Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Alaska Anchorage @ Minnesota 10/30/09-11/1/09

Originally posted by Stauber1 View Post
    It was the only reason he called a time out.

I thought Sunday was a very entertaining game. It was fairly even, lots of back and forth action, very few whistles, very cleanly played yet still physical. The biggest difference seemed to be Kangas made a couple saves that Christianson didn't, and the Gophers capitalized on a couple opportunities better than the Seawolves did. Special teams also looked much better for MN that UAA.
    I don't understand the UAA fans complaining about their team. They played MUCH better than they did Friday night.
    I thought the Gophers were kind of just letting it hang out so to speak, in that they were sacrificing some defensive play through the neutral zone in exchange for a bit more of an offensive minded mentality. And I don't mind it; they went up by 2 after the first, they have been having trouble scoring lately, Knagas was looking strong, so why not try to get a few more goals and build some offensive confidence? But if they try to play that style against some of the better teams in the league (like Wisco this coming weekend) it might not work as well.
    I tend to agree with your assessment (although I was occasionally switching to the football game so didn't have as good of a feel for this game. However, I would give the AA goalie a little more credit. Kangas played great and made a few saves which prevented a potential momentum shift that could have made it a closer game. And while the AA goalie didn't play quite as well, he did have a few big saves that if he didn't make the stop, could have opened the game up for MN.

Can't wait to see what they can manage against the WI D.

Comment

It seemed like the Gophers were avoiding contact to try to poke the puck away and start a rush. It worked quite often in the first, but the Seawolves turned a number of them into pretty solid chances in the second and third. Personally, I would have appreciated the Minnesota players taking the body more frequently. It will be a better approach against the Badgers.
      "...and that only took six seconds!"

Comment

Originally posted by Stauber1 View Post
        I don't understand the UAA fans complaining about their team. They played MUCH better than they did Friday night.
        They did play much better, but they still lost 4-1. I am tired of moral victories. They don't put butts in the seats. Winning does.
        Originally Posted by aparch
        I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

Lucia was awesome in this series. Not just the goals, but the sacrifices he was making as well. With just a few minutes left and leading 5-1 and 4-1, he was still dropping down and taking slappers to the legs/gut. I like it.
          the state of hockey is good

Comment

Working...
          X