replied
    Re: The Beginning of new hockey leagues

Super (bad logo) League?

Leave a comment:

• ronmexico
    replied

Originally posted by uaafanblog View Post
    Perhaps ... but seriously. Look at DU's logo. That sharp simple arching of the town's name. Perfect. It really does stand out in a branding sense. We can only hope that DU can influence the rest of them along the same lines. A "Kalamazoo" arch would be dignified and worthy of Elite inclusion. An arch of OMAHA. Stunningly effective in brand terms. No more ugly red cow. Puhlease ... that's so passe'. CC with their tiger head? Gotta go ... replaced with an arch of "The Springs". The cartoon bulldog is the most childish one up there. Make it go away first.

That's why I congratulated you. It seems we both spoke to exactly the same "good authority", eh?
    Not real sharp on the reading? Or just ignoring the request? Here it is again all the way from 2 posts ago ...

Originally posted by Dirty View Post
    Now ...

How about ...

Any/all Anchorage, Fairbanks, NMU, MTU, Ferris and/or SCSU fans take a long hike out of this short thread.

TY in advance.

Leave a comment:

• uaafanblog
    replied

Originally posted by dggoddard View Post
    Looks like the future logos along the dasher boards of the 2014 Frozen Four.
    Perhaps ... but seriously. Look at DU's logo. That sharp simple arching of the town's name. Perfect. It really does stand out in a branding sense. We can only hope that DU can influence the rest of them along the same lines. A "Kalamazoo" arch would be dignified and worthy of Elite inclusion. An arch of OMAHA. Stunningly effective in brand terms. No more ugly red cow. Puhlease ... that's so passe'. CC with their tiger head? Gotta go ... replaced with an arch of "The Springs". The cartoon bulldog is the most childish one up there. Make it go away first.

I haven't on good authority that DU's latest recruit always dreamed of playing in a Super League.
    That's why I congratulated you. It seems we both spoke to exactly the same "good authority", eh?

Leave a comment:

• huskyfan
    replied

something about ... heat ... kitchen ...?

Leave a comment:

• Dirty
    replied

Now ...

How about ...

Any/all Anchorage, Fairbanks, NMU, MTU, Ferris and/or SCSU fans take a long hike out of this short thread.

TY in advance.

Leave a comment:

• huskyfan
    replied

Originally posted by ronmexico View Post
    I think DU should be required to adopt an actual mascot before being granted official membership
    wait. its not the jelly donut?

Leave a comment:

• ronmexico
    replied

*****http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-cSqhwvrwJZM/Tht4ZV8MlHI/AAAAAAAAKu0/8-2EFhih5U0/s1600/Super+League.jpg******

Live Press Conference

Wednesday, July 13, 2011

11 AM MT

www.OneSportsPlus.com
    I think DU should be required to adopt an actual mascot before being granted official membership

Leave a comment:

• dggoddard
    replied

Originally posted by huskyfan View Post
    maybe Miami can help Fighting Sioux to transition to a new politcally correct name?
    Miami has a giant Redskin logo inside the hockey arena.

Leave a comment:

• huskyfan
    replied

maybe Miami can help Fighting Sioux to transition to a new politcally correct name?

Leave a comment:

• dggoddard
    replied

Originally posted by uaafanblog View Post
    Those logos just scream "ELITE" don't they? Anyway, I noticed DU got another commitment from an ELITE 15 year old Colorado kid. Congrats. Couldn't have happened without DU's Super League status.
    Looks like the future logos along the dasher boards of the 2014 Frozen Four.

I haven't on good authority that DU's latest recruit always dreamed of playing in a Super League.

Leave a comment:

• uaafanblog
    replied

*****http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-cSqhwvrwJZM/Tht4ZV8MlHI/AAAAAAAAKu0/8-2EFhih5U0/s1600/Super+League.jpg******
    Those logos just scream "ELITE" don't they? Anyway, I noticed DU got another commitment from an ELITE 15 year old Colorado kid. Congrats. Couldn't have happened without DU's Super League status.

Leave a comment:

• dggoddard
    replied

Live Press Conference

Wednesday, July 13, 2011

11 AM MT

www.OneSportsPlus.com
    Last edited by dggoddard; 07-11-2011, 05:37 PM.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post
    Do we really need another thread on this topic, or did Joe Thornton get traded again?

Wait a minute! What happened to the WCHA? Could someone bring me up to speed? Did it dissolve? What are the recruiting and TV ramifications?

HAS ANYONE THOUGHT ABOUT WHAT THIS COULD MEAN!?!

Also, I have it on authority that Thornton is one of the few untouchables on the roster.

Leave a comment:

• ExileOnDaytonStreet
    replied

Do we really need another thread on this topic, or did Joe Thornton get traded again?

Leave a comment:

• davyd83
    replied

Originally posted by kingdobbs View Post
    The Southwest Conference was once the best football league in the country. Times change.
    Now its the South Eastern Conference

Leave a comment:

Working...
X