The Beginning of new hockey leagues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: The Beginning of new hockey leagues

I bet UAA has just as terrible a road record against the MSU Moorhead Dragons as they do against North Dakota (as the Dragons will be playing in Scheels Arena, which is west of the Red in Fargo).

Just think, without UND opening that space in the WCHA we'd have never seen it.
    The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Originally posted by The Sicatoka View Post
      I bet UAA has just as terrible a road record against the MSU Moorhead Dragons as they do against North Dakota (as the Dragons will be playing in Scheels Arena, which is west of the Red in Fargo).

Just think, without UND opening that space in the WCHA we'd have never seen it.
      All praise UND, the savior of college hockey!

Comment

Did UMTC and UW even try to remove, or even just modify with a hockey exception, the Big Ten "if six play the sport we play as the Big Ten" rule?
        Or did they just go merrily along and now claim "kidnapped by Jim Delany" status?
        The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Did UMTC and UW even try to remove or modify the Big Ten "if six play the sport we play as the Big Ten" rule?
          I doubt it. UND discarded 50+ years of WCHA history in order to help MSU-Moorhead start up a team. That's so considerate!

Comment

Originally posted by cF[Authentic] View Post
            All praise UND, the savior of college hockey!
            You did remember to genuflect before and after that, right?

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

UND trolls.....
              "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
              -Gallagher

R.I.P.
              Grandpa G. ~ Feb 11, 1918-Oct. 6, 1999
              Grandma ~ Jan 2004
              Dad ~ Nov. 4, 1958-April 21, 2008
              Grandpa S. ~ June 21, 1932-November 11, 2013

Comment

Originally posted by First Time, Long Time View Post
                UND trolls.....
                Please stay out of this thread about beginning new leagues. go back to the keeping old leagues together thread.

Comment

Did UMTC and UW even try to remove, or even just modify with a hockey exception, the Big Ten "if six play the sport we play as the Big Ten" rule?
                  Or did they just go merrily along and now claim "kidnapped by Jim Delany" status?
                  You underestimate Jim Delany's power. He threatens Congress on a regular basis. If he was in charge of your school, not only would you have the Sioux name for all time, you'd be permitted to have a warrior in full regalia stab someone at center ice and use their blood to draw the red line.
                  "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

• Originally posted by cF[Authentic] View Post
                    Please stay out of this thread about beginning new leagues. go back to the keeping old leagues together thread.
                    Kiss my *** Corey.
                    "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
                    -Gallagher

R.I.P.
                    Grandpa G. ~ Feb 11, 1918-Oct. 6, 1999
                    Grandma ~ Jan 2004
                    Dad ~ Nov. 4, 1958-April 21, 2008
                    Grandpa S. ~ June 21, 1932-November 11, 2013

Comment

Here's some perspective and history:
                      http://www.ncaa.com/news/icehockey-m...ue-may-be-best

“Back in the prehistoric times when I played in the WCHA and all five of the WCHA coaches in the new National Collegiate Hockey Conference were playing in the WCHA, it was a different league,” Gwozdecky said. “Michigan, Michigan State and Notre Dame were part of the WCHA. ...

“The naysayers were saying at the time – I remember very vividly – that Michigan, Michigan State and Notre Dame were foolish to leave the WCHA. That would be the end of college hockey as we knew it, the WCHA would lose three strong programs. The three schools leaving would soon be back, because the CCHA was 'the bus league,' as they were known at that time. A few years later, there were a few schools in the ECAC that said, ‘You know what? We want to align ourselves together and form a new conference,’ and led by Lou Lamoriello, they decided to form Hockey East.

"This is not the first time the landscape has changed, and it won’t be the last time."

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

• Originally posted by cF[Authentic] View Post
                        Since the WCHA will no longer resemble the WCHA we all know, it essentially IS a new league.
                        My guy is a hard-nosed hockey player who is not afraid to crash the net. Your guy is a goon who runs the goalie.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Sicatoka View Post
                          Here's some perspective and history:
                          http://www.ncaa.com/news/icehockey-m...ue-may-be-best
                          isn't it nice that they forget to even mention Michigan Tech in that change even though they might have been the class of that group when they all left together...
                          Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Why does the mobile version unsubscribe me from a thread when I reply with quotes?!?!
                            Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

• Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
                              Why does the mobile version unsubscribe me from a thread when I reply with quotes?!?!
                              I don't know. That doesn't happen to me.
                              My guy is a hard-nosed hockey player who is not afraid to crash the net. Your guy is a goon who runs the goalie.

Comment

Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
                                I'm guessing it starts with "i" and ends with "phone"
                                Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Working...
                                X