Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Minnesota State Moorhead Dragons to call press conference at 1pm Friday July 15th.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Minnesota State Moorhead Dragons to call press conference at 1pm Friday July 15th

Good luck to Moorhead, another D1 hockey program would be a step in the right direction.

Comment

• Re: Minnesota State Moorhead Dragons to call press conference at 1pm Friday July 15th

They are asking for investors. Different sort of languange.
      Slap Shot - 444 might want to consider a restraining order.
      dggoddard - Minnesota is THE ELITE Program in all of college hockey.
      wasmania - you have to be the very best to get ice time with the great gophers!

Comment

Reasons for presser:

1. Get more donors.
        2. Update the community on their progress.

Comment

Good luck MSU-Moorhead! They are doing all this without asking for tax payers money! Kudos and good luck!

Comment

Will Mankato and Moorhead have a fight to the death for the abbreviation "MSUM?"
            St. Cloud, Minnesota: You could do worse...

It's hard to soar with the eagles when you're surrounded by turkeys.

The 2009 Poser of the Year

Comment

Originally posted by 4four4 View Post
              They are asking for investors. Different sort of languange.
              By investors, I understood it to be underwriters for the endowment. I'm quite surprised (as were the remaining Minnesota WCHA schools) by how far along they are for something two years ago was just an exploratory committee.

They see the opening and are jumping upon it. Good for them, and I hope this October that they announce that they WILL be playing and want to be part of a conference.
              “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Good luck MSU-Moorhead! They are doing all this without asking for tax payers money! Kudos and good luck!
                agreed... this would be great for the FM area

Comment

Originally posted by aparch View Post
                  Moorhead: We're going D1 hockey! ... once we complete our risk analysis, double check our expense/revenue predictions. And find a donor who has $37 mil available.

They're still years out. Unless Pegula's got a brother in the Dakotas.
                  I disagree.

They've got $15 million committed already.

They've given themselves three months to raise the other $22 million. Donors & businesses can spread the gifts over five years. Incredible to hear that with an arena already built they would need $37 million to fund the endowment for a men's & women's program.

Impressive to hear that a hockey program would be worth $12-$14 million annually to the region.

Clearly the WCHA needs to listen to these guys and consider their proposal. They've been in contact with Bemidji State. Also by potentially bringing in a men's & women's program does that give them more clout with the WCHA?

Good for them. Wish them nothing but the best of luck. Keep Bruce McLeod a million miles away from this proposal.
                  Last edited by dggoddard; 07-15-2011, 01:35 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Dude Love View Post
                    Will Mankato and Moorhead have a fight to the death for the abbreviation "MSUM?"
                    Naw...completely different. MSUMO and MSUMD
                    Go Gophers!

Comment

Moorhead used to be msum.edu, but they changed to mnstate.edu.
                      the state of hockey is good

Comment

Originally posted by aparch View Post
                        By investors, I understood it to be underwriters for the endowment. I'm quite surprised (as were the remaining Minnesota WCHA schools) by how far along they are for something two years ago was just an exploratory committee.

They see the opening and are jumping upon it. Good for them, and I hope this October that they announce that they WILL be playing and want to be part of a conference.
                        Like you said they are more along then we are lead to believe. Remember they have under estimated their money and over estimated the costs of starting a team. They need 22 million dollars. I wonder who has that type of money in the Fargo-Moorhead community?

Comment

Originally posted by 5mn_Major View Post
                          Naw...completely different. MSUMO and MSUMD
                          Both look like abbreviations for Moorhead, honestly.
                          the state of hockey is good

Comment

The purple steer v. "Scorch" the Dragon?

Steak for dinner!
                            The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

I would not want to fight Troy Jutting to the death.

Comment

Like you said they are more along then we are lead to believe. Remember they have under estimated their money and over estimated the costs of starting a team. They need 22 million dollars. I wonder who has that type of money in the Fargo-Moorhead community?
                                I've heard Ron Offutt as a major donor who will be familiar to the Fargo area people on here. I'm not sure if he's already part of the 15 million or has yet to commit though.

Comment

Working...
                                X