Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The new Super League is going down the tubes.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Skeeterman View Post
    This league is a joke. In a few years they'll be begging to come back to the WCHA.
    The only way anyone is coming back to the WCHA is if they get an undeniable sweet tooth for cupcakes, barring that SCSU will be the reigning champion of the new Atlantic Hockey West.
    "The man who smiles when something has gone wrong just thought of someone to blame it on." Robert Bloch
    Discontinued Program:http://s.ecrater.com/stores/70443/48...70e_70443n.jpg
    The goofs might suck, but Happy swallows.
    Brooks told me he added something to the effect that, “if you want to go into business, go to Harvard; if you want to be a hockey player, go to North Dakota...”

Comment

• Re: The new Super League is going down the tubes.

Originally posted by Skeeterman View Post
      This league is a joke. In a few years they'll be begging to come back to the WCHA.
      in a few years is when it starts... if any of the teams in the NCHC want to come back there should be room after st cloud folds.

Comment

Originally posted by cross cheque View Post
        The only way anyone is coming back to the WCHA is if they get an undeniable sweet tooth for cupcakes, barring that SCSU will be the reigning champion of the new Atlantic Hockey West.
        The WCHA will not become the AHA West, but why should I even respond to a moran...
        Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
          The WCHA will not become the AHA West, but why should I even respond to a moran...
          Oh sorry, ECAC West.
          tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

• Originally posted by Biddco View Post
            Oh sorry, ECAC West.
            You're always there when I need correcting, bless your heart.

"Tonight on versus, the nationally unranked huskies of St. Clown take on the nationally unranked Mavericks of Mankato in what is sure to be an epic matchup of nationally unranked horse hockey"
            "The man who smiles when something has gone wrong just thought of someone to blame it on." Robert Bloch
            Discontinued Program:http://s.ecrater.com/stores/70443/48...70e_70443n.jpg
            The goofs might suck, but Happy swallows.
            Brooks told me he added something to the effect that, “if you want to go into business, go to Harvard; if you want to be a hockey player, go to North Dakota...”

Comment

Originally posted by willythekid View Post
              in a few years is when it starts... if any of the teams in the NCHC want to come back there should be room after st cloud folds.
              Mankato will fold before any of the other programs do.
              the state of hockey is good

Comment

Originally posted by uaafanblog View Post
                2 posts and both of them are just ignorant. This one is so far off base is laughable. I have actively been telling people since 2007 not to fear the BTHC because having the hegemonic massive big10 schools leave would be a good thing. And when DG and Swami started the BHHC talk here; I derided and laughed at the concept.

It is no less stupid and pointless to do what they've done today than it was a year ago. It is wholly and simply an "aspirational" decision meant to elevate those school's standing in the broader college hockey class structure. It changes NOTHING with regard to their abilities to compete the with the BIG10 recruiting machine; they got the lion's share of elite recruits before the BHHC ... they'll get the lion's share of elite recruits with the BHHC in existence. It hasn't shown any real potential to fill program coffers with money. In fact, every justification that anyone from one of the BHHC schools has used for this move has been shot down here in any number of threads.

Rather than any kind of upset about this. I'm taking great delight in it all. CC or UMD are likely BHHC bottom-dwellers and that's going to be funny. Both schools made a rash decision that I'm thinking one day they'll regret. Perhaps that won't happen. Perhaps UMD and CC will be at the top of that league every year?
                You love that word ignorant, don't you? The first time you used it was correct. I was unaware of how the subsidies for AK trips worked, got the info, and thanked the posters who gave the information out. Then you came along and decided to be a ******. Now you use the term again after I reminded you of your "great hockey mind" about UAA's prospects last season (which you failed to talk about) then berate the NCHC because your infinite wisdom tells you its a bad move. Let's break down your latest gem, shall we?

It is aspirational, but in a good way. The 6 teams in the NCHC want to create higher competition for their schools and leave conferences that are now ruled by smaller schools with low athletic budgets. When the Big 10 teams left, it created a majority power imbalance and the NCHC teams didn't like what they saw. So yes, the move is aspirational, but in an ambitious and proactive way to ensure that their teams can compete at a high level for years to come.

Here is where you lose most of the people with half a hockey mind: You claim the Big 10 is a recruiting machine that steals all the elite recruits and the new NCHC won't be able to compete with this. You're telling me that Denver, North Dakota, UMD, CC, Miami, and UNO were having a hard time recruiting blue chip prospects against the Big 10 before the NCHC. That's why all six made the NCAA tournament last year, right? That's why four of them moved on to the second round, and two of them went on to the Frozen Four, with a certain team winning it all. All this without the "lion's share" of elite recruits! Must have been puck luck I guess.

You go on to claim that by creating the NCHC these teams will continue to lose out to the recruiting machine of the Big 10 and won't be able to compete. As opposed to what? Staying in their respective old conferences to beat up on smaller schools like UAA? How is that more likely to bring in recruits than a new conference full of powerhouses willing to put their necks on the line to create a competitive conference with lots of hockey tradition and a devotion to compete at a high level? How does creating a conference with a high strength of schedule yet small enough to incorporate a good number of non-conference games to create higher winning percentages a bad idea? Your logic is absolutely flawed. But please, respond with more arrogance and whine about how these schools are so wrong to leave and create balance in the college hockey landscape all the while creating room for smaller schools to win autobids and maybe even add new teams. Tell me how this is a bad idea for hockey in general. You're a tool.
                Last edited by UMDSimmerdown; 07-27-2011, 10:00 AM.
                University of Minnesota Duluth Bulldogs
                2007 Alumni
                WCHA Regular Season Champions: 1984, 1985, 1993
                WCHA Tournament Champions: 1984, 1985, 2009
                NCAA Appearances: 1983, 1984, 1985, 1993, 2004, 2009, 2011
                Frozen Four Appearances: 1984, 1985, 2004, 2011
                National Champions: 2011

Comment

Originally posted by cross cheque View Post
                  SCSU is moving to the CCHA?!?
                  “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Hats off to UMD--the new bottom feeders of the NCHC
                    Bob is making me concerned
                    I am the voice of reason

Comment

Originally posted by Biddco View Post
                      Oh sorry, ECAC West.
                      They're being led by a group of elitist academic schools?
                      "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

Originally posted by Skeeterman View Post
                        Hats off to UMD--the new bottom feeders of the NCHC
                        Same post, two different threads. Troll much?
                        University of Minnesota Duluth Bulldogs
                        2007 Alumni
                        WCHA Regular Season Champions: 1984, 1985, 1993
                        WCHA Tournament Champions: 1984, 1985, 2009
                        NCAA Appearances: 1983, 1984, 1985, 1993, 2004, 2009, 2011
                        Frozen Four Appearances: 1984, 1985, 2004, 2011
                        National Champions: 2011

Comment

• Originally posted by dggoddard View Post
                          The only reason the NCHC exists today is because Minnesota and Wisconsin left the WCHA.

You don't find it just a little coincidental that within 24 hours of the SCSU's president admiting that the fans have a right to be upset about the conference decision, the head hockey coach's name is linked to a coaching vacancy?

"Linked" by an extremely vague reporting quote "Rumored to be in the mix."
                          Yeah that's a quote that should have us worried.
                          "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
                          -Gallagher

R.I.P.
                          Grandpa G. ~ Feb 11, 1918-Oct. 6, 1999
                          Grandma ~ Jan 2004
                          Dad ~ Nov. 4, 1958-April 21, 2008
                          Grandpa S. ~ June 21, 1932-November 11, 2013

Comment

Originally posted by UMDSimmerdown View Post
                            Same post, two different threads. Troll much?
                            Skeeter is why the trolling image was invented on the internet! The original troll! He catches a lot that way too.

Comment

Originally posted by goldy_331 View Post
                              Skeeter is why the trolling image was invented on the internet! The original troll! He catches a lot that way too.
                              I resemble that remark!
                              Bob is making me concerned
                              I am the voice of reason

Comment

Originally posted by Biddco View Post
                                Oh sorry, ECAC West.
                                Can't use that name, a D3 league has already claimed it.

Comment

Working...
                                X