Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Notre Dame to join Big Ten?

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
    Freddy Meyer will hack Notre Dame AND the Big Ten before this ever happens.
    Perhaps all of those little pieces left afterward can join the CCHA, to save that conference!

Comment

Originally posted by Sean Pickett View Post
      It would seem that Notre Dame is courting the NCHC, Hockey East and B1G to see which one will give it the largest dowry. Hockey East doesn’t need another team like the WCHA did and therefore can wait to see what develops. It appears that the NCHC has several other teams also wanting to join it and the B1G may be able to use hockey as leverage over football.

Sean
      Using hockey for leverage over football??? Not a chance!!!
      "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

Originally posted by davyd83 View Post
        Using hockey for leverage over football??? Not a chance!!!
        I see no reason for the B1G to not try. They never had it before and now that they do I see no reason to not use it.

Sean
        Women's Hockey East Champions 2015, 2014, 2013, 2012, 2010
        Men's NCAA Champions 2009, 1995, 1978, 1972, 1971

BU Hockey Games
        BU Hockey highlights and extras
        NCAA Hockey Financials
        Women's Division I Longest Hockey Games
        I need a kidney; looking for a donor

Comment

I see no reason for the B1G to not try. They never had it before and now that they do I see no reason to not use it.

Sean
          From what I have heard, the Big Ten did try, and Notre Dame declined. Not because it preferred another hockey conference, but because it's preference to not join the Big Ten for football was stronger.

Translation: Their independent TV deal for football brings them more money than they would gain from playing in the BTHC.

Comment

Why would the Big Ten agree to this if it wasn't including football? And if there was a chance in hell of Notre Dame joining in football, Nebraska would not have just joined the conference.
            "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

Originally posted by bronconick View Post
              Why would the Big Ten agree to this if it wasn't including football? And if there was a chance in hell of Notre Dame joining in football, Nebraska would not have just joined the conference.
              From what I heard, the Big Ten put out a feeler last year (when it was rumored Penn State would be adding a men's team) to see if Notre Dame had any interest in joining the Big Ten in hockey and football. I heard the answer was, no thank you.

So, that's why we have Nebraska in the Big Ten for football and Notre Dame isn't being considered for the Big Ten in hockey.

Comment

Sean
                It's a valid point there, but I would think the Irish would laugh the big ten out of the if they tried to use the hockey team to reel in perhaps the biggest prize in college sports in ND football. They've got plenty of other options to go to than to the big ten.
                bueller: Why is the sunset good? Why are boobs good? Why does Positrack work? Why does Ferris lose on the road and play dead at home?

It just happens.

nmupiccdiva: I'm sorry I missed you this weekend! I thought I saw you at the football game, but I didn't want to go up to a complete stranger and ask "are you Monster?" and have it not be you!

leswp1: you need the Monster to fix you

Life is active, find Balance!massage therapy Ann Arbor

Comment

Once again EA has neglected to include ncaa teams in this years edition of NHL
                  http://www.ea.com/nhl/1/nhl-12-hockey-whiteboard
                  No college hockey videogame

Comment

As a conference, the Big Ten is going to want them in all sports, including football and hoops. As long as NBC keeps paying for the broadcast rights for Irish football, Notre Dame's not making the jump to the Big Ten or any other conference.

Thus, Notre Dame won't be a hockey member for a while.
                    Michigan State University Spartan Hockey
                    66 - 86 - 07
                    59 - 66 - 67 - 84 - 86 - 87 - 89 - 92 - 99 - 01 - 07
                    59 - 66 - 67 - 82 - 83 - 84 - 85 - 86 - 87 - 88 - 89 - 90 - 92 - 94 - 95 - 96 - 97 - 98 - 99 - 00 - 01 - 02 - 04 - 06 - 07 - 08 - 12

Hey, I have this Twitter thing. Follow me here.

Comment

Originally posted by 7&7 View Post
                      Once again EA has neglected to include ncaa teams in this years edition of NHL
                      http://www.ea.com/nhl/1/nhl-12-hockey-whiteboard
                      No college hockey videogame
                      Minnesota High School Hockey has a video game, so college hockey should.

http://www.thetourney11.webs.com/

Comment

My buddy is the site owner, he did one with a bunch of WCHA teams too!

Comment

Originally posted by JF_Gophers View Post
                          The best possible solution is for Notre Dame to close as a school completely so I never have to hear about them again.
                          Haaaaa...love it !
                          ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

My buddy is the site owner, he did one with a bunch of WCHA teams too!
                            AWESOME! Love the the games

Did he post the WCHA game somewhere for download?

Comment

Originally posted by JDUBBS1280 View Post
                              AWESOME! Love the the games

Did he post the WCHA game somewhere for download?
                              ill ask him about it, i hadn't realized he put up a site already, the last time i talked to him about it he was still designing the logos and things.

Comment

ill ask him about it, i hadn't realized he put up a site already, the last time i talked to him about it he was still designing the logos and things.
                                Thanks! Pass on some props to your buddy for me

Comment

Working...
                                X