Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Minnesota State Moorhead Dragons to call press conference at 1pm Friday July 15th.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post
    What, besides CC?
    I suppose.
    Course I think UMD & UNO will find themselves on the bottom more often than not too.
    "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
    -Gallagher

R.I.P.
    Grandpa G. ~ Feb 11, 1918-Oct. 6, 1999
    Grandma ~ Jan 2004
    Dad ~ Nov. 4, 1958-April 21, 2008
    Grandpa S. ~ June 21, 1932-November 11, 2013

Comment

• Re: Minnesota State Moorhead Dragons to call press conference at 1pm Friday July 15th

Originally posted by The Sicatoka View Post
      Now why all the hatin' in this MSU-Moorhead thread?
      Are folks upset that the Dragons will have a 5000 seat NHL-size (been there in person) ice arena that's better than SCSU's and Mankato's?

PS - "Miss Moorhead" sounds more like a Bond girl than a Bond villain. See also: ***** Galore, Holly Goodhead, Kissy Suzuki, Tiffany Case, and (she takes) Plenty O'Toole. Of course there was the one villain-chick: Xenia Onatopp. Oh yeah, Onatopp.

EDIT: Holy crap! You can't even give the actual character name of a Bond girl here. Poor Pu$$y Galore.
      The remodelled NHC will be a lot nicer. Also, I hope they rasie the money and join the WCHA. I think that would be great for college hockey.
      I am Tommyboy, and I approve this message.

In Bob we Trust!

The Herb Brooks National Hockey Center..... I wonder who originally came up with that.

Comment

• Re: Minnesota State Moorhead Dragons to call press conference at 1pm Friday July 15th

north dakota should pay for it. its the least they could do after stabbing the wcha in the back

Comment

Originally posted by aparch View Post
          Moorhead: We're going D1 hockey! ... once we complete our risk analysis, double check our expense/revenue predictions. And find a donor who has $37 mil available.

They're still years out. Unless Pegula's got a brother in the Dakotas.
          Or a cousin perhaps.

Originally posted by dggoddard View Post
          I disagree.

They've got $15 million committed already.

They've given themselves three months to raise the other $22 million. Donors & businesses can spread the gifts over five years. Incredible to hear that with an arena already built they would need $37 million to fund the endowment for a men's & women's program.

Impressive to hear that a hockey program would be worth $12-$14 million annually to the region.

Clearly the WCHA needs to listen to these guys and consider their proposal. They've been in contact with Bemidji State. Also by potentially bringing in a men's & women's program does that give them more clout with the WCHA?

Good for them. Wish them nothing but the best of luck. Keep Bruce McLeod a million miles away from this proposal.
          True, they say that they got about 15 million already line up. I wonder if there's any commitments that would be matching the final amount raised to get the program going. Say mythical moneybags donor or donors that say that they'll kick in 20 million when Moorhead tells them that they have 20 million. Basically means that they really would need to raise another 5 million from the community. You should be able to do that in the Fargo-Moorhead Metro area with the average donor kicking in a hundred bucks or so.

Originally posted by sbkbghockey View Post
          This now a HUGE Mess with all the moves of men's programs. DII schools like Moorhead and Lindenwood and anyone else who wants to join hockey are free to add women's hockey at the National Collegiate level but DII schools who didn't jump back in the day (like some of the NE-10 programs) or new DII schools like Lindenwood, or further down the line possible future DII schools like Davenport Univ. (MI) can't play NCAA Men's Ice Hockey.
          Davenport can go smolder in a tire fire!!!
          bueller: Why is the sunset good? Why are boobs good? Why does Positrack work? Why does Ferris lose on the road and play dead at home?

It just happens.

nmupiccdiva: I'm sorry I missed you this weekend! I thought I saw you at the football game, but I didn't want to go up to a complete stranger and ask "are you Monster?" and have it not be you!

leswp1: you need the Monster to fix you

Life is active, find Balance!massage therapy Ann Arbor

Comment

• Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post
            What, besides CC?
            Hahaha Haters will hate. The bottom spot is reserved for DU and Omaha to fight out.
            Colorado College Tigers

Comment

Originally posted by dggoddard View Post
              Minnesota's recent problems are due to the decline of Minnesota high school hockey talent...
              Anyone with their pulse on MN hockey would tell you any supposed decline doesn't relate to players presently at college age or beyond.

Comment

There has been a decline in Michigan talent also as the number of players coming in to amateur hockey has drop significantly. However this is most likely due to the economy,The interest is still there.
                MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

Originally posted by manurespreader View Post
                  There has been a decline in Michigan talent also as the number of players coming in to amateur hockey has drop significantly. However this is most likely due to the economy,The interest is still there.
                  There was an article on the low numbers in Michigan High School hockey. Though not blamed, the over proliferation of junior teams that sell the idea that you have to be in juniors by 16 in order to get that D-I scholarship has something to do with it.

They don't have 20 year reunions for junior or 18U AAA teams. They do for high school.
                  CCT '77 & '78
                  4 kids
                  5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                  1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                  - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                    They don't have 20 year reunions for junior or 18U AAA teams. They do for high school.
                    And most people don't attend them.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post

A great reason to skip HS and go the junior route.

Comment

I find it hard to believe that Moorhead would take a run at this if they didn't think they could play DI hockey. I would welcome another school to DI with open arms regardless of where it was located. I'd be thrilled if it was in MN.

Ms. Moorhead (Home of the Dragons) has red eyes. How perfect is that!?
                        Bottom Line: If you deserve to win the national championship then don't worry about who you play, when, and where. Just keep winning.
                        Exception: You are right about the refs. They, no doubt, have it in for <insert your team name here>!

Comment

Originally posted by gopheritall View Post
                          I find it hard to believe that Moorhead would take a run at this if they didn't think they could play DI hockey. I would welcome another school to DI with open arms regardless of where it was located. I'd be thrilled if it was in MN.

Ms. Moorhead (Home of the Dragons) has red eyes. How perfect is that!?
                          That is kind of what I have been thinking.
                          Slap Shot - 444 might want to consider a restraining order.
                          dggoddard - Minnesota is THE ELITE Program in all of college hockey.
                          wasmania - you have to be the very best to get ice time with the great gophers!

Comment

Originally posted by 4four4 View Post
                            That is kind of what I have been thinking.
                            Of course, they are downstream from Grand Forks and something in the water up there makes people think the NCAA is completely flexible on their decisions.
                            Bottom Line: If you deserve to win the national championship then don't worry about who you play, when, and where. Just keep winning.
                            Exception: You are right about the refs. They, no doubt, have it in for <insert your team name here>!

Comment

Originally posted by gopheritall View Post
                              Of course, they are downstream from Grand Forks and something in the water up there makes people think the NCAA is completely flexible on their decisions.
                              Nope, the Red River flows north. Moorhead is upstream from Grand Forks.
                              sigpicUniversity of North Dakota, 8 time D-I Ice Hockey National Champions!

Comment

MSUM would spend $1 million a year on coaching expenses if it gets D-I hockey

That's a lot. The goal all along has been a 37 million dollar endowment. Now, AD Doug Peters is saying that the goal is to have 80 percent of that (29.6 million) lined up by the end of the year.

Comment

Working...
                                X