Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Michigan Tech Offseason III: Two Years To Prove It Can Be Done

Originally posted by mtu_huskies View Post
    Ticket purchasing question. Does anyone else out there purchase tickets for Tech away games through the Tech ticket office? I always thought that was pretty slick because you're sitting with all the tech fans instead of the home team.

I called today looking for tickets when Tech is on the road next month and they said they can't do that anymore due to compliance and that they didn't do it last year, even though I did it last year for when Tech was in Omaha. Anyone run into this yet and what are people going to do, just sit with the home team fans?
    wah? what the heck? that sucks. we always (ALWAYS) got tickets with other Tech fans.
    Originally posted by mtu_huskies
    "We are not too far away from a national championship," said (John) Scott.
    Boosh Factor 4

Originally posted by Brent Hoven
    Yeah, but you're my favorite hag.

Comment

Ticket purchasing question. Does anyone else out there purchase tickets for Tech away games through the Tech ticket office? I always thought that was pretty slick because you're sitting with all the tech fans instead of the home team.

I called today looking for tickets when Tech is on the road next month and they said they can't do that anymore due to compliance and that they didn't do it last year, even though I did it last year for when Tech was in Omaha. Anyone run into this yet and what are people going to do, just sit with the home team fans?
      Iwould call them back and talk to someone else. My understanding is the home school is required to have so many tickets available for the opposing school to sell. And I have been doing it for years for the playoffs when Tech played CC or DU.

Comment

Originally posted by ColoToot View Post
        Iwould call them back and talk to someone else. My understanding is the home school is required to have so many tickets available for the opposing school to sell. And I have been doing it for years for the playoffs when Tech played CC or DU.
        I was thinking about doing that, but wanted to see if anyone else had experiences with the ticket office yet.

She said it's a credit card compliance issue with writing down people's credit card numbers.

Comment

put the tickets on "will call" and pay when you pick them up?
          Originally posted by mtu_huskies
          "We are not too far away from a national championship," said (John) Scott.
          Boosh Factor 4

Originally posted by Brent Hoven
          Yeah, but you're my favorite hag.

Comment

I was thinking about doing that, but wanted to see if anyone else had experiences with the ticket office yet.

She said it's a credit card compliance issue with writing down people's credit card numbers.
            Used my credit car every time. The only time that there was a problem was when the Women's BB regional was at Tech tow years ago ( I think) and the ticket office just spaced out the Hockey playoffs in Denver. But the did contact the DU ticket off and established were the Tech section was going to be and the Tech office called me back and told me were and who to talk to at DU if there was a problem. As been great working with the Tech Ticket office.

Comment

Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
              uhm, I don't think that group thing is private.
              Nope. Wide open. Personally, I'm in no position to make any assertions as to who is qualified to play hockey this year, and I take no pleasure in seeing anyone's future on the team cut short.

Comment

Originally posted by oldish husky View Post
                Nope. Wide open. Personally, I'm in no position to make any assertions as to who is qualified to play hockey this year, and I take no pleasure in seeing anyone's future on the team cut short.
                I'm with oldish. There should be no "fun" in this. These guys work hard - it is unfortunate that some do not meet everyone's lofty and inflated expectations. Let's confine the spectating to the ice.

MTU character on display for all to see - nice job, folks.

Comment

Originally posted by Dr. Quest View Post
                  MTU character on display for all to see - nice job, folks.
                  Hence why I never participated in it, only joked about it.
                  Originally posted by SCSU Euro
                  What are you TALKING about? Best fans, best travelling, best insults nobody else understands, best talking in nerdy code. MTU rocks at like everything but winning hockey games.

Comment

I would agree totally, so how about we make fun of the idiots from st cloud? or wmu?
                    MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

My one comment is I'll be surprised if Heinonen doesn't make it.

Comment

Originally posted by JOHN SCOTT ROCKS View Post
                        My one comment is I'll be surprised if Heinonen doesn't make it.
                        It certainly will be interesting to see how things shake out.
                        Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

I agree JSR... from what I hear, he has worked his tail off in the offseason and added 10-15 lbs in the process. My excitement for the new season and era of MTU hockey is starting to boil. Looking forward to Oct. 1 (even if it is just an exhibition!!!)

Comment

Originally posted by Hatch_man View Post
                            I agree JSR... from what I hear, he has worked his tail off in the offseason and added 10-15 lbs in the process.
                            That's good to know, he was a little small before. Definitely interested to see how the final lineups will look

Comment

Working...
                            X