The Beginning of new hockey leagues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: The Beginning of new hockey leagues

There needs to be a movie made about this offseason: new teams, new conferences, new coaches. More twists than a soap opera.
    DomIzzoWDAY: BREAKING: #MSUM has called a press conference for tomorrow at 1 to update it's status on creating a D-1 Hockey Team, more info to come #MSUM
    Originally posted by SCSU Euro
    What are you TALKING about? Best fans, best travelling, best insults nobody else understands, best talking in nerdy code. MTU rocks at like everything but winning hockey games.

Comment

Originally posted by The Sicatoka View Post
      No way would UMD be doing this if UMTC hadn't opened the flood gate.
      Flood gate? Minnesota didn't open the flood gate the Big Ten did.
      Slap Shot - 444 might want to consider a restraining order.
      dggoddard - Minnesota is THE ELITE Program in all of college hockey.
      wasmania - you have to be the very best to get ice time with the great gophers!

Comment

Originally posted by Flashy Man View Post
        There needs to be a movie made about this offseason: new teams, new conferences, new coaches. More twists than a soap opera.
        What next? Ohio, Kent State, Penn, Findlay, Villanova and UIC all come back? Syracuse, Illinois, Navy and RI all go D-I? NCAA hockey video game? Joe Thornton gets traded?
        If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post
          What next? Ohio, Kent State, Penn, Findlay, Villanova and UIC all come back? Syracuse, Illinois, Navy and RI all go D-I? NCAA hockey video game? Joe Thornton gets traded?
          You forgot Wayne State, Northern Arizona, and Grand Valley State.
          bueller: Why is the sunset good? Why are boobs good? Why does Positrack work? Why does Ferris lose on the road and play dead at home?

It just happens.

nmupiccdiva: I'm sorry I missed you this weekend! I thought I saw you at the football game, but I didn't want to go up to a complete stranger and ask "are you Monster?" and have it not be you!

leswp1: you need the Monster to fix you

Life is active, find Balance!massage therapy Ann Arbor

Comment

Hmm - looks like some of the richer counties from California are looking to kick the poorer counties to the curb, take their ball, and go home

Where have I heard that story before?
            If you don't change the world today, how can it be any better tomorrow?

Comment

Originally posted by LynahFan View Post
              Hmm - looks like some of the richer counties from California are looking to kick the poorer counties to the curb, take their ball, and go home

Do they already have a TV deal lined up with Bravo?
              Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

No way would UMD be doing this if UMTC hadn't opened the flood gate.
                Wow, just wow. And to think I used to consider you a fairly rational Sue fan....

Comment

• Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post
                  All except Findlay are good to go.

Findlay is D-II and is stuck in limbo.
                  CCT '77 & '78
                  4 kids
                  5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                  1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                  - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by LynahFan View Post

Except in the CA case, its the poorer counties that can't compete trying to drag OC and San Diego with them.
                    Go Gophers!

Comment

1. If you're going to resurrect programs, why not US International also?

2. Is Minnesota part of the Big Ten? Did the Big Ten start all of these conference vibrations? Ergo, Minnesota fingerprints on floodgate.
                      2a. Also, couldn't the Big Ten have changed their "six teams means we play as Big Ten" rule for hockey and stopped all conference shuffling and "death of college hockey" talk? It's just a Big Ten rule, they could change their rule. Or, we know Big Ten teams are really good at forgetting/ignoring rules (see: Ohio State football) so why didn't they.
                      The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

1. If you're going to resurrect programs, why not US International also?

2. Is Minnesota part of the Big Ten? Did the Big Ten start all of these conference vibrations? Ergo, Minnesota fingerprints on floodgate.
                        2a. Also, couldn't the Big Ten have changed their "six teams means we play as Big Ten" rule for hockey and stopped all conference shuffling and "death of college hockey" talk? It's just a Big Ten rule, they could change their rule. Or, we know Big Ten teams are really good at forgetting/ignoring rules (see: Ohio State football) so why didn't they.
                        Minnesota has no power when it comes to the B1G TEN. They are not a big revenue generator for the conference. They can't tell the rest of the B1Gs..."you can't make us in hockey" The rest (ie, Ohio State & Michigan) would say, "we make you a crap ton of money in other sports, suck it up and spread the wealth with us in this one."
                        Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                          All except Findlay are good to go.

Findlay is D-II and is stuck in limbo.
                          MSU-Mo. seems ready to show that D-II isn't as prohibitive as we all thought.
                          If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post
                            MSU-Mo. seems ready to show that D-II isn't as prohibitive as we all thought.
                            I'm pretty sure the DII playup issue doesn't effect College Hockey...not positive.
                            Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

A better theory is that no one at MSU-Moorhead thought to look at a rulebook, and they're announcing the formation of hockey team without knowing that they can't play D1.
                              Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

• Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
                                I'm pretty sure the DII playup issue doesn't effect College Hockey...not positive.
                                Read D-I proposition 2010-100 on NCAA.org. No apparent exceptions.
                                CCT '77 & '78
                                4 kids
                                5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                                1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                                - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Working...
                                X