is it the big schools job...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• is it the big schools job...

to make sure that the small school hockey teams are sustainable? or is there jobs to fill the small school arenas?

Re: is it the big schools job...

Is english your second language?
    My guy is a hard-nosed hockey player who is not afraid to crash the net. Your guy is a goon who runs the goalie.

Comment

Originally posted by gophfan View Post
      to make sure that the small school hockey teams are sustainable? or is there jobs to fill the small school arenas?
      Please stop.

Comment

Oh boy...
        sigpicUniversity of North Dakota, 8 time D-I Ice Hockey National Champions!

Comment

*****http://www.meh.ro/wp-content/uploads/2011/04/meh.ro7193.gif******

Don't feed the troll.

Comment

Originally posted by MavsFan View Post
            Is english your second language?
            +1
            "Through the years, we ever will acclaim........"

Comment

Yes it is, unless you're North Dakota or Denver, they only want to help out the Canadians.
              XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXX

The reason for the talent in the west? Because MN didn't rely on Canada.

Originally posted by MN Pond Hockey
              Menards could have sold a lot of rope

this morning in Grand Forks if North Dakota had trees.

Comment

Please change your user name. Now.

Comment

I think that may be a little too broad as you can't lump all big schools in together.

But I'm sure of three things:

1) It was Minnesota's job to take care of the other state schools and they didn't, instead selfishly going for the money grab.

2) It was North Dakota's job to be the stewards of the WCHA after the Gophers left, but instead they went for the money grab also.

3) Wisconsin was an innocent bystander.

Comment

3) Wisconsin was an innocent bystander.

It was Barry Freaking Alvarez that led the charge for Big Ten Hockey.
                    How can Wisconsin be thought of as an innocent bystander.

Minnesota and Michigan had expressed indifference to Big 10 due to the impact on college hockey.....

Wisconsin wanted the money.

Comment

No, it isn't their job to ensure the viability of the small programs out there, but it is in their long-term best interest. A good analogy I heard the other day in a discussion on the NFL lockout and the salary cap. While it isn't the responsibility of the Giants or Cowboys to prop up the smaller market teams in the league, without the smaller market teams the league wouldn't be as profitable and thus the Giants and Cowboys wouldn't be as profitable.

In other words, the big school college hockey programs , regardless of how big, powerful, and profitable they become, will always need opponents to play. And if you start losing programs, at some point that will hurt college hockey to the point where even the big schools will see an effect.

Comment

I feel for Minnesota. I think they got dragged in. they've been the big brother who looked out for the little guys, but now, that big brother joined the Marines and the bullies are stealing the little guys lunch money.
                        Originally posted by mtu_huskies
                        "We are not too far away from a national championship," said (John) Scott.
                        Boosh Factor 4

Originally posted by Brent Hoven
                        Yeah, but you're my favorite hag.

Comment

To Minnesota's credit, they were not the engine pushing the Big Ten train. That is a fact. Wisconsin and Ohio State were certainly driving forces in this. Ohio State has forever been trying to get fans in their rink. This was their best solution to maximize revenue for their hockey program. I'm not saying it's wrong for them but it has set back college hockey in the near term.
                          "Zero Manipulation"

Comment

Originally posted by huskyfan View Post
                            I feel for Minnesota. I think they got dragged in. they've been the big brother who looked out for the little guys, but now, that big brother joined the Marines and the bullies are stealing the little guys lunch money.
                            I'm gonna miss the chance to pick on MTU.

/arrogance

Minnesota's Pride On Ice: 1974, 1976, 1979, 2002 & 2003 NCAA National Champions

And the preacher said, you know you always have the Lord by your side
                            And I was so pleased to be informed of this that I ran
                            Twenty red lights in his honor
                            Thank you Jesus, thank you Lord

~Mick Jagger/Keith Richards

Comment

While Minnesota didn't push for it, I doubt they are sad. This will bring in revenue, no doubt. They could have just postured themselves that way to the press knowing they weren't really going to have a choice.
                              the state of hockey is good

Comment

Working...
                              X