Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The Beginning of new hockey leagues

Originally posted by dggoddard View Post
    Looks like the future logos along the dasher boards of the 2014 Frozen Four.
    Perhaps ... but seriously. Look at DU's logo. That sharp simple arching of the town's name. Perfect. It really does stand out in a branding sense. We can only hope that DU can influence the rest of them along the same lines. A "Kalamazoo" arch would be dignified and worthy of Elite inclusion. An arch of OMAHA. Stunningly effective in brand terms. No more ugly red cow. Puhlease ... that's so passe'. CC with their tiger head? Gotta go ... replaced with an arch of "The Springs". The cartoon bulldog is the most childish one up there. Make it go away first.

I haven't on good authority that DU's latest recruit always dreamed of playing in a Super League.
    That's why I congratulated you. It seems we both spoke to exactly the same "good authority", eh?

Comment

Originally posted by uaafanblog View Post
      Perhaps ... but seriously. Look at DU's logo. That sharp simple arching of the town's name. Perfect. It really does stand out in a branding sense. We can only hope that DU can influence the rest of them along the same lines. A "Kalamazoo" arch would be dignified and worthy of Elite inclusion. An arch of OMAHA. Stunningly effective in brand terms. No more ugly red cow. Puhlease ... that's so passe'. CC with their tiger head? Gotta go ... replaced with an arch of "The Springs". The cartoon bulldog is the most childish one up there. Make it go away first.

That's why I congratulated you. It seems we both spoke to exactly the same "good authority", eh?
      Not real sharp on the reading? Or just ignoring the request? Here it is again all the way from 2 posts ago ...

Originally posted by Dirty View Post
      Now ...

How about ...

Any/all Anchorage, Fairbanks, NMU, MTU, Ferris and/or SCSU fans take a long hike out of this short thread.

TY in advance.
      Originally posted by vizoroo
      Thought you had picked the avatar so we could id you. Guess he fooled me too.
      Originally posted by duper
      I obviously missed it, but it sounds like some idiot from CC took trolling to a whole new, totally inappropriate level.

I was well over the borderline. I figured I would meet you on your turf.
      Every time you post like an *******, I want to quote the idiotic comment you made where you claim not to be a troll. You're such a dick.
      Originally posted by dggoddard
      Finally you made me laugh.

There may be hope for you yet.

Comment

Super (bad logo) League?
        Originally posted by mtu_huskies
        "We are not too far away from a national championship," said (John) Scott.
        Boosh Factor 4

Originally posted by Brent Hoven
        Yeah, but you're my favorite hag.

Comment

*****http://rationalwiki.org/w/images/7/71/Internet_argument.jpg******

Comment

this video was taken from a recent WCHA emergency backdoor meeting.....

[Capt. Ramsey: Short of the outbreak of World War Three, the ship sinking... being attacked by a giant octopus, I'd like to be undisturbed for the next thirty minutes.

Comment

Originally posted by smokeythebear View Post
              this video was taken from a recent WCHA emergency backdoor meeting.....
              This could be DU's new mascot!
              Originally posted by vizoroo
              Thought you had picked the avatar so we could id you. Guess he fooled me too.
              I obviously missed it, but it sounds like some idiot from CC took trolling to a whole new, totally inappropriate level.

I was well over the borderline. I figured I would meet you on your turf.
              Every time you post like an *******, I want to quote the idiotic comment you made where you claim not to be a troll. You're such a dick.
              Originally posted by dggoddard
              Finally you made me laugh.

There may be hope for you yet.

Comment

Canned Music Conference?
                Originally posted by SCSU Euro
                What are you TALKING about? Best fans, best travelling, best insults nobody else understands, best talking in nerdy code. MTU rocks at like everything but winning hockey games.

Comment

Sounds from this article that the Super League will eventually have seven teams and 24 conference games.

https://www.ironmountaindailynews.co....html?nav=5006

"Notre Dame remains uncommitted to any conference at this time and is pressing for a smaller league that features a larger non-conference slate, according to multiple Mining Journal sources. The Irish are looking for a seven-team league with a 24-game conference schedule in order to fill the rest of their dates with meetings against fellow Bowl Championship Subdivision member Boston College and the Big Ten schools."

Comment

Sounds from this article that the Super League will eventually have seven teams and 24 conference games.
                    So it comes down to which league can committ to seven teams.
                    What are you TALKING about? Best fans, best travelling, best insults nobody else understands, best talking in nerdy code. MTU rocks at like everything but winning hockey games.

Comment

Originally posted by Flashy Man View Post
                      That's easy, the new and improved WCHA. SCSU, UAA, MTU, MSUM, BSU, NMU, AND Notre Dame!

Comment

Originally posted by Flashy Man View Post
                        Well Hockey East isn't going to shed four teams including Boston College so ND can play them in non-conference games are they?

Comment

Originally posted by motox View Post
                          That's easy, the new and improved WCHA. SCSU, UAA, MTU, MSUM, BSU, NMU, AND Notre Dame!
                          You forgot to mention Alaska. You guys going to kick them to the curb only three hours after it was rumored that they are coming?

Comment

You forgot to mention Alaska. You guys going to kick them to the curb only three hours after it was rumored that they are coming?
                            Well that wouldn't be seven teams now would it? I flipped a coin between UAF and NMU, NMU won.

Comment

forgot to quote
                              Canned Music Conference

maybe that would shame all of us into letting the bands play...
                              I remember NorDak having a band at the frozen in Columbus?
                              I also thought UMD had a band as I didnt think the Decc had a stereo...
                              I'm the guy with the gold jersey in Magness, who is probably drunk or at least getting in trouble for obscene cheers.

"You all saw what happened. Stick down, gloves off, He challenged the Chiefs. Called us names, CALLED US NAMES!"

CC's titles are older than NASA

Comment

Originally posted by DenverGoldJersey View Post
                                maybe that would shame all of us into letting the bands play...
                                I remember NorDak having a band at the frozen in Columbus?
                                I also thought UMD had a band as I didnt think the Decc had a stereo...
                                Oh they have bands, but they play MAYBE half of the time.

Comment

Working...
                                X