Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: The Beginning of new hockey leagues

Originally posted by bigmrg74 View Post
    And frankly, I'm sure that they can rewrite the rule book if they wanted to.
    The point is, though, that they are re-writing the rule book. They are re-writing it to ensure that Canadian schools can't come in through the back door and compete for a Division I title. Since Men's Hockey is just about the only significant sport out there with a Division I championship but not a Division II championship, this rule is aimed squarely at hockey teams. The message from the NCAA is clear--Canadian schools are welcome in Division II, which needs warm bodies, but those Canadian schools will not be permitted to play at the top level in any sport.

"The game of hockey, though much in vogue on the ice in New England and other parts of the United States, is not much known here."

--The Montreal Gazette, March 4, 1875.

Comment

• Re: The Beginning of new hockey leagues

Originally posted by bigmrg74 View Post
      At worse, UBC never becomes a powerhouse, but college hockey gets more exposure north of the border for the price or rewriting a rule.
      I heard that the SEC wants the Universidad de Veracruz to become a a football only member to open up the fertile recruiting grounds in Mexico.

Comment

• Originally posted by dggoddard View Post
        I heard that the SEC wants the Universidad de Veracruz to become a a football only member to open up the fertile recruiting grounds in Mexico.
        They're going to rewrite the rules though like they're doing for Canadian schools, otherwise they'll win the CWS nearly every year.
        Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
        Originally posted by Quizmire
        mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
        MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
        MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
        I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

Working...
        X