Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Michigan Tech Offseason III: Two Years To Prove It Can Be Done

Originally posted by JohnsonsJerseys View Post
    Well if Western was looking to spend more money on their hockey program, they're certainly going to be doing that in the NaCHo... on travel.
    Denver = Flight
    Colorado = Flight
    tDuluth = Flight
    Omaha = Flight
    North Dakota = Flight
    St Cloud State = Flight
    Miami (OH) = BUS! Yeaah!

Sure the NaCHo needed more teams, but I'm STILL asking "Why Western?"

Ryan J
    Because Western said "yes."
    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by JohnsonsJerseys View Post
      Sure the NaCHo needed more teams, but I'm STILL asking "Why Western?"
      Why Western? It doesn't snow 200" a season in KZoo, and Gwoz is a puss in his old age.

Comment

Hopefully, with the current coaching staff's very strong ties to the UM and state, the GLI stays intact and tech's exposure increases by being on the big ten network once or twice a year; maybe additional non-conf games may be possible with either of the teams but not counting on it at this point. Would not expect to see NCHC teams invited to the GLI anytime soon; who's currently scheduled? Maybe other big 10 and eastern schools will start taking up the fourth spot.

St. Cloud scheduled for 2012...
        Last edited by JOHN SCOTT ROCKS; 09-21-2011, 09:30 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by JOHN SCOTT ROCKS View Post
          Hopefully, with the current coaching staff's very strong ties to the UM and state, the GLI stays intact and tech's exposure increases by being on the big ten network once or twice a year; maybe additional non-conf games may be possible with either of the teams but not counting on it at this point. Would not expect to see NCHC teams invited to the GLI anytime soon; who's currently scheduled? Maybe other big 10 and eastern schools will start taking up the fourth spot.
          Agreed. I must admit I'm really glad we have Mel for this ****. We'd have be really really screwed otherwise.

Edit: I can say asshat, but not dam med? ***?
          MTU Hockey fan since I was carried to a game in 1986 - for those counting... that's a lot of depressing hockey. Still love it.

Surrounded by Badger Red in Wisconsin. Such an ugly color, but the beer and cheese are delicious...

2014-15 WCHA (*Regular season portion) Pick-em Champion (**Forgeting a Week Methodology)

Comment

Originally posted by stuckinwi View Post
            Agreed. I must admit I'm really glad we have Mel for this ****. We'd have be really really screwed otherwise.

Edit: I can say asshat, but not dam med? ***?
            You can still say cum-guzzling hooker, though.
            Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
              You can still say cum-guzzling hooker, though.
              LOL. It's like Craig Ferguson learning he could say dry-hump on tv the other week. lol
              MTU Hockey fan since I was carried to a game in 1986 - for those counting... that's a lot of depressing hockey. Still love it.

Surrounded by Badger Red in Wisconsin. Such an ugly color, but the beer and cheese are delicious...

2014-15 WCHA (*Regular season portion) Pick-em Champion (**Forgeting a Week Methodology)

Comment

Is anyone going to meet the coaches on Monday that could post a summary on here?

Comment

While it used to bother me when the top end kids chose MJ over NCAA, it now amuses me for non other than to make the so called "elite" NCAA programs face the fact that they are not (a good portion of) the top players first choice. So while everyone thinks that the new conferences are going to have a major effect on recruiting, if the top end kids continue as a majority to chose MJ, IMO the hierarchy in college hockey talent is not going to be of the same magnitude from top to bottom as in college football or basketball where NCAA is the only option. Factor in that the NCAA hockey format is completely different than basketball, that MTU's chances of an autobid for winning the conference tourney will increase significantly, and that with a two game winning streak you can make the final four, I just don't see much for negatives in this whole realignment for MTU beside the loss of the WCHA final five $$'s which were probably disappearing with UMINN and UW leaving anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by JOHN SCOTT ROCKS View Post
                    I just don't see much for negatives in this whole realignment for MTU beside the loss of the WCHA final five $$'s which were probably disappearing with UMINN and UW leaving anyway.
                    Hell, Tech and Northern will probably be the perma-hosts of the WCHA tournament at the Resch anyway.
                    Augsburg College: Wait, there's another D-3 school whose name starts with "A"?

Originally posted by The Darkness:
                    I don't see you asking Beer Pong Horn if he practices a religion from the beer continent.

Originally posted by bigblue_dl:
                    Wow. Tech fans are such a-holes. I think I saw Beer Pong Horn kick a blind puppy once.

Boosh Factor (6-27-12): Summer Vacation

Comment

Originally posted by Beer Pong Horn View Post
                      Hell, Tech and Northern will probably be the perma-hosts of the WCHA tournament at the Resch anyway.
                      I highly doubt you'll see me at the F5 anymore. Houghton is a maybe, depending on the group headed up there. If it's not MN, it better be a decent opponent (read: opponent that I wouldn't see elsewhere like AIC, or a hated opponent like UND or WI) or MTU fanbase headed there.

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                        I highly doubt you'll see me at the F5 anymore. Houghton is a maybe, depending on the group headed up there. If it's not MN, it better be a decent opponent (read: opponent that I wouldn't see elsewhere like AIC, or a hated opponent like UND or WI) or MTU fanbase headed there.
                        I highly doubt we'll see anyone at the F5 anymore.
                        Augsburg College: Wait, there's another D-3 school whose name starts with "A"?

Originally posted by The Darkness:
                        I don't see you asking Beer Pong Horn if he practices a religion from the beer continent.

Originally posted by bigblue_dl:
                        Wow. Tech fans are such a-holes. I think I saw Beer Pong Horn kick a blind puppy once.

Boosh Factor (6-27-12): Summer Vacation

Comment

Originally posted by Beer Pong Horn View Post
                          I highly doubt we'll see anyone at the F5 anymore.
                          Truth. That means in the next year or two, someone has to go to jail for something. Might as well go out with a bang!

NOT IT!

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                            Wasn't inviting the opposing coach to speak just a courtesy by Russell? Even if Pearson continues it, perhaps the future NCHC coaches won't get invited or (more likely) will decline, just because of yayhoos like you guys.
                            no, having the coaches speak was going in the Watter's years. Russell actually shut it down a few years ago. perhaps they were overhearing our super secret gameday strategy ...
                            Originally posted by mtu_huskies
                            "We are not too far away from a national championship," said (John) Scott.
                            Boosh Factor 4

Originally posted by Brent Hoven
                            Yeah, but you're my favorite hag.

Comment

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
                              Lets just say...if Gwoz shows up to a Blue line luncheon, I will be taking friday off of work to drive to Houghton.
                              he won't. he didn't show up even when he was invited.
                              Originally posted by mtu_huskies
                              "We are not too far away from a national championship," said (John) Scott.
                              Boosh Factor 4

Originally posted by Brent Hoven
                              Yeah, but you're my favorite hag.

Comment

Originally posted by huskyfan View Post
                                he won't. he didn't show up even when he was invited.
                                I'm almost postive I remember seeing him at one when I was in school...

I didn't know they had stopped coming, I always thought it was cool that they did. But I've not been to one since I've been living in this evil state.

Comment

Working...
                                X