• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: the Highway 2 Conference -- A proposal

Originally posted by Truth Squad View Post
    The Truth Is Out There....
    TBA
    Right...Frank for Commissioner...
    "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

Originally posted by davyd83 View Post
      And what muscle do they have to flex? Full arenas? Wildly successful programs? A string of NCAA tourney appearances? Where is the muscle?
      Its building. Think of the UP Schools as Barry Bonds in 1992. Just wait....2001 Barry Bonds is coming for the UP Schools
      Cat Chat, The U.P's best College Sports Show. Check us out at www.catchattv.org

Born a Black Bear
      1987 1988 1989 1990 1991 1992 1993 1995 1999 2000 2001 2002 2003 2004 2005 2006 2007 2012

A NMU Wildcat for Life
      1980 1981 1989 1991 1992 1993 1999 2010

NMU Hockey
      2006-2007: 15-24-2
      2007-2008: 20-20-4
      2008-2009: 18-16-5

1903 1912 1915 1916 1918 2004 2007

Comment

And what muscle do they have to flex? Full arenas? Wildly successful programs? A string of NCAA tourney appearances? Where is the muscle?
        kids...
        Huskies are very intelligent and trainable. Huskies make an excellent jogging companion, as long as it is not too hot. Grooming is minimal; bathing is normally unnecessary.
        USCHO Fantasy Baseball Champion 2011 2013 2015

Comment

Originally posted by NMU8405 View Post
          Its building. Think of the UP Schools as Barry Bonds in 1992. Just wait....2001 Barry Bonds is coming for the UP Schools
          UP schools are going to be successful by using steroids?

Comment

Originally posted by Truth Squad View Post
            The Truth Is Out There....
            TBA
            No, Andy Baggot and Madison.com have it out there.
            http://host.madison.com/sports/blog/...cc4c03286.html

The source said that officials at Denver and North Dakota strongly questioned the direction of the WCHA during the annual American Hockey Coaches Association convention in Florida in May. There was sentiment to force long-time commissioner Bruce McLeod to step down, but the source said that while people from multiple schools inched up to that line, "no one crossed it.''

When the notion came up of schools possibly seceding from the WCHA instead, it was met with the threat of six-figure fines per institution.
            The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

I'd think about a different name for this "Highway 2 Conference". Everyone will just refer to it as "number two".
              The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Originally posted by The Sicatoka View Post
                I'd think about a different name for this "Highway 2 Conference". Everyone will just refer to it as "number two".
                Who does #2 work for!?
                PSNetwork / XBOX GamerTag: xJeris
                Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance
                NFL: CHI; MLB: MN, NYM; NHL: MN, MTL; NCAAB: MN, UNLV; NCAAF: MN, MIA; NCAAH: MN; Soccer: USA, Blackburn

Comment

Isn't this really the M-28 Conference?
                  "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                    UP schools are going to be successful by using steroids?
                    Twitchboy has been calling for that for years!!
                    bueller: Why is the sunset good? Why are boobs good? Why does Positrack work? Why does Ferris lose on the road and play dead at home?

It just happens.

nmupiccdiva: I'm sorry I missed you this weekend! I thought I saw you at the football game, but I didn't want to go up to a complete stranger and ask "are you Monster?" and have it not be you!

leswp1: you need the Monster to fix you

Life is active, find Balance!massage therapy Ann Arbor

Comment

Isn't this really the M-28 Conference?

Ah, true enough. US-2 is a state of mind more than a geographic reality. M-28 is ok, until you get to L'Anse, and it doesn't go to Minnesota. Frankly, with BSU, Tech, NMU, LSSU, UAF, and UAA, you could just as well call it the "Freezing your As* Off Hockey Conference." The Big Snow Conference.

I retract my use of US 2, since that highway merely passes somewhat, sort of, near the schools (it even skirts a little south of Bemidji).

Comment

What about UAH instead of BSU?

You could have two divisions, the UP schools and the No one wants to travel here schools. Play mostly in your own division.

The other left overs form a conference, which I believe including Notre Dame has seven teams, which is what they want. Everyone's happy!
                        #NewMass

Comment

Working...
                        X