Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: NBC/Versus deal with College Hockey

Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
    Head to Head? How about results like conference championships, tournament championships, ncaa tournament appearances, frozen four appearances, ncaa championships? They haven't done **** in 4 seasons...thats a pretty bad stretch for the Gophers and I don't see it getting better this year.
    While I won't defend RinkPig, some of these stats Minnesota ranks very high in.
    PSNetwork / XBOX GamerTag: xJeris
    Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance
    NFL: CHI; MLB: MN, NYM; NHL: MN, MTL; NCAAB: MN, UNLV; NCAAF: MN, MIA; NCAAH: MN; Soccer: USA, Blackburn

Comment

Originally posted by JF_Gophers View Post
      Don't bother. They got a new coach and are a perennial powerhouse.
      the state of hockey is good

Comment

Head to Head? How about results like conference championships, tournament championships, ncaa tournament appearances, frozen four appearances, ncaa championships? They haven't done **** in 4 seasons...thats a pretty bad stretch for the Gophers and I don't see it getting better this year.
        WCHA Champs = 12
        WCHA Tourney champs = 14
        NCAA Appearances = 32
        Frozen Fours = 19
        5 NCAA Championships

Comment

Originally posted by state of hockey View Post
          Don't bother. They got a new coach and are a perennial powerhouse.
          Originally posted by SanTropez View Post
          WCHA Champs = 12
          WCHA Tourney champs = 14
          NCAA Appearances = 32
          Frozen Fours = 19
          5 NCAA Championships
          I'm not talking about History, since every keeps telling me I can't talk about history...I'm talking about how there are plenty of programs that are surpassing Minnesota NOW, in the present. Minnesota is no longer the "Pride on Ice" They have been falling off significantly for 4 seasons now. They are getting surpassed by a school like Minnesota-Duluth. They are definitely currently behind North Dakota, Wisconsin and Denver. Colorado College certainly seems to be doing better of late and is expected to be top 3 this year. Minnesota is producing the championship caliber teams it was in the early part of the last decade. This isn't about a Michigan Tech fan saying Minnesota sucks, this is about pointing out the reality that Minnesota is slipping while other programs jump ahead of them in caliber on the ice. If UMD gets some consistency, they most certainly will be the best program in Minnesota. Its pretty obvious to this outside observer.
          Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

I'm not talking about History, since every keeps telling me I can't talk about history...I'm talking about how there are plenty of programs that are surpassing Minnesota NOW, in the present.
            Even last year is considered History. If we are talking about the present, then all of the teams are equal. As their records are 0-0-0.

Oh and outsider? Don't you live in MN...
            Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance
            NFL: CHI; MLB: MN, NYM; NHL: MN, MTL; NCAAB: MN, UNLV; NCAAF: MN, MIA; NCAAH: MN; Soccer: USA, Blackburn

Comment

Even last year is considered History. If we are talking about the present, then all of the teams are equal. As their records are 0-0-0.

Oh and outsider? Don't you live in MN...
              Sure I live here, but I'm not a fan of any of the teams that I think are surpassing Minnesota, in fact because of the B1G and NCHC, I hate all of them.
              Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Nonsense. Some history, of course, is allowed. Only the last four years though.

Comment

I think we should change the subject.

Let's talk about UAA and UA_.
                  Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance

Comment

Originally posted by state of hockey View Post
                    Nonsense. Some history, of course, is allowed. Only the last four years, though.
                    Look at the trend, you want to ignore the fact that from 2000 to 2007 the gophers won no less than 27 games under Lucia. In the last 4 years they haven't cracked 20 wins yet. Woog was fired after 2 seasons like that. Its a sad trend that doesn't show much of a chance of improving this year. Feel free to ignore that if you want.

Comment

• Re: NBC/Versus deal with College Hockey

Just got a text message from College Hockey News: "[CHN News Alert] Versus Nears Deal to Televise College Hockey"

Link to article: http://www.collegehockeynews.com/new...o_televise.php
                      Atlantic Hockey Composite schedule: www.tinyurl.com/AHAcomp2
                      College Hockey America (Women) Composite Schedule: www.tinyurl.com/CHAWcomp

RIT Tigers
                      Men's Atlantic Hockey Champions 2010 2015 2016
                      Men's Frozen Four 2010
                      Women's College Hockey America Champions 2014 2015
                      Women's DIII National Champions 2012

Comment

I'm not ignoring anything. It is a trend that annoys and worries me, no doubt.

But, I don't think a program finally doing something once that Minnesota has done five times, and two times in the previous ten seasons, means they are a better program.

Have they had a better team on the ice recently? Sure.

Comment

Originally posted by RinkPig View Post
                          Which teams might that be? The Gophers have a winning head to head record against every team in the WCHA with the exception of UNO (only played 3 games).

against the Sue - Gophs are 141–128–14
                          against Becky - 152–85–20
                          against DU - 93–70–12

and against Shirtless Guy's Techies - 172–77–15....ouch!
                          But you've also lost 2 national championship games to EZAC teams.

Comment

If UMD gets some consistency, they most certainly will be the best program in Minnesota.
                            tUMD could win the next two NCs as well, and kids from MN will still rather play at the U than 3-time defending NC tUMD.

Look at the trend, you want to ignore the fact that from 2000 to 2007 the gophers won no less than 27 games under Lucia. In the last 4 years they haven't cracked 20 wins yet. Woog was fired after 2 seasons like that.
                            I'd say winning back-to-back NCs gets your more slack than Woog ever had.
                            tUMD is Jan Brady per Brenthoven. Whew.... thanks for clearing THAT up.

Best USCHO quotes to date:

"UND/DU will realize that their party sucks, because the easterners only want to drink Zima." - BPH

"It is too bad that aaron marvin was a senior so he can't go after the rest of the sioux". - bigblue_dl

"I would rather play the blackhawks than you right now." - dogs2012

Comment

I'm not talking about History, since every keeps telling me I can't talk about history...I'm talking about how there are plenty of programs that are surpassing Minnesota NOW, in the present. Minnesota is no longer the "Pride on Ice" They have been falling off significantly for 4 seasons now. They are getting surpassed by a school like Minnesota-Duluth. They are definitely currently behind North Dakota, Wisconsin and Denver. Colorado College certainly seems to be doing better of late and is expected to be top 3 this year. Minnesota is producing the championship caliber teams it was in the early part of the last decade. This isn't about a Michigan Tech fan saying Minnesota sucks, this is about pointing out the reality that Minnesota is slipping while other programs jump ahead of them in caliber on the ice. If UMD gets some consistency, they most certainly will be the best program in Minnesota. Its pretty obvious to this outside observer.
                              4 bad years doesn't mean jack. If you really think this is a trend and the Gophers won't dominate college hockey again, you are insane and know nothing about sports! Every program has down years...I suppose you think Michigan will never be good at football again too??

UMD will never surpass the Gophs as the best MN team...ever, ever, ever, ever!! Once ever few years maybe they will have a better team than us...but the Gophers do not lose recruiting battles with UMD for the best MN kids, and that will never change...recruiting is guess work which allows teams like UMD and SCSU to be better from time to time. But, over time the Gophs will always come out on top.

Comment

Originally posted by RinkPig View Post
                                4 bad years doesn't mean jack. If you really think this is a trend and the Gophers won't dominate college hockey again, you are insane and know nothing about sports! Every program has down years...I suppose you think Michigan will never be good at football again too??

UMD will never surpass the Gophs as the best MN team...ever, ever, ever, ever!! Once ever few years maybe they will have a better team than us...but the Gophers do not lose recruiting battles with UMD for the best MN kids, and that will never change...recruiting is guess work which allows teams like UMD and SCSU to be better from time to time. But, over time the Gophs will always come out on top.
                                Now that Hill is gone and Mike G. is back, you are more right than wrong. The Gophs can now see some light and will be on the upswing.

Comment

Working...
                                X