you, which is what this is really about

Comment

• Re: NBC/Versus deal with College Hockey

Originally posted by Dirty View Post
      The game was tied 1-1 until midway through the 3rd. It was not a blowout. The Gophers certainly pulled away in the second half of the 3rd, but it was a close game for a majority of the time.
      Obviously we watched a different game than JDubbs. In fact, we watched an entire different season of hockey.
      North Dakota
      National Champions: 1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000, 2016

Comment

• Originally posted by Fighting Sioux 23 View Post
        Obviously we watched a different game than JDubbs. In fact, we watched an entire different season of hockey.
        You make no sense.

Don't you have another ******** formula to work on?

Comment

Originally posted by JDUBBS1280 View Post
          I know. I watched the game. Still doesn't change the fact that it wasn't expected by many to be close, and ultimately wasn't.

More importantly, it doesn't change the fact that we were part of the most widely watched college hockey game in NCAA Tournament history.

And that bothers you, which is what this is really about
          I don't think anyone cares about who was in the most widely watched college hockey game in NCAA Tournament history. You don't see Maine fans gloating about it. Man, the Gopher program has crashed worse than I thought...beating their chests about viewership stats from 10 years ago.
          North Dakota

Comment

No, the most important thing is that I had Old Chicago Pizza today.
            Last edited by Dirty; 10-20-2011, 09:38 PM.
            Hollywood Hair Care Tip for Infinity (Directly from Hollywood himself)
            when its minus 20 and u have to go outside.. make sure u wear a winter hat as the mohawk does not enjoy the winter weathe(r)
            Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

I don't think anyone cares about who was in the most widely watched college hockey game in NCAA Tournament history. You don't see Maine fans gloating about it. Man, the Gopher program has crashed worse than I thought...beating their chests about viewership stats from 10 years ago.
              You clearly didn't take the time to read the entire thread to understand the context in which this discussion came up (If you did, You'd know that I didn't bring it up). Instead, you decided it best to blindly interject your opinion into a discussion you don't fully understand.

Congratulations for being absolutely clueless.

Comment

Originally posted by MissSioux85 View Post
                It sounds like the 2011 Frozen Four will shift those rankings a bit.

A few stats from the NCAA Hockey twitter account:
                I find that hard to believe. If indeed 3.2 million people watched, it will be the highest watched game by over 1 million people.

Must be a different rating system.

Wouldn't completely surprise me if it took over second though, as UMD has been waiting forever for a championship and a lot of Gopher, Sioux, Badger fans were cheering for them too.
                I believe the 3.2 million is for the three games combined. Notice it says "Frozen Four," not "Championship Game."

Comment

• Originally posted by Brian Gentry View Post
                  I believe the 3.2 million is for the three games combined. Notice it says "Frozen Four," not "Championship Game."
                  Gotcha. Thanks

Comment

You clearly didn't take the time to read the entire thread to understand the context in which this discussion came up (If you did, You'd know that I didn't bring it up). Instead, you decided it best to blindly interject your opinion into a discussion you don't fully understand.

Congratulations for being absolutely clueless.
                    I chimed in when you started talking about how Minnesota was expected to blowout New Hampshire and that is why nobody tuned into that game. I've since proven you were wrong about that, and you have not come up with a valid reason for why so few wanted to watch that Frozen Four.

Consider your point thoroughly destroyed.
                    North Dakota

Comment

I chimed in when you started talking about how Minnesota was expected to blowout New Hampshire and that is why nobody tuned into that game. I've since proven you were wrong about that, and you have not come up with a valid reason for why so few wanted to watch that Frozen Four.

Consider your point thoroughly destroyed.
                      Many at the time believed Minnesota would. And although the game was close until late, they ultimately did.

Posting one preview doesn't prove anything.

Now if you would go back and read the entire conversation, you'd have a better understanding of how this fits into the context of the discussion.

Comment

And FYI... Your argument was "thoroughly destroyed" the second you used a statement as childish and lame as "thoroughly destroyed".

Comment

Many at the time believed Minnesota would. And although the game was close until late, they ultimately did.

Now if you would go back and read the entire conversation, you'd have a better understanding of how this fits into the context of the discussion.
                          I don't have that kind of time right now. If you would, please provide one legit article stating that Minnesota would destroy New Hampshire. If not, then I'll take that as a concession to my point, and wait for you to come up with a new point to base your argument on.
                          North Dakota

Comment

I don't have that kind of time right now. If you would, please provide one legit article stating that Minnesota would destroy New Hampshire. If not, then I'll take that as a concession to my point, and wait for you to come up with a new point to base your argument on.
                            If you don't have the time to read this thread and understand the context of this point in the discussion, I sure as hell am not going to take the time to look for a nearly decade old article to prove an arbitrary point that was nothing more than a side discussion in a larger discussion.

We remember it differently. Let's agree to disagree and move on.

Comment

Everyone who even bothers to talk to JDubbs should wear this shirt.
                              *****http://img820.imageshack.us/img820/3039/fileoj.png******
                              Hollywood Hair Care Tip for Infinity (Directly from Hollywood himself)
                              when its minus 20 and u have to go outside.. make sure u wear a winter hat as the mohawk does not enjoy the winter weathe(r)
                              Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

• Dirty is Obsessed with the Gophers

Last edited by JDUBBS1280; 10-20-2011, 10:08 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X