This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: MICHIGAN TECH OFFSEASON THREAD II: The Winning has started

Does anyone know why the big announcement is in C-Springs? I would have guessed Grand Forks or something like that...

Comment

Originally posted by BlizzardT View Post
      Does anyone know why the big announcement is in C-Springs? I would have guessed Grand Forks or something like that...
      UND probably told them not to hold it there, so they wouldn't look like the Villains even though they are..
      Originally posted by SCSU Euro
      What are you TALKING about? Best fans, best travelling, best insults nobody else understands, best talking in nerdy code. MTU rocks at like everything but winning hockey games.

Comment

to make it look like this wasn't UND and DU's bright idea. blame it on the little guy.
        Originally posted by mtu_huskies
        "We are not too far away from a national championship," said (John) Scott.
        Boosh Factor 4

Originally posted by Brent Hoven
        Yeah, but you're my favorite hag.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
          Offseason IV: Profit?
          Offseason IV Should be players? Or how about ice at the Mac?

Comment

Sulk all you want, but it's probably time to conserve some blame, hatred, and rage for when we actually play UND and DU the next couple years. Just a thought.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
              Sulk all you want, but it's probably time to conserve some blame, hatred, and rage for when we actually play UND and DU the next couple years. Just a thought.
              I have plenty of blame and hatred to last well into my retirement years
              Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
                I have plenty of blame and hatred to last well into my retirement years
                mine will easily last a lifetime.
                Originally posted by mtu_huskies
                "We are not too far away from a national championship," said (John) Scott.
                Boosh Factor 4

Originally posted by Brent Hoven
                Yeah, but you're my favorite hag.

Comment

Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
                  The defenseman that the Detroit drafted in 2009 that just signed a 3 year deal with the wings? He hasn't been eligible to play college hockey since November 2009 when he started playing in the Swedish Elite League.
                  I don't think he actually signed with wings; they are required to offer him a contract to retain his rights but it's a formality as he likely will be in Sweden for the next couple years; I didn't do much research to see if he played SEL, quite a few will play J20 a year after being drafted before going SEL and would be eligible still. My point is that Sweden (Finland etc) has alot of players who are not committed to NCAA this fall and would be open game to pry away from going to the SEL or J19-20 (such as Holmberg). These players essentially already played a year or two of juniors and would be far more ready for the NCAA than kids out of high school.
                  Last edited by JOHN SCOTT ROCKS; 07-12-2011, 10:38 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by JOHN SCOTT ROCKS View Post
                    I don't think he actually signed with wings; they are required to offer him a contract to retain his rights but it's a formality as he likely will be in Sweden for the next couple years; I didn't do much research to see if he played SEL, quite a few will play J20 a year after being drafted before going SEL and would be eligible still. My point is that Sweden (Finland etc) has alot of players who are not committed to NCAA this fall and would be open game to pry away from going to the SEL or J19-20 (such as Holmberg). These players essentially already played a year or two of juniors and would be far more ready for the NCAA than kids out of high school.
                    Uhm, where do you think Holmberg came from? Michigan Tech was pushing hard on 3 euros after they made a trip over to Sweden...Holmberg chose Tech, the other 2 chose SEL.
                    Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Originally posted by JOHN SCOTT ROCKS View Post
                      He spent the last two years in the SEL, and will be playing with the Griffins next year.

EDIT: I do agree about the European players though.
                      Last edited by JohnDobler; 07-12-2011, 11:02 PM.

Comment

The problem with sweden is that as soon as they get wind of a player being recruited they start to play him a few games in the SEL and put him on the roster even if they have no intention whatsoever of playing him long term. So it's a bit of a crap shoot to get them here.
                        Last edited by manurespreader; 07-12-2011, 11:38 PM.
                        MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

Originally posted by BlizzardT View Post
                          Wouldnt you rather go to Colorado Springs than Grand Forks?
                          "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

Originally posted by davyd83 View Post
                            Wouldnt you rather go to Colorado Springs than Grand Forks?
                            Certainly and there is more media in the Springs too. Still no one will be there much due to the world cup. It most likely will get 1 column inch on page 6 of the globe.
                            MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

Originally posted by manurespreader View Post
                              Certainly and there is more media in the Springs too. Still no one will be there much due to the world cup. It most likely will get 1 column inch on page 6 of the globe.
                              Or because newspapers are dying and are operating on thin budgets. If we any college hockey recieved 1 column in on page 6 of the globe that would be amazing.
                              tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

I'm wondering what Pearson's take on re-alignment is. I forget how his hire and the BIG 6 (or are they the small 6 now that there is a new "big six or super six?) started. I have to believe that coaches around the leagues new some of this was likely. Does it change recruiting now? For better or worse? I guess it comes down to how much of our recruiting pitch was centered around playing in the strongest (apologies to those out east who disagree) conference.

Comment

Working...
                                X