How is that even a debate?

Comment

• Re: NBC/Versus deal with College Hockey

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
      How is that even a debate?
      I'm sure JDUBBS will find a way

Comment

• Originally posted by Priceless View Post
        The Wild played that night? I guess the Sports Illustrated writer whose game recap was time-stamped at 7:58PM must have been clairvoyant.
        And the box score was time stamped at just before midnight. Find better proof it was a day game.

Comment

• Originally posted by J.D. View Post
          Is there any one point being debated here in this craptastic thread?
          Yes, the premise brought up by a Notre Dame fan that this TV deal will give Notre Dame a significant competitive advantage. Which, I contest, isn't true.

Comment

Originally posted by JDUBBS1280 View Post
            And the box score was time stamped at just before midnight. Find better proof it was a day game.
            You find better proof that it was a night game, and that the SI writer was recapping a game that hadn't been played yet.

Comment

Jesus t1ts, it was a 3pm et game. Boxscores are always edited after the fact as game tapes are reviewed. Are you always this hard-headed?! http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/recap?gameId=230412017
              Last edited by cetihcra; 10-22-2011, 04:03 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by cetihcra View Post
                Jesus t1ts, it was a 3pm et game. Boxscores are always edited after the fact as game tapes are reviewed. Are you always this hard-headed?!
                Apparently. Hey, but ESPN could be lying, or it was a typo, and the game started at 3:00PM Alaskan time.

Comment

• Originally posted by cetihcra View Post
                  Jesus t1ts, it was a 3pm et game. Boxscores are always edited after the fact as game tapes are reviewed. Are you always this hard-headed?! http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/recap?gameId=230412017
                  Am I always so hard headed? I wasn't the one who brought this God **** point up, and I'm not the one who is keeping the God **** subject alive. How many God **** times do I have to say that?

This has NOTHING to do with the point I was making, which is that fewer people will watch the games on versus than will watch the games on the BTN.

Comment

Am I always so hard headed? I wasn't the one who brought this God **** point up, and I'm not the one who is keeping the God **** subject alive. How many God **** times do I have to say that?
                    You weren't?
                    And FYI... Been thinking some more about the 2003 Championships TV ratings some more.

The Minnesota Wild also made it to the 2003 NHL Western Conference Finals that year.

Maybe that explains part of it?
                    Edit: And we aren't "keeping it alive" as much as pointing out that you're wrong, which you've been arguing against and still haven't admitted that you were, in fact, WRONG.
                    Last edited by Priceless; 10-22-2011, 05:09 PM.

Comment

Yes, the premise brought up by a Notre Dame fan that this TV deal will give Notre Dame a significant competitive advantage. Which, I contest, isn't true.
                      Fair enough. I think it absolutely gives them an advantage--won't go as far to call it significant though. I think their biggest advantage is tied into the move to HE. They only have one kid from New England on their roster and it's a non-impact player. I think they'll be able to grab the occasional big recruit from New England as a result of all this.

Comment

JD - I absolutely agree that it will help them recruit out East, but it will hurt their recruiting out West IMO, and that is Notre Dame's recruiting base presently.

When I get home, I will post a list of all Minnesota college commitments and you can see, first hand, how few go East to play.

Comment

The Duke of ECAC Hockey writers, Ken Schott, has reported on the games that Versus/NBC Sports has chosen to televise this year:

http://www.dailygazette.com/weblogs/...ckey-tv-sched/

Comment

the big surprise here is that NESN appears to have lost the Hockey East tourney
                            they have not yet announced which games they will televise this year except for the 3 BU games that
                            the school sponsors
                            Still assume they will have Fridays and the Beanpot

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                              The Duke of ECAC Hockey writers, Ken Schott, has reported on the games that Versus/NBC Sports has chosen to televise this year:

http://www.dailygazette.com/weblogs/...ckey-tv-sched/
                              Didn't they say they would broadcast every conference at least twice? I don't see an AHA game in there. You would think that the military academies would draw some interest.
                              2006-07 Atlantic Hockey Champions!
                              2008-09 Atlantic Hockey Co-Champions!
                              2009-10 Atlantic Hockey Champions!
                              2010 Frozen Four participant
                              2010-11 Atlantic Hockey Champions!

Member of the infamous Corner Crew

Comment

Originally posted by DLG View Post
                                the big surprise here is that NESN appears to have lost the Hockey East tourney
                                they have not yet announced which games they will televise this year except for the 3 BU games that
                                the school sponsors
                                Still assume they will have Fridays and the Beanpot
                                From Twitter:

hockey_east Hockey East
                                Just to clarify, NBC Sports Net owns the national rights to our tournament coverage, we hope to announce our local rights in the near future
                                Charter Member of darin's "UML Seven"

"I just hate Boston College to be perfectly honest'' -Ken Dorsey
                                "It's time for my favorite NCAA tradition ... that's right, rooting against BC!" -Bill Simmons

Comment

Working...
                                X