NMU vs. Miami

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: NMU vs. Miami

Patience is something most of us have a short supply of. We have seen this show in syndication for a couple of years running and it is time for a new episode to start off the year!!! We are tired of reruns!!! We have expectations, which according to most, are in line with the supposed talent and experience on this years Wildcat team.

A real arse whooping this past Saturday should have gotten some attention. If not, there will definately be a Halloween masacre on the ice at The Berry this Saturday. It may be too much for most to handle...caution may be in order for women and small children!!!

On a positive note: The rink side announcer is an improvement over last season!!!

Comment

Originally posted by MOJO View Post
      Patience is something most of us have a short supply of. We have seen this show in syndication for a couple of years running and it is time for a new episode to start off the year!!! We are tired of reruns!!! We have expectations, which according to most, are in line with the supposed talent and experience on this years Wildcat team.

A real arse whooping this past Saturday should have gotten some attention. If not, there will definately be a Halloween masacre on the ice at The Berry this Saturday. It may be too much for most to handle...caution may be in order for women and small children!!!

On a positive note: The rink side announcer is an improvement over last season!!!
      Best post of the year so far!

Nice job Mojo!
      TECH STILL SUCKS!

Comment

******* width="425" height="344">****** name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Yu67KKO1Jw0&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0x234900&color2=0x4e9e00">****** name="allowFullScreen" value="true">****** name="allowscriptaccess" value="always">****** src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Yu67KKO1Jw0&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0x234900&color2=0x4e9e00" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344">

******* width="425" height="344">****** name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/v73FZA_0q2s&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0x234900&color2=0x4e9e00">****** name="allowFullScreen" value="true">****** name="allowscriptaccess" value="always">****** src="http://www.youtube.com/v/v73FZA_0q2s&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0x234900&color2=0x4e9e00" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344">
        Cat Chat, The U.P's best College Sports Show. Check us out at www.catchattv.org

Born a Black Bear
        1987 1988 1989 1990 1991 1992 1993 1995 1999 2000 2001 2002 2003 2004 2005 2006 2007 2012

A NMU Wildcat for Life
        1980 1981 1989 1991 1992 1993 1999 2010

NMU Hockey
        2006-2007: 15-24-2
        2007-2008: 20-20-4
        2008-2009: 18-16-5

1903 1912 1915 1916 1918 2004 2007

Comment

Originally posted by boot_walt_kyle View Post
          My top three candidates I would want for the position are
          Osiecki - Wisconsin
          Bonnett - Colorado College
          Pyle - Gwinnett

I hardly would call any of those school's pee-wee league. Its not like that guy last year who suggested hiring a high school coach from Grand Rapids.
          This tool?

Oh, and Pyle hasn't been a leading candidate for the last two openings in Chicago, he seems to (just like Walt) enjoy his job and level of success that he has had in the Coast League.

He's practically had just as much success as Walt in the post season, too.
          http://hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/pdisplay.php?pid=6434
          “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Originally posted by hockeybando View Post
            Hopefully Miami's downfall to MSU on Saturday means good things for the 'Cats.

And on that note, I hope MSU sucks again this year
            Ehhh, I'd say that MSU was easily the best team we've played in this short season, they aren't gonna be in the bottom half of the conference this year.

Comment

Originally posted by MOJO View Post

Here's the deal folks if you are upset with this start than your expectations are WAY TOO HIGH!! Bemidji is the real deal and if you expect a sweep of them your crazy and to split between two WCHA schools is acceptable. To panic and go crazy because you are 1-2-1 is ridiculous. Ok you lost 5-0 deal with it, you lost to a team that is loaded and was in the frozen four last year.

Im embarrassed for those NMU fans that get it and have to deal with this. The schedule for you is tough to start the year, build upon it and grow. It isn't like you had a cupcake schedule.

Miami played 8 of their first 10 against ranked teams I said before the year started I would of been happy with a 6-4 start and I have hopes of a return trip to the frozen four. You have to realize your expectations and the fact that the team gets better throughout the season and when you play tough OOC opponents to start it makes things more difficult and only helps you as the season goes on. Be realistic folks, those bashing this program are not realistic, it really isn't that hard. Those of you that do, and you know who you are, keep your chins up you have a good team and a good program don't let these haters get you down.

Us at Miami who know hockey and know the game respect your program and know good things go on up there.
              Miamiredhawks08: "Side note: have any of you had to wear a helmet in SLOW PITCH SOFTBALL CAGE?!?!?!?! Are you flipping kidding me?!?!?! Felt like a 30 year old wearing floaties in a wading pool! jeebus!"

Comment

I'm embarrassed too. Mostly for the simple fact that the majority of the NMU contingent accepts mediocrity. Although, thankfully that group is getting smaller and smaller each and every week that this futility continues.
                TECH STILL SUCKS!

Comment

Originally posted by aparch View Post
                  This tool?

Oh, and Pyle hasn't been a leading candidate for the last two openings in Chicago, he seems to (just like Walt) enjoy his job and level of success that he has had in the Coast League.

He's practically had just as much success as Walt in the post season, too.
                  http://hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/pdisplay.php?pid=6434
                  Yep, that's the tool I was talking about. What you've linked to has to be one of the dumbest things Ive ever read on a sports forum. Seriously, replacing Walt with a legitimate coaching candidate is something i'm all in favor of, but replacing him with a high school coach, that's just idiotic. I'd rather have Walt coaching NMU than a million high school coaches put together.

It seems to me that Pyle has had quite a bit of success in the post-season. I see he's been to the finals once and had a few second round losses. Walt has even been able to get us into the playoffs (NCAA Tournament). At this point, I would take a trip to the NCAAs with a first round exit and be happy with it.

Comment

Originally posted by NMU8405 View Post
                    ******* width="425" height="344">****** name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Yu67KKO1Jw0&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0x234900&color2=0x4e9e00">****** name="allowFullScreen" value="true">****** name="allowscriptaccess" value="always">****** src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Yu67KKO1Jw0&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0x234900&color2=0x4e9e00" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344">

******* width="425" height="344">****** name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/v73FZA_0q2s&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0x234900&color2=0x4e9e00">****** name="allowFullScreen" value="true">****** name="allowscriptaccess" value="always">****** src="http://www.youtube.com/v/v73FZA_0q2s&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0x234900&color2=0x4e9e00" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344">
                    I like your show, but when are you going to discuss the Boot Walt Kyle movement that has been growing stronger with each frustrating loss? I think its worth mentioning on "the best place for NMU sports" that there is a contingent of fans who are unhappy with coaching.

Also, can you tell whoever does your twitter updates for the football games, that I absolutely love the chance to follow the action, but its just a bit too much. I had to turn you guys off my iPhone updates while I was at work because I literally got 20 twitter updates in the first half. My phone was vibrating up a storm. You guys don't have to take any advice from me, but I think the twitter experience might be a little better if it was just the more meaningful updates (scores, major turnovers, quarter/half breaks).

I thought the updates for the hockey game were done very nicely.

Feel free to pass on my opinions and advice to the rest of your television crew and see what they (and other twitter followers) might want. But anyhow, I love the show. It's high time NMU got something like that.

Comment

Who added the song to the thread?

It's awesome!

I'm on a boat!
                      TECH STILL SUCKS!

Comment

Originally posted by boot_walt_kyle View Post
                        At this point, I would take a trip to the NCAAs with a first round exit and be happy with it.
                        Dahli Llama.
                        Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Originally posted by redhawkman10 View Post
                          Here's the deal folks if you are upset with this start than your expectations are WAY TOO HIGH!! Bemidji is the real deal and if you expect a sweep of them your crazy and to split between two WCHA schools is acceptable. To panic and go crazy because you are 1-2-1 is ridiculous. Ok you lost 5-0 deal with it, you lost to a team that is loaded and was in the frozen four last year.

Im embarrassed for those NMU fans that get it and have to deal with this. The schedule for you is tough to start the year, build upon it and grow. It isn't like you had a cupcake schedule.

Miami played 8 of their first 10 against ranked teams I said before the year started I would of been happy with a 6-4 start and I have hopes of a return trip to the frozen four. You have to realize your expectations and the fact that the team gets better throughout the season and when you play tough OOC opponents to start it makes things more difficult and only helps you as the season goes on. Be realistic folks, those bashing this program are not realistic, it really isn't that hard. Those of you that do, and you know who you are, keep your chins up you have a good team and a good program don't let these haters get you down.

Us at Miami who know hockey and know the game respect your program and know good things go on up there.
                          Don't even begin preaching to me!!! You have no idea how pathetic our team has started and are out of touch completely with the level of frustration experienced by 10 years of kissing our sisters!!! Yes, expectations are high!!! They should be, especially when set as such by the coaching staff and players alike.

NMU should be prepared to come of the gate winning no matter the schedule, especially when it contains games at home regardless of opponent. I also believe that too much credit is given to Bemidji and less that of the poor play of NMU. Bemidji IS NOT as good as their weekend in Marquette might indicate!!!

That being said, I hope for the sake of clowns like you that NMU can knock Miami down off their high horse. They also aren't as good as their record or recent history may indicate. These are games that yes, I expected NMU to sweep at the beginning of the season. They have the talent to do it, do they have the drive to finish it? I think so!!!

Go Wildcats!!!

Comment

Conspiracy theory:

The author of this thread also started the Fire Rick Comley movement 4 years ago.

Comment

Originally posted by redhawkman10 View Post

NO! Our expectations are not too high for this team. This team has been sold to its fans as a winner with a strong base that is meant to win now. I'm not so much mad about getting beat by Bemidji St., as I am by the fact that we had less than 10 shots all game when not on the power play. Our defense has left our goalie out to dry in 3 of the 4 games we've played. Our goalie who was supposed to be one of the best in the CCHA looks far from it. I am upset because this team that was supposed to be a winner looks like more of the same old crap. I am upset because for the last 3 years people have been telling me, "just wait until these young players mature." Well, those young players have matured and it looks like we are going to get to see another ok finish possibly concluded by a 3rd or 4th place finish at the Joe. Well, to me that isn't good enough this year.

Comment

Originally posted by owslachief View Post
                                Conspiracy theory:

The author of this thread also started the Fire Rick Comley movement 4 years ago.
                                Nope, I couldn't give a crap less about MSU. One of my least favorite teams in the CCHA/Big Ten.

Comment

Working...
                                X