Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Fire roby!!

Originally posted by Ryecheers View Post
    NU's probationary period ended several month ago.

One knock on Roby is that he's a basketball guy. This is probably because he's about 6'5" and was the varsity coaach are Harvard for srvrao years.
    Keep in mind that even if he is a hoop guy, he is a hoop guy in Eastern Mass. - not in Taos NM. He knows, and he understands Hockey's importance
    Yes, but the Cronin violations happened during the probation period, which means still subject to increased penalties. Let's say a less strict AD was there, knew about the Cronin violations and tried to either sweep them under the rug or play them down. Roby is the man for the job during a time when the NCAA is coming down hard on programs with violations (whether the violations are illegal benefits to players or recruitment, NCAA is enforcing them tough lately). Even though the probation period technically has ended, NU is still in hot water, and IMO, if Roby is not the AD, the probation and loss of scholarships would either be extended and expanded to hockey or worse, the entire athletics program.
    THEDOGHOUSE alum

Comment

I agree. Fire Roby. He's a basketball guy and a pretty worthless AD. (See my rant in the other thread)

Oh, and Mr. Papagiorgio........ F off, Go Away.
      Dog House Class of 2003

"Puh Pah Playoffs!...You talk about playoffs?... You kiddin' me? Playoffs?"

55-622-73-35-418, I'm on FIRE!

Comment

Originally posted by HuskyDreds View Post
        Yes, but the Cronin violations happened during the probation period, which means still subject to increased penalties. Let's say a less strict AD was there, knew about the Cronin violations and tried to either sweep them under the rug or play them down. Roby is the man for the job during a time when the NCAA is coming down hard on programs with violations (whether the violations are illegal benefits to players or recruitment, NCAA is enforcing them tough lately). Even though the probation period technically has ended, NU is still in hot water, and IMO, if Roby is not the AD, the probation and loss of scholarships would either be extended and expanded to hockey or worse, the entire athletics program.
        Cool your jets! There were no illegal benefits to recruits.
        The worst thing we did involved sending too many texts to recruits - not prospects. Relative to the infractions at Ohio State and others, this was like spitting on the sidewalk in violation of some obscure local ordinance. Roby took out his elephant gun and blew away a mouse. It made a lot of noise and showed that we were on top of things and were prepared to deal swiftly with any perceived transgression. BTW we were not alone in this practice. Our Dick Tracy types were more alert.
        I am not losing sleep over the kinds of further penaltiesw or self flagellation we may have to endure. I simply hope that the incident doesn't hurt Sebastien's shot at the HC job.

Comment

Originally posted by Happy Husky Victory! View Post
          I agree. Fire Roby. He's a basketball guy and a pretty worthless AD. (See my rant in the other thread)
          I'm not out there campaigning for Roby, but come on, whats are his biggest knocks? The loss of the Football program? And not mingling with young alumni? Everyone knows the football program was either going down or required serious investment (sorry we aren't building a multi-million dollar stadium for a bad DI-AA team. I honestly don't care if he mingles with the alumni as long as he does his job right. He has definitely shown leadership and integrity, two things that go a long way in athletics. As for clashing with Cronin . . . I loved the guy as a coach, but he was a hard a**. If you ever talked to the guy you can understand how he would have tension with any AD after reported violations and a suspension. My only real worry is his bias towards basketball but as of yet I haven't seen him hurt the hockey team to help the the basketball team.

Comment

Originally posted by chase.ma View Post
            I'm not out there campaigning for Roby, but come on, whats are his biggest knocks? The loss of the Football program? And not mingling with young alumni? Everyone knows the football program was either going down or required serious investment (sorry we aren't building a multi-million dollar stadium for a bad DI-AA team. I honestly don't care if he mingles with the alumni as long as he does his job right.
            I don't want to go back and forth on this, but a few things need to be said. 1. He has ****ed off a lot of donors and supporters because of his antics with the football program. Believe me, I'm the first guy to say that the football program was a waste, I'm glad it's gone. But, when you promise big money donors that the program isn't going anywhere, take peoples money and a week or two later turn around and announce that the program is gone, that's just wrong. Compound that with the fact that he had a "rocky relationship" with Cronin at the very least, and the ****ed off some hockey donors, its not a good situation 2. He doesn't care about hockey at all. He would cut our hockey program in a second if it meant that we could get in to the Atlantic 10 for basketball. 3. Communication and cultivation of alumni, young and old, is very important if we want to keep things moving in the right direction.
            Dog House Class of 2003

"Puh Pah Playoffs!...You talk about playoffs?... You kiddin' me? Playoffs?"

55-622-73-35-418, I'm on FIRE!

Comment

I don't understand how Cronin leaving is killing NU hockey

Comment

Originally posted by Happy Husky Victory! View Post
                I don't want to go back and forth on this, but a few things need to be said. 1. He has ****ed off a lot of donors and supporters because of his antics with the football program. Believe me, I'm the first guy to say that the football program was a waste, I'm glad it's gone. But, when you promise big money donors that the program isn't going anywhere, take peoples money and a week or two later turn around and announce that the program is gone, that's just wrong. Compound that with the fact that he had a "rocky relationship" with Cronin at the very least, and the ****ed off some hockey donors, its not a good situation 2. He doesn't care about hockey at all. He would cut our hockey program in a second if it meant that we could get in to the Atlantic 10 for basketball. 3. Communication and cultivation of alumni, young and old, is very important if we want to keep things moving in the right direction.
                Husky basketball program is a joke, the ONLY sport in the school that has a chance of having any following at all is hockey.
                Husky Hockey heading to the top of the bottom!

Comment

Dead wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by steve66 View Post
                    Husky basketball program is a joke, the ONLY sport in the school that has a chance of having any following at all is hockey.
                    2009 actually the basketball program had more interest but that's because they should've made the NCAA Tournament. Wish I'd gone to NU in the 80's when making the NCAA Tournament was considered normal.
                    Northeastern Huskies

Beanpot Champions: 2018, 2019
                    Hockey East Champions: 2016, 2019

Comment

bump
                      Alaska Dispatch .... Doyle Woody
                      UAF made the kind of hockey history on October 10th 2015 that no team wants to claim – the Nanooks became the first NCAA Division I victim of Arizona State.

Originally Posted by WeWantMore At least you guys have Packers colors.

I Must be Famous ....a School named their program after me

Comment

Working...
                      X