ECAC 2011-2012 pre-season discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ECAC 2011-2012 pre-season discussion

INCH is funny, they mention the four great players we have left, but forget to mention that we have 9 freshmen coming in.
    YALE HOCKEY
    2013 National Champions

Comment

Originally posted by LTsatch View Post
      INCH is funny, they mention the four great players we have left, but forget to mention that we have 9 freshmen coming in.
      They haven't suited up for Yale yet. That's probably why.
      Hockeyenthusiast

Colgate Class of '03

-I saw Andy McDonald play at Starr Rink.

Comment

Originally posted by hockeyenthusiast View Post
        They haven't suited up for Yale yet. That's probably why.
        I don't think he was suggesting they should have written about the 9 frosh . . . I think he meant that Yale will be very young, and though we have some high end guys returning, hard to imagine Yale as the #4 team in the country in October.

Comment

Originally posted by YalePuck View Post
          I don't think he was suggesting they should have written about the 9 frosh . . . I think he meant that Yale will be very young, and though we have some high end guys returning, hard to imagine Yale as the #4 team in the country in October.
          Exactly!
          YALE HOCKEY
          2013 National Champions

Comment

I guess what I was thinking is that our impact players(scorers) with the exception of One senior(Smith) are sophs a junior and hopefully Two frosh Wilson and Lidgett, and of course Michalik a soph.

Bourdon 28 pts...Bartliff 28 points, both Jrs and Wagner 19 points were playing incredible hockey the second half. Did you see them in the playoffs against Union and RPI ??

Price is only a soph 19 points was by far our best defenseman in the playoffs. Of the seniors, two are goalies, Prockow 14 points, then Firman 6 points, Nasca 3 points and Mcpherson and McNamara are both defensemen.

With Michalik our starting tender only a soph, I was thinking we're a young team with most of our scoring players back next year with the exception of Smith.

Wilson and 17 yr old Lidgett are very highly regarded and will contribute as freshmen. Thinking the Raiders will win some of those one goal losses (10) and we'll be right there !
            Last edited by sshablak; 08-02-2011, 07:08 AM.
            It all starts with the goaltending.

Comment

Seems like a pretty wide open conference this year. I wouldn't have picked Union and Yale so high but then again...

Here are my questions:

1. How much longer can Donato hang on at Harvard if he keeps recruiting well and they continue to struggle. He must be on notice by now.
              2. Will RPI have a reliable goalie?
              3. How many more narcoleptics will Cornell's style of play create?
              4. Will any of the ECAC teams be strong enough to compete for a #1 seed?

Comment

Originally posted by fishcore12 View Post
                RPI is going to finish last or 11th...win the first round playoff series, upset #1 or #2 seed in quarterfinals and....oh wait that happened to us the last two years...
                Could be worse, you could be Dartmouth and be the last team out of the NCAA tournament three times in a decade. Last year they had no one to blame but themselves - if they beat Clarkson at home on senior night, they were in. The year they missed out so UNO could go and get blown out 8-1 or 9-2 or some crap like that...I'm still bitter (the math got it wrong).
                Last edited by unofan; 08-02-2011, 09:33 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by unofan View Post
                  Could be worse, you could be Dartmouth and be the last team out of the NCAA tournament three times in a decade.
                  You must have missed us in the '90s.
                  Keep an open mind. Just don't be so open-minded that your brain falls out.

Comment

Bets are open on the first coach this year to receive a one-game suspension for comments on asinine reffing. Pole to arrive soon.

Comment

oops
                      Last edited by sshablak; 08-03-2011, 06:55 AM.
                      It all starts with the goaltending.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                        The global your. The logic applies to all conferences. Somebody in the NCHC is going to be really disappointed by reality.
                        We know that all too well. I think that's why they're shooting for a smaller conference size, leaves room for non-conference cupcake scheduling to save their respective PWR.

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                        Do you think that NCHC fans stoop to read ECAC threads?
                        I've been known to go slumming from time-to-time. Just have to be sure to use protection, otherwise you end up with a nasty case of Big Green on your Crimson Dutchman.
                        University of Minnesota Duluth Bulldogs
                        2007 Alumni
                        WCHA Regular Season Champions: 1984, 1985, 1993
                        WCHA Tournament Champions: 1984, 1985, 2009
                        NCAA Appearances: 1983, 1984, 1985, 1993, 2004, 2009, 2011
                        Frozen Four Appearances: 1984, 1985, 2004, 2011
                        National Champions: 2011

Comment

Greg Carvel comes home to be Joe Marsh's AC.

http://northcountrynow.com/news-spor...y-coach-034062

Already noted on the SLU thread,but just wanted to bring it in here because this is a great hire!

And I'd say that even if I wasn't totally biased.
                          Last edited by morleyguy; 08-03-2011, 07:28 PM.
                          It's a shame that the level that these kids play at on the ice can't be replicated by the effort of the officials.-FireKnight

Comment

Working...
                          X