Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The new Super League is going down the tubes.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The new Super League is going down the tubes.

Originally posted by 4four4 View Post
    I remember when Michigan Tech was awesome, when Michigan, Michigan State, Notre Dame used play in the WCHA.
    Did college hockey survive when Michigan, Michigan State, and Notre Dame left the WCHA?
    The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Originally posted by The Sicatoka View Post
      Did college hockey survive when Michigan, Michigan State, and Notre Dame left the WCHA?
      Did North Dakota, Denver and Minnesota run away in fear for how crappy the WCHA would get when Michigan, Michigan State, Notre Dame AND MICHIGAN TECH left for the CCHA?
      Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
        Are you kidding me? As bigblue has stated, Michigan Tech just committed $1.5 million dollars to their coach. How are they suppose to pay him if the WCHA evaporates in 2 years? Thats how the program dies...not because they couldn't survive but because they have spent the last 2 decades trying to keep up with renovations and investment into the program...now only to be dumped for what appears to be nothing truly better. I don't see how anyone of the WCHA schools leaving for the Super League are better off. The leftover WCHA schools (except UAA) actually travel and do attend the final five to some degree. I don't see many ND, WMU or Miami fans traveling to Grand Forks for the conference tournament and I don't really see how Denver would prefer playing North Dakota at the Ralph vs in St Paul or where ever the Final Five would move to...This honestly makes no sense to me why DU and UND feel like they have to do this to be in a better position...I also can't see how Miami, while facing budget cuts can afford the travel that would be required in this new conference. This over reaction by the DU/UND is just appalling. If this all happens, the Big Hurt Conference Athletic directors will be hearing from me until they have to have their numbers changed.
        Forget all this "new conference" talk for a minute: What if UND and DU decided to just plain drop hockey to focus on football or lacrosse? Done. Poof. No more (just like an NCAA hated moniker will soon be ). That too would spell the demise of the team you mention in your theory, right?

So I'm left going back to my original question:

Why aren't they (SCSU, MSUM, Tech, etc.) in a position to take care of themselves?

Long ago a wise man told me: Nobody looks out for you but you, ... and you'd better never forget it.
        Seems some missed the memo.
        The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Originally posted by 4four4 View Post
          I remember when Michigan Tech was awesome, when Michigan, Michigan State, Notre Dame used play in the WCHA.
          Holy crap!!
          "My greatest achievement."
          Dirty on getting me suspended from USCHO.

I'm not an alcoholic! I'm an independent beer taster for Anheuser Busch.

Happy~Smelling like a warm turd sandwich since 11/15/07.

Comment

Obvious troll is obvious

Comment

Forget all this "new conference" talk for a minute: What if UND and DU decided to just plain drop hockey to focus on football or lacrosse? Done. Poof. No more (just like an NCAA hated moniker will soon be ). That too would spell the demise of the team you mention in your theory, right?

So I'm left going back to my original question:

Why aren't they (SCSU, MSUM, Tech, etc.) in a position to take care of themselves?
              Honestly, if UMD wasn't involved in the Big Hurt conference I'd be upset but I'd feel like there was a good core of solid teams with SCSU, MSUM, BSU, MTU, UMD, NMU, LSSU, UAA. Losing UMD really hurts being that I would think UMD would be a great location for the conference tournament and that would be a rather strong conference overall. In all honesty, I don't really give a **** what DU and CC do...I was kind of hoping DU, CC, UAA, UA_ and some canadian schools would create a conference. Then leave the WCHA at 8 or whatever. Losing wisconsin and minnesota is very difficult, losing du and cc is not a big deal to me because their fan bases suck and those team don't draw anyway. I just hate seeing a school like north dakota **** on 60+ years of history. In all honesty, I don't think Michigan Tech will ever disappear despite my worse fears. I might stop caring because it just won't be relevant anymore but then again, how is winning 4 games in a season relevant? SCSU, MSUM, BSU, UMD and UND should be together...they are all like minded institutions even if UND is trying to be a legit D1 school...I hate to see things fractured over Barry Alvarez and the B1G Mistake. The WCHA as it stood without UW and Minnesota is just a strong as the supposed league being discussed. Tell me how trading SCSU, MSUM, BSU, UAA, and MTU for Miami and WMU is really better for anyone. Are you trying to tell me that SCSU and Mankato haven't had their stretches where they weren't as good as Miami is now? Do you think Miami would be as dominant as they have been if they had played in the WCHA grind? Its just a bunch of idiots worried about their dick being too small.
              Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
                Honestly, if UMD wasn't involved in the Big Hurt conference I'd be upset but I'd feel like there was a good core of solid teams with SCSU, MSUM, BSU, MTU, UMD, NMU, LSSU, UAA. Losing UMD really hurts being that I would think UMD would be a great location for the conference tournament and that would be a rather strong conference overall. In all honesty, I don't really give a **** what DU and CC do...I was kind of hoping DU, CC, UAA, UA_ and some canadian schools would create a conference. Then leave the WCHA at 8 or whatever. Losing wisconsin and minnesota is very difficult, losing du and cc is not a big deal to me because their fan bases suck and those team don't draw anyway. I just hate seeing a school like north dakota **** on 60+ years of history. In all honesty, I don't think Michigan Tech will ever disappear despite my worse fears. I might stop caring because it just won't be relevant anymore but then again, how is winning 4 games in a season relevant? SCSU, MSUM, BSU, UMD and UND should be together...they are all like minded institutions even if UND is trying to be a legit D1 school...I hate to see things fractured over Barry Alvarez and the B1G Mistake. The WCHA as it stood without UW and Minnesota is just a strong as the supposed league being discussed. Tell me how trading SCSU, MSUM, BSU, UAA, and MTU for Miami and WMU is really better for anyone. Are you trying to tell me that SCSU and Mankato haven't had their stretches where they weren't as good as Miami is now? Do you think Miami would be as dominant as they have been if they had played in the WCHA grind? Its just a bunch of idiots worried about their dick being too small.
                I agree with just about everything here.

Comment

If SCSU and MSUM are supposed to be able to "stand on their own" why is UND acting like they can't stand in a WCHA without MN and WI, when that is a league UND would clearly be the top dog in? If UND is so able to stand on its own, then go be an independent and prove it.
                  "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
                  -Gallagher

R.I.P.
                  Grandpa G. ~ Feb 11, 1918-Oct. 6, 1999
                  Grandma ~ Jan 2004
                  Dad ~ Nov. 4, 1958-April 21, 2008
                  Grandpa S. ~ June 21, 1932-November 11, 2013

Comment

my hat is off to Bruce Macleod and the WCHA. and to Minnesota for all the work they've done over the years to foster college hockey. nurturing the small schools and growing the sport was the thing. in the eyes of DU and UND $$$$ is the thing.
                    Originally posted by mtu_huskies
                    "We are not too far away from a national championship," said (John) Scott.
                    Boosh Factor 4

Originally posted by Brent Hoven
                    Yeah, but you're my favorite hag.

Comment

If those schools haven't grown to where they can "fly on their" own whose fault is that?
                      Are you really this stupid, or do you just not want to get it? A conference consisting of leftover D-II schools will simply not be able to sell itself as big-time college sports. Hell, I don't buy it; why should casual fans?
                      My guy is a hard-nosed hockey player who is not afraid to crash the net. Your guy is a goon who runs the goalie.

Comment

Originally posted by huskyfan View Post
                        my hat is off to Bruce Macleod and the WCHA. and to Minnesota for all the work they've done over the years to foster college hockey. nurturing the small schools and growing the sport was the thing. in the eyes of DU and UND $$$$ is the thing.
                        It's really too bad Penn State and Barry Alvarez had to start the Big 10 Hockey Conference that no one wanted to force Michigan and Minnesota's hand. Sad day.
                        **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                        Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                          It's really too bad Penn State and Barry Alvarez had to start the Big 10 Hockey Conference that no one wanted to force Michigan and Minnesota's hand. Sad day.
                          I don't blame the Big 10 (11, 12, whatever) schools. the Big Ten league was inevitable. I blame UND (founding member of the WCHA) and DU.
                          Originally posted by mtu_huskies
                          "We are not too far away from a national championship," said (John) Scott.
                          Boosh Factor 4

Originally posted by Brent Hoven
                          Yeah, but you're my favorite hag.

Comment

Originally posted by huskyfan View Post
                            I don't blame the Big 10 (11, 12, whatever) schools. the Big Ten league was inevitable. I blame UND (founding member of the WCHA) and DU.
                            Cool. Have fun not having a team!
                            Hollywood Hair Care Tip for Infinity (Directly from Hollywood himself)
                            when its minus 20 and u have to go outside.. make sure u wear a winter hat as the mohawk does not enjoy the winter weathe(r)
                            Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

Originally posted by Dirty View Post
                              How often do you get beat up?
                              My guy is a hard-nosed hockey player who is not afraid to crash the net. Your guy is a goon who runs the goalie.

Comment

Originally posted by Dirty View Post
                                **** you too.
                                "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
                                -Gallagher

R.I.P.
                                Grandpa G. ~ Feb 11, 1918-Oct. 6, 1999
                                Grandma ~ Jan 2004
                                Dad ~ Nov. 4, 1958-April 21, 2008
                                Grandpa S. ~ June 21, 1932-November 11, 2013

Comment

Working...
                                X