Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ECAC 2011-2012 pre-season discussion

Originally posted by joecct View Post
    The global your. The logic applies to all conferences. Somebody in the NCHC is going to be really disappointed by reality.
    Do you think that NCHC fans stoop to read ECAC threads?
    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
      The RPI thread gets a couple check-ins from Denver fans.

Comment

Originally posted by vicb View Post
        Fear THE NORTH COUNTRY
        Boy, I hope so!
        Not a real doctor, nor do I play one on TV!
        Clarkson 1990

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
          Only if a Yale fan starts it! Oh BTW the thread must contain the word "circles" in the title. They should chime in at any moment.
          YALE HOCKEY
          2013 National Champions

Comment

Originally posted by LynahFan View Post
            5th seed = back in the pack in my book. You may disagree with that characterization, but either way it is certainly not "top 3."
            I admit it, I laughed.

At you.
            Keep an open mind. Just don't be so open-minded that your brain falls out.

Comment

I think Brown's success is contingent upon whether or not we get home ice. If we do, we can heap praise on Brendan Whittet. If not...it'll still probably be better than anything from the Grillo years, so who cares?

Comment

Everybody has Cornell penciled in as a top 3 team, but with ten incoming players, including 5 or 6 starting forwards, that's going to be an enormous simultaneous adjustment to D-1 and the Soul-Devouring System (TM), questions about chemistry, musical linemates, etc. They have a lot of talent and will sort it all out by March, but they could be in for another rough start.

It will be fun to finally see Hudon, Dias and Ryan actually skating for us after several years of hype.
                Last edited by Kepler; 07-26-2011, 09:38 AM.
                Cornell University
                National Champion 1967, 1970
                ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Pre-season prediction: November 15th: RPI gets a game-tying goal with 00.2 seconds remaining in the third period.

Comment

INCH is high on two ECAC squads for 2011-12 with the offense each team returns...

Yale at 4, Union at 6

http://insidecollegehockey.com/inch/.../26/10teams12/

Comment

Colgate was an enigma last year, they were in most games and had Ten one goal losses playing a three goalie system. Once Michalik won the starting job they went 8-4-1 with incredible upsets of RPI and Union on the road in the playoffs. There were locker room probs that I hope have been rectified.

With Mihalik (soph) back for three years and if he continues his outstanding play, I can't not see them being at least a home ice first round team, or better. Lost Day, Poplawski and Brisebois only and have a good recruiting class coming in. Alot of experience and still a very young team.
                      It all starts with the goaltending.

Comment

I'm sorry Shabby, but I don't think 9 seniors, 8 juniors, 4 sophomores, and 5 freshmen make a young team. This is an old and mostly experienced one.
                        Hockeyenthusiast

Colgate Class of '03

-I saw Andy McDonald play at Starr Rink.

Comment

RPI is going to finish last or 11th...win the first round playoff series, upset #1 or #2 seed in quarterfinals and....oh wait that happened to us the last two years...
                          Loyality means sticking with a thing in good and bad times. Not willing to do that, stay home, I got this.

Comment

Originally posted by fishcore12 View Post
                            RPI is going to finish last or 11th...win the first round playoff series, upset #1 or #2 seed in quarterfinals and....oh wait that happened to us the last two years...
                            Three years ago we came one game from doing that ourselves.

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                              Three years ago we came one game from doing that ourselves.
                              Moral of the story: *****ing and whining gets RESULTS.
                              Keep an open mind. Just don't be so open-minded that your brain falls out.

Comment

Originally posted by Red Cloud View Post
                                Moral of the story: *****ing and whining gets RESULTS.
                                Better moral: The ECAC regular season means about as much as the points on "Whose Line is it Anyway?".

Comment

Working...
                                X